Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 18:31   #16
BHPian

Re: And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT

Congratulations spinks, for your lovely possession! This ownership must be last of the kind for the outgoing Honda City.

I had the NHC Gxi, which was hassle free and as rest of Honda owners say, real peace of mind with amazing mileage compared to size of car. For my car, it was low power (77bhp and not the iVTec one) plus vague power steering which were the downers for me. Gears, I still miss those butter smooth, short throws with the golf ball design handle. Everyone knows it has one of the spacious interiors and sort of Amby rear seat comfort.

Wish you many many miles of driving pleasure.
Safeer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 18:40   #17
BHPian

Congratulations spinks_69 on your new ride. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles!

Thanks for sharing the price break-up. Did you get any cash discounts other than the free insurance. Did they give you the zero-dep policy ?
Old 21st November 2013, 22:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safeer View Post
Congratulations spinks, for your lovely possession! This ownership must be last of the kind for the outgoing Honda City.

I had the NHC Gxi, which was hassle free and as rest of Honda owners say, real peace of mind with amazing mileage compared to size of car. For my car, it was low power (77bhp and not the iVTec one) plus vague power steering which were the downers for me. Gears, I still miss those butter smooth, short throws with the golf ball design handle. Everyone knows it has one of the spacious interiors and sort of Amby rear seat comfort.

Wish you many many miles of driving pleasure.
Thanks a lot Safeer for your wishes. It is really nice to know the real peace of mind feeling from owners like you. In fact on hind sight you are absolutely correct in comparing the rear seat to an Amby. Nothing used to beat the spaciousness of the back seat of the Amby on Indian pot hole roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations spinks_69 on your new ride. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles!

Thanks for sharing the price break-up. Did you get any cash discounts other than the free insurance. Did they give you the zero-dep policy ?
Thanks mate for your wishes. There was no cash discount. The free insurance was given by Honda. I wanted to pay for the Zero-Dep premium but the local Honda dealership said that since the insurance has already been done by Honda it cannot be added separately. The Zero-Dep policy will be applicable from next year at the time of renewal.
Old 22nd November 2013, 18:54   #19
BHPian

Congratulations spinks_69 the City is fantastic to drive. You would love every km that you drive. I have being driving one for past 1.5 year. I would advise you to upgrade to upsized tires for better handling. Also, I would like to know the performance of the Caska Unit, and how much you paid for the same.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congratulations spinks_69 the City is fantastic to drive. You would love every km that you drive. I have being driving one for past 1.5 year. I would advise you to upgrade to upsized tires for better handling. Also, I would like to know the performance of the Caska Unit, and how much you paid for the same.
Thanks for your wishes. Since the car came fitted with Michelin tyres we would like to run it for at least 30000 km before upgrading to 195/60 if I am not mistaken.

The CASKA model no CO-AT-197-SS is a good model (8 inch LCD, 800X480 Digital screen) considering the fact that it covers the features which are not provided by the outgoing City - namely Bluetooth; A2DP; Reverse Camera; Navigation - MMI; ability to use/receive phone calls through the car speakers, supports AUX-In etc. The clarity of the reverse camera is excellent. The cost was around Rs 42000/- and I have kept the original HU provided by Honda as advised by other forum members. The fit is perfect and in fact the 8 inch screen is blue lit and it complements the blue lit dash board dials.

Having said that, there are a few shortcomings - the level of service of CASKA authorized dealer AutoTrendz in India leaves much to be desired. Secondly, I could not upload my phone list - 1664 contacts - Galaxy S2 Android 4.1.2 version. Though the same can be done through the lower Android 4.1.0 version. It appears that they do not have much skills related to software development keeping in mind the speed with which mobile technology is changing nowadays. Barring that small glitch, everything is absolutely fine and it really has a large number of features which are rarely used like EBook reader; photos etc. It is compatible with maximum 8 GB SDCard.

If Honda provides the basics like Bluetooth; Reverse Camera and Navigation in all models in the forthcoming City then there will be no need to go for any other HU.
spinks_69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post

The CASKA model no CO-AT-197-SS is a good model (8 inch LCD, 800X480 Digital screen) considering the fact that it covers the features which are not provided by the outgoing City - namely Bluetooth; A2DP; Reverse Camera; Navigation - MMI; ability to use/receive phone calls through the car speakers, supports AUX-In etc. The clarity of the reverse camera is excellent. The cost was around Rs 42000/- and I have kept the original HU provided by Honda as advised by other forum members. The fit is perfect and in fact the 8 inch screen is blue lit and it complements the blue lit dash board dials.
Hi,

Could you please post the snaps post the night illumination to get an better idea, also, how do you find the audio clarity and quality. I am more keen on that apart from the other snazzy functionality.

thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 00:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Could you please post the snaps post the night illumination to get an better idea, also, how do you find the audio clarity and quality.
thanks
Being a Bose audioholic, any other sound system seems a bit below the par for me. Having said that, the CASKA HU is definitely better if not the same as Honda original HU regarding audio clarity and quality. There is an equalizer option for seven different types - and one can feel the difference. The HU is an OE fit and complements the dashboard. BTW, the phone contacts issue has been resolved satisfactorily by removing all phone contacts from Google and transferring them to the phone memory which in turn transferred them to Caska HU. Such a simple step and it took so long.

A few snapshots taken at night are enclosed for your perusal.
Attached Thumbnails
And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT-20131127-18.51.46.jpg  

And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT-20131127-18.52.29.jpg  

And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT-20131127-23.01.56.jpg  

And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT-20131127-23.13.31.jpg  

And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT-20131127-23.13.37.jpg  

spinks_69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 12:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!! A safe and great choice , wishing you a lot of fun. Great shots of the Caska unit.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 14:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Being a Bose audioholic, any other sound system seems a bit below the par for me. Having said that, the CASKA HU is definitely better if not the same as Honda original HU regarding audio clarity and quality. There is an equalizer option for seven different types - and one can feel the difference. The HU is an OE fit and complements the dashboard. BTW, the phone contacts issue has been resolved satisfactorily by removing all phone contacts from Google and transferring them to the phone memory which in turn transferred them to Caska HU. Such a simple step and it took so long.

Thanks a ton mate!!!

I did enquire about the Caska model with my Honda dealer in mumbai, and he is quoting 65000/- for the same.

I did tell him, one of my friend has already picked up the same model at 42000/- in Bhubaneshwar, to which this guy replies, every state the pricing in different sir....

I am planning to thrash these guys down, could you please upload the invoice copy of the caska unit that the dealer may have provided to you, so that I can take up the matter with the senior most sales team at the dealership.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

PS the display looks cool in the night settings. I am also expecting, that with my 6 speaker setup in V model, the Caska Unit should sound marginally better than the 4 speaker setup in S model.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 16:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton mate!!!

I did enquire about the Caska model with my Honda dealer in mumbai, and he is quoting 65000/- for the same.

PS the display looks cool in the night settings. I am also expecting, that with my 6 speaker setup in V model, the Caska Unit should sound marginally better than the 4 speaker setup in S model.
Hi!! The quotation and the invoice is attached for needful reference. In case if you have any further queries you may get in touch with Mr. Neeraj Banka of AutoTrendz at 09830777004 or at neerajbanka@autotrendzindia.com.

The tweeters in your V model will definitely add to the sound. All the best.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CITY_1.5_SMT.pdf (253.9 KB, 4101 views)
File Type: zip Caska Invoice.zip (419.7 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by noopster : 29th November 2013 at 20:36. Reason: As requested
spinks_69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 12:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, congrats on your purchase. Lovely HU!
I've been thinking of getting same unit for Amaze.
I have one question, the reversing camera was part of the package or you bought it installed separately?
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 12:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Hi, congrats on your purchase. Lovely HU!
I've been thinking of getting same unit for Amaze.
I have one question, the reversing camera was part of the package or you bought it installed separately?
Thanks skyfire for your best wishes.

The reversing camera was part of the package and installed along with Caska HU. It is better to know the rates from the Caska authorized dealers of respective states before approaching Honda showrooms to get a fair idea of the difference in rates.
Old 7th February 2014, 20:23   #28
BHPian

Just had the first two services till date. The City is going from strength to strength and still turns the eyes of the onlookers.

The engine is simply superb and blows away the competition on the highways. Getting a phenomenal 20.8 km per litre on the highways and around 13-14 km per litre in the city.
Attached Thumbnails
And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT-20140203-14.51.04.jpg  

And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT-20140203-14.51.12.jpg  

Last edited by spinks_69 : 7th February 2014 at 20:25.
spinks_69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 18:59   #29
BHPian

Time has come for replacement of stock tyres Michelin XM2 tyres. Appreciate guidance from learned members on whether to stick to Michelin or switch to Bridgestone or Yokohama tyres. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th September 2021, 19:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Time has come for replacement of stock tyres Michelin XM2 tyres. Appreciate guidance from learned members on whether to stick to Michelin or switch to Bridgestone or Yokohama tyres. Thanks in advance.
I just got Continental UC6 185/65 R15 on my S AT . They are quite good in terms of grip (wet and dry), road noise and feedback. But I have yet to complete even 1000kms on them, so it's too early for a definitive verdict.

We have specific threads for Honda City tyre options on the forum, so it might be better to check on those. Yokohama Blu earth is another option I see a lot of members on the forum pick up.

If you have a really low usage with extended periods where you don't drive then I have got the impression (this is an noobs opinion though) that Michelins are not good in that case due to dry rot issues.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks