Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2014, 10:02   #16
BHPian

Re: The story of another H: My pre-owned Hyundai i10 AT Sportz

Congratulations on the new addition and thanks for a comprehensive post. I read this with added interest as I am a current owner of precisely the same car and intending to sell !! Sure I am biased, but my view too is that its a brilliant little car. I've done some 65000 kms in four years including a marathon 8000 kms highway drive which I chronicled in the Travelogues section - it performs brilliantly in the city and reasonably well on the highway too, if we temper expectations to the segment which it belongs to.

The one difference with your experience is that I seem to be getting better mileage - some 12 kmpl in the city and 16 on the highway. Most of my driving is solo , with very little luggage, so the weight factor may be playing into consideration.

The only reason I am changing cars is what you have also noted - missing safety features. With increasing highway driving, and even for the city, the lack of ABS is telling. Airbags exist on the driver's side, which is fine for me as a largely solo driver, but no ABS is a big factor.

If our timings had coincided, maybe we would have done a deal .........

Last edited by Secretariat : 4th May 2014 at 10:05.
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 12:49   #17
BHPian

Re: The story of another H: My pre-owned Hyundai i10 AT Sportz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
The only reason I am changing cars is what you have also noted - missing safety features. With increasing highway driving, and even for the city, the lack of ABS is telling. Airbags exist on the driver's side, which is fine for me as a largely solo driver, but no ABS is a big factor.

If our timings had coincided, maybe we would have done a deal .........
Thanks mate. Its a pleasure to know that even you are using the same variant. Otherwise, finding fellow motor-heads using i10 AT is grim.

Probably the reason for getting lesser average can be attributed to start-stop traffic conditions that I drive in here in Mumbai and secondly clogged air-filter. However, I have just got the servicing done of the car last weekend, where I got the air-filter replaced. Looking forward to some better mileage figures here on.

Just wanted to confirm, do you own Asta AT version or Magna Sportz AT Version, as I remember distinctly, Sportz version doesn't come with even a driver airbag. If it really does, I am glad to know it.

PS- If you are planning to upgrade your drive, and looking for a hatchback, I would strongly recommend i10 Grand. Its a brilliant car to own, has amazing features for the price it comes with, and you would be glad to know, the handling has improved by leaps and bounds. Again, only 1 grouse, the AT version misses on most of the safety features as compared to Asta Option Pack. and sadly the AT Asta version is expensive than the Asta Option pack version which comes with ABS and Airbags.

So, if you are ready to ditch the convenience of AT, then I would strongly recommend i10 Grand. However, if AT is primary then even Honda Brio makes good sense as not only does it have AT, plus it has all the bells and whistles as far as safety aspect in concerned.

If you are looking at a pure fun with AT box and hatchback with loads of power. Eyes closed buy the Polo GT Tsi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks