Team-BHP - My VW Polo GT TSI 7-Speed DSG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My VW Polo GT TSI 7-Speed DSG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/141991-my-vw-polo-gt-tsi-7-speed-dsg-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 3247066)
Thanks. 9.26 on road. Daily destination is to Vikhroli through all possible routes.

Please throw some light about your starting point. Lastly do tell what mileage do you get on the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 3247066)
Thanks Jaggu. My understanding of the GTs braking system is that it's a kind of electrohydraulic brake system which has a travel sensor and a pressure sensor. The pedal travel sensor also provides electronic feedback to your foot and the feedback is not from the master cylinder as in conventional cars. Of course this needs confirmation from the experts.

I really am not sure, as far as my understanding goes it has normal brakes with ESP and ABS assist systems. I have the same car in my house and i really have not got any issues while using the brake. Infact it has much better braking than my Swift D :)

Congratulations NevGin on your new ride and wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on the car. :)
A few more pics could do this good review more justice.

Congrats NevGin on your new acquisition, and welcome to the 'owned by a black car' club.
Yes - you read that right! :)
Drive safe - I have heard that driving the GT TSI is like an addiction :D

Moderator note: Please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3247272)
I really am not sure, as far as my understanding goes it has normal brakes with ESP and ABS assist systems. I have the same car in my house and i really have not got any issues while using the brake. Infact it has much better braking than my Swift D :)

Will do some more reading on this subject of what brake setup. Let me run in the brake pads a little more and see if they feel better. The braking per say is excellent but the feedback from the pedal feels different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 3247560)
Congrats NevGin on your new acquisition, and welcome to the 'owned by a black car' club.
Yes - you read that right! :)
Drive safe - I have heard that driving the GT TSI is like an addiction :D

Thanks Sid. How is the i10 AT doing? We got our i10s probably at the same time. The person I sold mine to still has her and she is still in top condition. So pleased to see a car you once owned being kept well by the second owner as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddychat (Post 3247404)
Congratulations NevGin on your new ride and wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on the car. :)
A few more pics could do this good review more justice.

Thanks and Will certainly will post some more pics once I'm back in town. Holding a camcorder to click pictures feels very awkward and my Canon point and shoot gave up on me about a month back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 (Post 3247231)
Please throw some light about your starting point. Lastly do tell what mileage do you get on the same.

The city mileage is 12.5 km to the litre. The road used is through BKC to LBS and to Vikhroli.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_skyliner (Post 3247108)
I really want to. Only problem is that I just can't let go my current ride, which is a Polo 1.6. I hope I come out of this dilemma soon :).

And it is bombardier Cseries BD500 aircraft. My team developed it's body to wing fairing tooling. Last week was the test flight and it was successful! Hence the avatar.

clap: brilliant. Your team developed the fairing tooling. It would be great to meet up with you in Pune sometime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 3247770)
clap: brilliant. Your team developed the fairing tooling. It would be great to meet up with you in Pune sometime.

Thanks! Sure, it will be my pleasure. :) I often visit Thane (once a month or so) we can meet there as well. I will have the pleasure of checking out your beast please:
See you sometime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abishek2222 (Post 3247190)
I have a black city. So I can understand when you say it will be difficult to maintain. Strongly suggest you get some wax or what ever suits you meguiars tech wax paste or what ever catches your fancy. Do keep it waxed instead of starting to do it after 6 months or a year by which the swirl marks are already painfully evident. Be careful black is the color that shows dirt so quickly once you have cleaned it that your tempted to wipe it again which is going to cause swirl marks slowly.

Waxed on Day1 at 3 M and followup on day 7 and day 14 that was personally done by me. I am trying to build the layers or rather keep them on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 3247755)
Thanks Sid. How is the i10 AT doing? We got our i10s probably at the same time. The person I sold mine to still has her and she is still in top condition. So pleased to see a car you once owned being kept well by the second owner as well.

It's ambling along - nothing to complain about except a few squeaks here n there. The car is so easy to drive and so perfectly suited to my needs, that I just don't feel like replacing it. If only I could do something about the bumpy ride on broken roads!

Is there any chance that the dsg would be discontinued? I love the car. Taking another td this weekend. Since I wouldn't be using this car for like 4 months or so from January I thought it would be better to delay any prospective purchase till next may. But afraid I might lose out on a gem of a car if they discontinue the dsg!!
On the other hand would there be a dsg variant in the proposed 1.5 tsi to be launched next may?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 (Post 3249229)
On the other hand would there be a dsg variant in the proposed 1.5 tsi to be launched next may?

I don't think there is any 1.5 TSI. Its the 1.5 TDI and will in most probability launch only with a manual box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpudhi (Post 3249382)

I don't think there is any 1.5 TSI. Its the 1.5 TDI and will in most probability launch only with a manual box.

Just read that the polo has a 1.4 tsi dsg variant in europe. Any idea if they are planning to launch that next year??

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 (Post 3250883)
Just read that the polo has a 1.4 tsi dsg variant in europe. Any idea if they are planning to launch that next year??

Not in the near future. VW will be retaining the current 1.2 TSi, 1.2 MPi and 1.2 TDi all through out the life time of Polo MK5. When the new generation MQB based Polo MK6 comes out in Q3-Q4 2015, then it may be possible.

But I think VW will keep 1.4 TSi out of reach of Polo and keep it for maybe Vento, Jetta & Octavia. 1.2 TSi generates enough power to keep the normal car buyer happy. Its just few of us who desire more power and such a small group of people doesn't hold good business for VW.

With 1.2 TSi Polo is quite a powerful car & throw in a remap and you have your beast.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 (Post 3250997)
Not in the near future. VW will be retaining the current 1.2 TSi, 1.2 MPi and 1.2 TDi all through out the life time of Polo MK5. When the new generation MQB based Polo MK6 comes out in Q3-Q4 2015, then it may be possible.

But I think VW will keep 1.4 TSi out of reach of Polo and keep it for maybe Vento, Jetta & Octavia. 1.2 TSi generates enough power to keep the normal car buyer happy. Its just few of us who desire more power and such a small group of people doesn't hold good business for VW.

With 1.2 TSi Polo is quite a powerful car & throw in a remap and you have your beast.:D

Love the car. Just love it like hell. But I have been told there is a minimum 4 month waiting period for the same. And I got plans of relocating to delhi next may which is making me wonder if its worth going forward with the deal...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 (Post 3250883)

I think you're confusing the 1.4 TSI and 1.4 TFSI. The 1.4 TFSI is offered on the Polo GTI abroad and churns about 180ps. TFSI means it has both a turbocharger and supercharger.

The 1.4 TSI seen on the Indian Jetta and incoming Octavia makes about 122ps. This engine is not offered on the Polo 6R.

I doubt either of these engines will make it to the Indian Polo/ Vento. Things probably won't change with the next gen Polo due in 2015 either.

I really wish VW India offers the Golf in India. Even if launched in a single petrol variant with the 1.4 TSI with DSG and loaded with all bells and whistles at about 12 to 14L, it'll sell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshu_j (Post 3251023)
I really wish VW India offers the Golf in India. Even if launched in a single petrol variant with the 1.4 TSI with DSG and loaded with all bells and whistles at about 12 to 14L, it'll sell.

:OT No chance you'll get the VW GOlf for about 12 to 14L. Variant to variant the Golf is generally priced a bit higher than the Skoda Octavia in Europe. We'll soon know at what prices the Octavia is going to launch.

For markets like ours VW has has the Jetta, which is a booted version of the Golf, as hatchbacks never command that kind of pricing in our market.