Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 15:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda Amaze VX AT

Congratulations on your new Honda!

The Urban Titanium color looks fantastic on the Amaze as it does on the Brio.

Wishing you many happy trouble-free miles!
Old 9th July 2013, 15:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Many congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Heartiest Congratulations r_nairtvm! A comprehensive ownership review, I must say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition Honda and horns are not good news. I hope they do not use the same horn which they use on the city. It would generally be a wise decision to replace it with an aftermarket one.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Congratulations!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congratulations on your acquisition r_nairtvm. I liked your style of shutting down the Idiotic SA.
Meanwhile, congratulations on the car again, drive safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Congratulation on your new purchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Congratulations on your new car. You have a flair for writing and for someone from the PTG, you're pretty good at the usage and coining of acronyms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Congrats r_nairtvm !!

In your excitement you got the "Honda" spelling wrong on the first line. If possible kindly correct it..

Kudos to your excitement and joy of owning the Amaze...

Cheers
MKP
Dear All,

Thanks for the words of appreciation

Swanilrulers - I normally am not curt with any one. But the whole buying experience has been so exasperating that I really lost my forbearance. I really felt sorry afterwards.

Lalvaz - glad to know some one young still appreciates me

MKP, thanks for pointing out the spelling. I am at an age where hands are not keeping up with mind (not really ). Only Mods can correct it now

Excitement ? - Hardly (its my 8th NEW Car and 14th NEW Vehicle delivery) was really exasperated at the buying experience though.

Its the first new vehicle I bought in India after becoming a TBHPian and hence thought I will do a report that is all

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe.

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 9th July 2013 at 15:31.
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe.
Ram
Congratulations on your new Honda, Ram.
Having experienced the pleasures of driving an AT (A-Star AT) in city traffic, I am almost certain I am not buying a manual again.

Thinking of buying Amaze AT as the A-Star is driven by Wife.
Please help me with the following points.
1. FE (city and highway)
2. Noise levels
3. You know when the gear changes in A-star (shift noise is audible), do you feel it in Amaze too? I didnt notice it in a Accord. Hence the question.
4. Overall performace of the auto gear box.

Would appreciate your inputs.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Thinking of buying Amaze AT as the A-Star is driven by Wife.
Please help me with the following points.
1. FE (city and highway)
2. Noise levels
3. You know when the gear changes in A-star (shift noise is audible), do you feel it in Amaze too? I didnt notice it in a Accord. Hence the question.
4. Overall performace of the auto gear box.

Would appreciate your inputs.
bigwheelz,

So far I am happy with the Amaze - but the dealing with the dealership whilst the buying process was goin on has been a pain. However after sale periodic service etc dealer had delivered on promises almost at 80% level. The car has been doing well and frankly it didn't need any attention so far.

I am non-resident (only once a moth use) and wife who is the primary user is very happy with it and calls it a "peppy performer" and often even finds it compares well over her last drive in Dubai which was a Nissan Xtrail
  1. FE - in city BANGALORE - which is mostly a stop and go traffic - with constant A/c on its 10-12 kpl range. Higway - haven't done any serious highway trips excepting with in 100 KM range on which the indicated FE levels were in the 14 - 16 kpl range ( to be fair in the 100 km about 30 km would have been stop and go suburban traffic). So on a true higway I suspect it should give around 16 kpl ay least.
  2. Noise Levels - not a major botheration and the Music sytem at about 10 to 12 volume range drowns most of the noises. Being a Honda Petrol, there is hardly any engine noise even when reving spiritedly, all the noise is tyre/road noise (I have Goodyear tyres on). I have plans to install a tyrewell curtain (pvc liner inside the mudguards - as and when its available from Honda (I am told its going to be on offer soon). I don't know if that is there in Brio, if so that would be a direct fit.
  3. The shifts in the AT box is quiet seemless and hardly noticable - as expected of a Honda AT box - compares well with the Accord AT box
  4. AT Box - the ratios are quiet nicely spaced to make it really peppy. Pulls away well from follwing traffic as soon as you put your foot down on seeing a clear stretch in front (which is a rare scenario in Bangalore except when you are in the front line at a signal). Even at the top gear it has enough torque to tackle flyovers etc on the go without a downshift. I ahven't tried Astar AT and hence cant compare.
Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 00:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
bigwheelz,

So far I am happy with the Amaze

Ram
Thank you Ram for the detailed reply. Your inputs will surely help me in my decision making.
Old 6th October 2013, 01:54   #21
BHPian

Congratulations r_nairtvm on your new ride

You just cant go wrong with the Honda Amaze and especially if its an Auto.

Wishing you many happy miles of safe driving!
Old 30th October 2013, 22:06   #22
BHPian

r_nairtvm congrats on your honda amaze AT , I own a same amaze AT but 10 days prior to you . I got this little amazing thing on April 22nd . I am very lazy to start a thread . Will soon start a separate thread for my amaze .My Honda Amaze VX AT-image.jpg

You can never go wrong with a honda , that too with their AT gearbox . Wish you have very happy miles with your Amaze .
drbones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 23:47   #23
BHPian

Congrats for the Amaze. This color suits the car really well.
Wishing your BF loads of happy miles with the Amaze.
Old 31st October 2013, 09:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
9.2 Lakhs is pretty steep IMO considering it is an entry level sedan. Lovely car nevertheless. Please put up more pictures.
Just a quick comment. The VX-AT (Petrol) and the VX-MT (Diesel) are priced almost the same with the latter about 10-15k dearer.
Old 31st October 2013, 12:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!!
9.2 Lakhs is pretty steep IMO considering it is an entry level sedan. Lovely car nevertheless. Please put up more pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Just a quick comment. The VX-AT (Petrol) and the VX-MT (Diesel) are priced almost the same with the latter about 10-15k dearer.
Pancham, I just saw your post - of the INR 9.2 Lakhs - Over INR 1 Lakh was the RTO Tax in Karnataka - which is @ 15% of the invoice value. The Invoice was just below INR 8 Lakh ( I don't have the papers at hand to give you the exacts).

Best Regards & Drive safe

Ram
Old 19th November 2013, 19:49   #26
BHPian

Ram, I guess I am a little late to the party, but better late than never, right? So congratulations on your Amaze from another happy Amaze owner . I too think it's a great car and am very happy with my decision (mine is a blue MT)

Quote:
  1. FE - in city BANGALORE - which is mostly a stop and go traffic - with constant A/c on its 10-12 kpl range. Higway - haven't done any serious highway trips excepting with in 100 KM range on which the indicated FE levels were in the 14 - 16 kpl range ( to be fair in the 100 km about 30 km would have been stop and go suburban traffic). So on a true higway I suspect it should give around 16 kpl ay least.
  2. Noise Levels - not a major botheration and the Music sytem at about 10 to 12 volume range drowns most of the noises. Being a Honda Petrol, there is hardly any engine noise even when reving spiritedly, all the noise is tyre/road noise (I have Goodyear tyres on). I have plans to install a tyrewell curtain (pvc liner inside the mudguards - as and when its available from Honda (I am told its going to be on offer soon). I don't know if that is there in Brio, if so that would be a direct fit.
Ram
The FE looks good, especially considering it's an AT. Even in my MT, I get around 11 in city traffic!

Regarding tyres, I upgraded to Michelin XM2 and find them to be very good. More comfortable ride, less noise, vastly improved grip, etc.

So, enjoy your Amaze! Drive safe!
Old 19th November 2013, 21:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Top-Gear;3297809
Regarding tyres, I upgraded to Michelin XM2 and find them to be very good. More comfortable ride, less noise, vastly improved grip, etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your note

One question on the Michelin - is it ISI marked - in other words is it available in India legally

My OE is Good Year

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram
Old 20th November 2013, 18:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your note

One question on the Michelin - is it ISI marked - in other words is it available in India legally
Ram
Ram, didn't check for the ISI mark. But I bought it from an authorised dealer. Shouldn't that be sufficient?
Old 10th September 2015, 11:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Almost two years since I updated this thread.

The car is doing great and the better half who is the main user of the car is very happy with it. AT has been a pleasure in Bangalore and in one and only long trip (to Trivandrum and back) till date as well.

"Zilch" issues with it till date (its now around 15K mark).

The stop and go traffic in Bangalore must be taking its toll on the brake pads and disks, I may have replace it at the next service (service centre was suggesting that as well)

Been happy with the Service/Service team of Dakshin Honda, Bangalore as well. They have been regular in reminding the service due dates etc. and value added services like pick up & drop off.

No rattles etc. from A pillar or any other part.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:17   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

dear PTG friend, good to hear about the update. Cant expect any less from the H, can we ?

But I am a little surprised by the need to change brake pads & disks so early. I hope it is not based on friendly "advice" from the "friendly SA".

Happy driving !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks