Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 19:09   #16
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT TSI : Initial ownership & driving report EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Great review and happy to note the ownership reviews are increasing by the minute here! If not mistaken, yours is the second ownership review today!

Wishing you a great ownership and Drive Safe!

Cheers!

Cheers!
Thanks volkman10. I observed that we had quite a few GT owners on here but not enough reviews and hence i decided to do a quick write up though its less than 24 hours since i got my GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Hey,
Congrats on the Polo GT!
That's two ownership reports in a day, after a dearth of any for a while!
Hope you have many awesome miles in your Turbocharged Polo!
Thanks nipcarlover. It was good to finally see a couple of reviews today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Heartiest congratulations on your GT TSI, the red rocket!
You look nice in the second pic beside your GT TSI.

Hope you have many happy miles with her (rather HIM) and enjoy it to the fullest. Also, hope you keep it for a longer time!

Are the door sills illuminated? When are you planning for the body kit?
Thanks Loud. I will definitely be keeping this car for quite a while unlike my previous cars because it appears as though i have finally found what i was looking for all along. I don't think the door sills are illuminated. I haven't checked. I might wait for a couple of months before i adorn the Red Rocket with a body kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Great choice there! She looks rocking in the red attire . Have a niggle free ownership and a lot of fast, safe miles on this little number cruncher.
Thanks Arch-Angel, i appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Congrats and drive safe while having fun.

Wheel wells look empty. Upgrade and fill it up. Make her LOOK like a 10L hot hatch!!
Thanks WindRide. I agree that the wheel wells look empty. I might go for a tire upgrade in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Congrats on the car chase, the polo Tsi is a nice fun and peppy hatchback. However, I m sure you will get used to the power soon and will be left wanting for more.
Regarding the run in, I feel its better not to over rev the engine or redline it than sticking under certain speeds

And the steering wheel volume control is there in my car so it should be there in yours too
Thank you robimahanta. I am dreading the day when i get used to the power because i don't know where i would go from here in the hatchback segment. The mini cooper s is out of my reach and i am not interested in sedans. Lets see what the future holds.

The volume controls in the steering do work. It was my mistake. I didn't turn the ignition key to the 3rd step and hence my mistake .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Congrats on the car. Hope you have a trouble-free ownership. The '+' and '-' on the steering is the volume control.
Thank you shivasuma. The volume controls in the steering do work. It was my mistake. I didn't turn the ignition key to the 3rd step and hence my mistake .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Congratulations on your new buy.
Love that Polo TSI badge on the sill. Isthat an extra fitment ?
Thanks buddy. The badge is standard fitment with the GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Congratulations chase_nt for your new red rocket! I suppose the majority of GT owners on BHP have the same pros & cons as you. The brake require about 200/300 kms of run-in as per the manual. So avoid any unnecessary sharp braking during this time. As for me, I feel an improvement in the sharpness after the run-in. Or maybe it's just that I've gotten more used to the way they work.
Thanks pal. I'll observe if there is any improvement with the brakes once it reaches a couple of hundred kilometers. It might take a while for that though because i don't drive that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Congratulations man.One real hot hatch!!!.Gorgeous looks and awesome power to go with it.It really must be a driver's delight.Please do post the mileage figures also and regularly update the ownership report.
Thanks rock18. Its sheer driving pleasure. I just filled in 10 odd liters in the tank yesterday and i will let you know the mileage once i fill er up again. I don't drive much so it might be a month before i actually get to fill it again.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 19:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Congrats Nitin! Had seen the pic of the car earlier and it looks good. Planning to change the audio as in all your other cars? Drive safe!
Thanks rajdeep. It looks like every other Polo but once you drive it, its something else . I am not planning on changing the audio system in the car at the moment because i am enjoying the sound of the engine.
Old 12th June 2013, 19:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations chase_nt on the fine buy. Glad you figured out the steering controls.

Keep updating and safe driving...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 20:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post

The fold able key with which you can control everything from the fuel cap release to the windows as well as the boot.
Congratulations on your new ride! Can you please elaborate on the feature of fuel cap release using the key. Thanks
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 20:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Loud. I will definitely be keeping this car for quite a while unlike my previous cars because it appears as though i have finally found what i was looking for all along. I don't think the door sills are illuminated. I haven't checked. I might wait for a couple of months before i adorn the Red Rocket with a body kit.
Nice to hear that you have found your 'ULTIMATE' car. Show him lots of road!

You can simply open the doors at night and they will light up, if they are illuminated.

No matter! Take your own time in investing for the body kit. It looks hot as of now also.

Do you plan to upgrade the rims/tyres?

BTW, I feel VW should have made the Polo GT TSI different from the Highline variants. It becomes very hard to tell the difference until you spot the GT TSI badging at the C Pillar.

What about adding black stripes on it? A cheap job but totally worth it. Browse through nicely modified cars thread and you will find it. Else, I will post the pics once I find them.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 20:33   #21
BHPian

Congrats on purchase of this new ride. She is such a beauty. Wish you many many happy miles ahead.

So many photos and not a single one of the best feature of this car. DSG shifter. Come on..One for the road. Add a photo of it please
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 21:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
What about adding black stripes on it? A cheap job but totally worth it. Browse through nicely modified cars thread and you will find it. Else, I will post the pics once I find them.
Here is the pic:

Source: Here

Whatsay?
Loud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 21:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Here is the pic:

Source: Here

Whatsay?
When we do these paint jobs, do we have to get that updated in the RC as well?
Old 12th June 2013, 22:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Are you sure? Because I don't think so since the car colour remains the same on most parts.
I think that it is a sticker job. If not, chase_nt can get a similar sticker job done on his car.
Old 13th June 2013, 09:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations chase_nt on the fine buy. Glad you figured out the steering controls.

Keep updating and safe driving...
Thanks dkaile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! Can you please elaborate on the feature of fuel cap release using the key. Thanks
Thanks man. There is no separate fuel lid release button or boot release button inside the car as the fuel cap gets locked automatically when you lock the car. Once the car is unlocked either using the key or the remote or the central locking button on the drivers door.. all you have to do is press the fuel lid inwards and it opens.

Quote:
You can simply open the doors at night and they will light up, if they are illuminated.

Do you plan to upgrade the rims/tyres?

BTW, I feel VW should have made the Polo GT TSI different from the Highline variants. It becomes very hard to tell the difference until you spot the GT TSI badging at the C Pillar.

The door sill badges are not illuminated. It would've been awesome if they were though. I do not want to upgrade the rims or tires as that might affect the warranty on the vehicle. I have a feeling that this car is gonna be with me for more than 2 years. Once the warranty is over I will certainly upgrade the rims and the tires. I agree with you that the GT looks similar to regular Polos except for the stickers. VW should have at least added racing stripes to make it stand out. Thanks for the pics of those vehicles with racing stripes. I like the red with white stripes. I might go in for that in the future as it looks smashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Congrats on purchase of this new ride. She is such a beauty. Wish you many many happy miles ahead.

So many photos and not a single one of the best feature of this car. DSG shifter. Come on..One for the road. Add a photo of it please
Thanks samyboy. I took a pic of it but I didn't include it as It didn't come out that well. I will post one tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
That's a good question. I don't think there is a need to because the overall color of the vehicle is not changing.
chase_nt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 11:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Chase! Nice red number there.

Quote:
Notice most of the dummy buttons at the center. Most of these buttons have functionality on the GT's sold outside India according to the owners manual.
Does the GT TSI have an option to disable the passenger airbag? The Polo sold here (in Singapore) has this option via one of the button at the centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt
The rear seat legroom is very ordinary for a vehicle that costs so much but that’s not an issue for me because we have to understand that the GT TSI is not a car that everyone goes out and purchases. It’s strictly for the enthusiasts.
Does the rear seat come with three 3-point seatbelts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt
The GT has robust build quality on the outside as well as on the inside. The doors and the bonnet are as heavy and as solid as a German tank. The moniker “a wolf in sheep’s clothing” comes to my mind when I see the GT from the outside. It might look like the regular Polo however all the magic is conjured by the superlative engine, gearbox and transmission of this masterpiece.
That’s indeed the key point. Racing stripes or not, you know that you’re driving a car which is sound on safety, power and comfort. Enjoy the car!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 11:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
The door sill badges are not illuminated. It would've been awesome if they were though.
Yes. Illuminated ones with RED backlight would have looked great. Are these sills present on the rear doors also or only front ones?

Quote:
I do not want to upgrade the rims or tires as that might affect the warranty on the vehicle. I have a feeling that this car is gonna be with me for more than 2 years. Once the warranty is over I will certainly upgrade the rims and the tires.
Yes, that's a strong point. Warranty issues. After 2 years, no excuses, eh? Straight 17" wheels with 215+ section tyres! Nice to hear that you plan to keep it for longer. Good!

Quote:
I agree with you that the GT looks similar to regular Polos except for the stickers. VW should have at least added racing stripes to make it stand out.
Are you listening VW?

Quote:
Thanks for the pics of those vehicles with racing stripes. I like the red with white stripes. I might go in for that in the future as it looks smashing.
They look really edgy on the Polo. Actually, they match well with the plain styling of the Polo. Waiting to see those soon on your GT TSI!

Quote:
That's a good question. I don't think there is a need to because the overall color of the vehicle is not changing.
Thanks for agreeing to my point. I don't feel any need because this is a small sticker job and most of the original paint of the car is retained.
Old 13th June 2013, 12:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I do not want to upgrade the rims or tires as that might affect the warranty on the vehicle. I have a feeling that this car is gonna be with me for more than 2 years. Once the warranty is over I will certainly upgrade the rims and the tires.[
Have you found out about extended warranty? It might be useful to take it and will hopefully provide you a higher resale value when you sell this. The DSG is notorious now for all the failures and it may be a good idea to insure yourself against any failure. I like the sleeper looks that surprise the bigger cars on the road !
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 14:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Nitin for the fastest hatch in a very hot colour.
Wish you loads on entertainment and absolute niggle free performance.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

I agree with you on the point that VW should have put in disc brakes on all four for this hatch.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 14:29   #30
BHPian

First of all congratulations on your new car. I purchased a white gt in May without taking a test drive same as you. I know that u already know this but for the benefit of others who are thinking of purchasing this car......THIS IS ONE AMAZING VEHICLE.

I read in one of your posts regarding poor braking performance.
The braking of the car will improve as u put on the miles and get used to the DSG Gearbox.
I have driven my car approx 2000km and now i feel that the braking is adequate for the car whereas when i first purchased the car i felt that the brakes were poor due to the sudden burst of power.
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks