Team-BHP - Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/143298-review-2013-toyota-innova-facelift-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V12Doc (Post 3344591)
The Good Thing
Surprisingly no errors in OBD. Everything Clean and Clear. The clatter turned out to be normal noise from a normal innova that has its engine run in. lol:

The Bad Thing
I cannot idle this poor thing anymore. I cant stand the noise of the car. Idling the car for AC is going to be a pain. Common Toyota, Better NVH for a car costing 17 Lakhs :Frustrati

Even in my Innova (done around 7400kms in 31/2 months) the NVH was really bad for first 1000kms. My son (5 year old) used to compare it to his school van:uncontrol.

Things which I did (at 1000 kms service) which reduced NVH levels really well.

1. Changed air filter to Stock replacement cotton air filter (from BMC - it's lifelong) - change in NVH was instantaneous.

2. Got Spider tuning box (from Redroosterperformance - RRP) installed at the authorised Toyota dealership(don't know if this also contributes in lowering the NVH).

Other things you can try: spend 15-20 k and get proper damping done.

Here is the relevant thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...er-thread.html

I am also planning to get it done soon.

The above two things costed me 38k INR. Apart from reducing NVH you will also get better mileage (1-2 kms/liter) and immense fun to drive car.:thumbs up

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroptimist (Post 3344688)
Even in my Innova (done around 7400kms in 31/2 months) the NVH was really bad for first 1000kms. My son (5 year old) used to compare it to his school van:uncontrol.

Things which I did (at 1000 kms service) which reduced NVH levels really well.

1. Changed air filter to Stock replacement cotton air filter (from BMC - it's lifelong) - change in NVH was instantaneous.

2. Got Spider tuning box (from Redroosterperformance - RRP) installed at the authorised Toyota dealership(don't know if this also contributes in lowering the NVH).

Other things you can try: spend 15-20 k and get proper damping done.

Here is the relevant thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...er-thread.html

I am also planning to get it done soon.

The above two things costed me 38k INR. Apart from reducing NVH you will also get better mileage (1-2 kms/liter) and immense fun to drive car.:thumbs up

Thanks.

I did buy the racedynamics box buy it was defective. Will get s new one soon in the mail. Hopefully soon. Don't think I can get other stuff done. I have been driving my Audi for 2-3 days and been cursing at speeds upwards of 140km/h. Not a single noise other than faint tyre noise. Compared to that fortuner which costs almost the same has a every possible noise and add to that squeaking and rattles from the front right door. Very true that nothing beats a German for an all rounder

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3332836)
No worries mate. So if it is the older models then it is only "V" for me. If it is the facelifted ones then either "GX" or "VX" is fine with me. Now the question is since when (Month-Year) the GX/VX variants were introduced?

Let me clear the confusion :
Gen 1 Innova(2005-2009) had the variants G1,G3,G4,V.
Gen 2 Innova(2009-2011) had the variants E,G,GX,VX.
Gen 3 Innova(2012-2013) had the variants E,G,GX,VX.
Gen 4 Innova(2013-present) has the variants E,G,GX,VX,ZX.

Now the gen 1&2 came with airbags and ABS only in the V variant.
In gen 3 the driver side airbag & ABS was introduced in the GX variant. so if you're looking at gen 1&2 buy the V,VX. If gen 3 then buy the GX or VX.
:)

Got to know recently that one of the dealer in BLR is giving discounts of ~80K for 2013 VX model. Is any one else has similar news/info.

Regards,
Gopi

I am a proud owner of Maroon Innova G3 from the first lot introduced in early 2005. Besides periodic Service apropos Service Manual the only expense has been Change of Stock Bridgestone after 60000.00Km. Among all cars I have owned till date including Fiat, HM, Maruti, SKODA, Tata, Innova has had the lowest TCO. Surely there are many miles to go with this prized possession.

It seems to me that the latest Gen has extremely thin sheet metal, and the new shaped front is as a result of this change. Whichever way that one looks at it, in rear view mirror of a car in front of an Innova or whether it comes at you from the opposite side, it is one ugly sight. IIRC Toyota had done some such adjustment on the radiator intake design in the final iteration of the Qualis, but then that change made it a bling vehicle. Whereas this time around with Innova, they seem to have lost the plot completely or have done it with a view to reducing weight, metal parts and increase profit.

I had been to Nandi Toyota yesterday and got the price-list for the Innova

Other things that I noticed
- The Salesman was pushing the GX model over the G
- They expect a huge down-payment to be made while going in for finance, maybe because the EMI itself for the G model with minimum down-payment is Rs.19,000 for a 7 year loan
- They have a lot of confidence in the product, came across to me as over-confident. The Salesman said that warranty was 1,00,000 kilometres or 1 year whichever came earlier, but quickly added that Innovas are known to run for 6-9 lakh kilometres without any trouble
- Checked the 8 seater GX. The seating is awesome, the first and second row is on rails, the seat backs of all the rows recline. With this its possible to find good seating positions for all passengers in the vehicle. Two things though, I don't know if the middle seat in the G variant moves on rails and yes, the person adjusting the seats can either make it comfortable for everyone of the 8 passengers or make it extremely uncomfortable for all 8 passengers! Its all about how the seats are adjusted

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 3365382)

GX has subtle advantages over G if one can afford.
Important aspects being
- Tachometer
- Rear Wiper - very useful for such a vehicle
- Rear Defogger
- 2nd and 3rd Row AC Vents - although can be offset by aftermarket fitting at very cheap (18k odd), you will not get factory finish and feel
- Speakers (though not the best of the SQ) but do their work nicely
- Driver airbag
- Driver Seat Height Adjustment
- Front Map Lamp and storage for glasses

Quite a few features come out prominently due to comparison of the similar trims we have with us and most of which cannot be retrofit.

Logically GX makes sense over G as a personal vehicle, if it is affordable.

Quote:

The Salesman said that warranty was 1,00,000 kilometres or 1 year whichever came earlier, but quickly added that Innovas are known to run for 6-9 lakh kilometres without any trouble
You must be knowing better, 1L kms/3 yrs standard on all Toyotas, non-extensible too.

Quote:

- Checked the 8 seater GX. The seating is awesome, the first and second row is on rails, the seat backs of all the rows recline. With this its possible to find good seating positions for all passengers in the vehicle. Two things though, I don't know if the middle seat in the G variant moves on rails and yes, the person adjusting the seats can either make it comfortable for everyone of the 8 passengers or make it extremely uncomfortable for all 8 passengers! Its all about how the seats are adjusted
Certainly, they can be used to best advantage as per need, as and when needed, pretty useful and comfortable combinations at that. BUT the 3rd Row doesn't necessarily provide best thigh support compared to 2nd Row, though it is not too bad compared to majority of competition, also depends upon own comfort.

Only E has fixed 2nd Row Seats. G onwards they are on rails.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 3365382)
I had been to Nandi Toyota yesterday and got the price-list for the Innova

Please donot go for the G model,I can guarantee you that you will repent once you buy it.
Two of my friends did the mistake and are still paying for it. They thought they would get the Rear AC fitted aftermarket but no one did. Also you miss out on small things like automatic mirror adjustments and rear wiper and spray.
Also the new Gx has driver side airbag and abs standard.
According to me Gx is the most vfm option in an Innova.
The G offers too less and Vx too little for its price difference.
Just my 2 cents.

Guys,after the excise duty cut it seems the Innova GX variant is just a over lakh difference with Terrano 85 bhp XL Plus.Which should I go for?We are a small family of 5 but everyone loves Innova for its sheer comfort over long drives.Please help me to decide one,Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babsmatter (Post 3375321)
Guys,after the excise duty cut it seems the Innova GX variant is just a over lakh difference with Terrano 85 bhp XL Plus.Which should I go for?We are a small family of 5 but everyone loves Innova for its sheer comfort over long drives.Please help me to decide one,Regards.

Both are very different.

With the Terrano you get terrific looks, better ride quality than the Innova and also peace of mind when off the highway

In the Innova, you get reliability, flexibility in seating and space and excellent resale value

If most of your driving is in the city, then you will enjoy the Terrano more, if you are a highway man, then the Innova is right up your street

Final word, if you are thinking with your head its the Innova, if you are thinking with your heart its the Terrano :uncontrol

@thearun You got it right regarding thinking between the two,by the way what exactly you mean peace of mind with terrano when off the highway?

Guys will be booking Innova in a day or two,would appreciate your Inputs regarding PDI,Regards.

Booked Innova GX variant today and did a PDI with list provided in the forum.Clicked pics regarding the vehicle and the details of engine,chassis number etc.When the insurance form was being filled,I crosschecked the pic I took and noticed that the sales person provided the wrong chassis number so I immediately asked to correct.Guys check every details regarding documentation,they goof up !

Which lowest model of Innova has ABS ?

And what has been the impact of Budget on Innova prices, how much have they come down ?

Im evaluating between Innova, XUV & Duster.