Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 22:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Premier 118 NE - Grey Goose - Restored Pics on Page 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
The NE came out real nice, like the subtle racing line (decal?) & wheel covers look good for the moment. Must be a cruiser & u already touched 100 mark thrice, its a testimony of a well behaved engine, lucky you
Hope you enjoy many miles on it.

BTW please correct me if wrong but does your NE got a plastic bumper set ?
Thanks Sagar Bhai. Indeed its a great piece of automobile.
The bumpers of my 118 NE are metal.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 09:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
We went for a ride with the family and the driving comfort was amazing and the suspension took the potholes and ditches so smoothly. Effortlessly touched 80km and crossed 100 mark thrice.

Needless to say, I may never part with this car in my life.
Amazing. Probably one of the best 118NEs here. Any reason for hanging on to cross-ply tires?

P.S:- I would like to restore my Padmini to that condition one day.
Old 10th August 2013, 09:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Amazing. Probably one of the best 118NEs here. Any reason for hanging on to cross-ply tires?

P.S:- I would like to restore my Padmini to that condition one day.
Thanks. Will be upgrading to Tubeless wider Radials soon.

Last edited by hillram : 10th August 2013 at 09:55.
Old 10th August 2013, 11:45   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed its a great piece of automobile. The bumpers of my 118 NE are metal.
Dear Ram - congratulations and enjoy! Your car has plastic bumpers made by a company called "Pfeda". They made the steering wheels as well. Your car seems to be 1994 model or thereabouts as it has the LH side exhaust system. This was done to package "my solution" fuel system for eliminating vapor lock (with electronic pump). Please don't monkey around with the fuel system otherwise you will have huge vapor lock problem. Please post detailed underfloor photographs of the fuel system. Please see Mr.K.K.Vaidya's 118NE thread for full details. Don't go beyond 155/80R13, steering will become sluggish, caster is not suitable for wider tire and also it does not have power steering.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 16:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ram - congratulations and enjoy! Your car has plastic bumpers made by a company called "Pfeda". They made the steering wheels as well. Your car seems to be 1994 model or thereabouts as it has the LH side exhaust system. This was done to package "my solution" fuel system for eliminating vapor lock (with electronic pump). Please don't monkey around with the fuel system otherwise you will have huge vapor lock problem. Please post detailed underfloor photographs of the fuel system. Please see Mr.K.K.Vaidya's 118NE thread for full details. Don't go beyond 155/80R13, steering will become sluggish, caster is not suitable for wider tire and also it does not have power steering.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram Sir,
Thanks for sharing your rxpert thoughts on my 118 NE. I dont intend to upgrade the tyres till im comfortable with the drives and until i understand everything about this car.
I will be careful with the vapour lock problem.
Old 14th August 2013, 09:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: Premier 118 NE - Grey Goose - Restored Pics on Page 2

Added Rally Fog lights on front bumper and chrome fender mirrors..grey goose has a nw look !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Premier 118 NE - Grey Goose -  Restored Pics on Page 2-17.jpg  

Premier 118 NE - Grey Goose -  Restored Pics on Page 2-18.jpg  

Premier 118 NE - Grey Goose -  Restored Pics on Page 2-19.jpg  

Premier 118 NE - Grey Goose -  Restored Pics on Page 2-20.jpg  

Old 25th November 2013, 19:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Please don't monkey around with the fuel system otherwise you will have huge vapor lock problem.
Behrambhai : He already has the vapour lock problem solved as proved by the exhaust on the left (as you noticed). Then would still installing a Hitachi mess-up the whole affair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
2) Sir, you will have to find a Hitachi manifold and the carburetor. Again finding gaskets and regular service parts for Hitachi carbs is a pain. Also it would need a vapor separator connection as explained by Mr. Behram Dhabar in the Premier 118NE thread. Is the fuel pump in your car mechanical or electrical?
Ilango: I agree that repair kits for Hitachi has become rare but there is nothing like it. I have had a Mikuni for 2 years as the original Hitachi was messed up in those days (I'm talking about the 90s). The reason for the Hitachi getting messed up is because my mechanic used to work on the carb whenever it stalled. He must have opened it 50 times (if not less). Now i curse him for not understanding a vapour-lock problem & PAL for not making a product recall.
I was lucky to souce a brand new Hitachi here & replaced the Mikuni. Believe me - the Hitachi is Fabulous.

Quote:
2)Im going for a Hitachi Carburetor, which is the OEM fitment for a 118 NE.
What is the year of manufacture of your 'Grey Goose'?
The fog lamps look nice but the seats inside look to much beefed up. Please re-check as i feel they are over padded. You must be having the original seat covers beneath. Remove this extra cladding & the comfort will be double.
For the Hitachi, a brand new one is still available here in Ahmedabad. I can source it for you if you like but first let us get a clearance from Behrambhai on the modifications to be done as I believe him in not to monkey-around with the fuel system - its the most sensitive part in a 118NE.
Also pl. source an original PAL logo on the steering wheel. This is el-cheapo

Enjoy-
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:40   #38
BHPian

[quote=hillram;3208053]Wonderfull looking sir, I have another beauty for you, a S1, original body and company paint, 1995 model. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks