Team-BHP - My VW Polo GT TSI 7-Speed DSG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My VW Polo GT TSI 7-Speed DSG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/141991-my-vw-polo-gt-tsi-7-speed-dsg-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3251039)

:OT No chance you'll get the VW GOlf for about 12 to 14L. Variant to variant the Golf is generally priced a bit higher than the Skoda Octavia in Europe. We'll soon know at what prices the Octavia is going to launch.

For markets like ours VW has has the Jetta, which is a booted version of the Golf, as hatchbacks never command that kind of pricing in our market.

Look at the A class! It's sold out! Mercedes India as far as I remember had requested the Headquarters for increased allocation. Even the Polo GT TSI has excellent demand. In my opinion the Indian market is maturing and accepting premium hatchbacks.

That said even the prices for the Polo and Octavia in the UK and India are much different. A simple conversion would be inappropriate.

Congrats on the car.. brilliant choice.. It will give u around 15kmpl once the engine breaks in. 9-10kmpl when ur pushing it. 8.5kmpl when ur really pushing it. Have pushed it a lot and am yet to get worse than 8.5kmpl, but I am running Speed97/93Octane fuel.

Electronic braking and NOT EBD as people mentioned does take a bit of getting used to.. I have learnt to cope with it by being gentle.

Hi NevGin!

Congratulations! Wish you a very happy and safe motoring! :thumbs up

By Electronic Breaks, are you referring to "Breaks by Wire; as-in Drive by Wire"?

hey nev,

Congrats on the baby tsi. perfect city car!
hey i have an rcd510 and a bluetooth kit which i bought for my friend but unfortunately he sold his vento . PM me if you are interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshu_j (Post 3251023)
I think you're confusing the 1.4 TSI and 1.4 TFSI. The 1.4 TFSI is offered on the Polo GTI abroad and churns about 180ps. TFSI means it has both a turbocharger and supercharger.

The 1.4 TSI seen on the Indian Jetta and incoming Octavia makes about 122ps. This engine is not offered on the Polo 6R.

I doubt either of these engines will make it to the Indian Polo/ Vento. Things probably won't change with the next gen Polo due in 2015 either.

I really wish VW India offers the Golf in India. Even if launched in a single petrol variant with the 1.4 TSI with DSG and loaded with all bells and whistles at about 12 to 14L, it'll sell.

The Polo Blue GT in Europe has the 1.4TSI + DSG. Brilliant little car. Even the current Polo R Cup cars have the same combo. BUt an India production model.. Not going to happen as this makes the car very expensive.

As the miles keep adding, the engine has loosened considerably forcing me to think why I did not do a tire upgrade. Also I feel the need for stiffer springs. Engine downshifting while braking is intense in certain situations and necessitates that I keep a check on my tail before braking. I wonder how I can change my driving style to adapt to this. Anyone getting a shudder from the gearbox in 1st gear after driving constantly in stop and go traffic? I seem to be ok on this but my brother in laws TSI is reportedly doing so. Any suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 3330630)
As the miles keep adding, the engine has loosened considerably forcing me to think why I did not do a tire upgrade. Also I feel the need for stiffer springs. Engine downshifting while braking is intense in certain situations and necessitates that I keep a check on my tail before braking. I wonder how I can change my driving style to adapt to this. Anyone getting a shudder from the gearbox in 1st gear after driving constantly in stop and go traffic? I seem to be ok on this but my brother in laws TSI is reportedly doing so. Any suggestions?

Its normal. A small price to pay for an automated manual gearbox. The DSGs are terrible at slipping clutch starts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 3330630)

hi,

my GT Tsi is 2 weeks and 1200 kms old. I have been noticing mild tremors when i warm up the engine in the morning, they are intermittent, say 20 - 30 secs apart. But once i drive off they disappear and never felt them on long signal stoppages

Quote:

Originally Posted by inomad (Post 3569990)
hi,

my GT Tsi is 2 weeks and 1200 kms old. I have been noticing mild tremors when i warm up the engine in the morning, they are intermittent, say 20 - 30 secs apart. But once i drive off they disappear and never felt them on long signal stoppages

Always fill fuel from a company owned pump. Seems like incomplete or ineffective combustion of the fuel spray. Drive out this tank to as low as possible and get gas at a company owned outlet. Another question - What are the environmental conditions where you drive when this happens?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 3571811)
Always fill fuel from a company owned pump. Seems like incomplete or ineffective combustion of the fuel spray. Drive out this tank to as low as possible and get gas at a company owned outlet. Another question - What are the environmental conditions where you drive when this happens?

It only happens when I start it up in the morning and am stationary. I'm in mumbai so its neither hot nor cold, but humid yes.

Thanks for the fuel advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by inomad (Post 3572050)
It only happens when I start it up in the morning and am stationary. I'm in mumbai so its neither hot nor cold, but humid yes.

Thanks for the fuel advice

In which case I doubt its anything more than the fuel. Try that and see if it changes anything. If not, when you do go to VW Thane for your intermediate check at 7500 Kms, have them check the timing.

Thanks again. I will run the issue with the technician in the 1st check (which should be real soon )

Quote:

Originally Posted by inomad (Post 3569990)
hi,

I have the same tremors in my GT TSI too. I have been observing this for a very long time now however i cant remember if they were there when the car was brand new. I never thought much about this issue and never bothered to have it checked either. As nevgin pointed out it could be an issue with fuel quality. I always re fuel my GT at the same company outlet by HPCL however i cant get RON 95 fuel in my town and hence i have to settle for POWER by HPCL which is the only premium fuel i can get in my town.