Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:56   #16
BANNED

Re: Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!

DELHI JAIPUR AJMER PUSHKAR DELHI a round trip of 950Kms of three Nights and Four Days was successfully completed on 166 Horses last week.

LOAD-:Four Adult passangers with boot full luggage, preferred comfort ride so the J.K. Vectra were inflated to 32PSI and Diesel was topped up to the brim.
ROAD-elhi Jaipur highway is a stretch of 250Kms with flyovers under construction Although it is a Toll Road but traffic jams at diversions and Toll Plazas is a common phenomenon.This is NH8 and part of the Golden Quadrilateral, connecting Delhi with Mumbai and is flooded with HTV running amok. Uncouth drivers of overloaded trucks and having little respect for driving dicipline take pride in moving on extreme right of the road and do not budge to give way to fast moving traffic. Surface of the road is pot holed while crossing built up areas and mofussil towns. Road between Jaipur and Ajmer was extremely good and wide. This stretch of 160Km was super smooth and had no diversions or congestion points.
DRIVING EXPERIENCE -: Although I have done this stretch in July this year on my Toyota Innova but trust me with high power under the hood, overtaking was a cake and the Steering wheel was well planted even at speeds of 140Km/hr. Tyre Noise was not significant with four Adult passangers and Boot Full luggage. Engine extremely responsive and remained as silent as petrol.Automatic Transmission was a boon for the left leg and the hand. Enjoyed music throughout on FM/IPOD/Bluetooth Streamimg. Loudness of Music System on Volume at 8 was enough as the cabin acoustics was much better than Innova.Perceptible difference in pickup and stability at speeds over 100Km/hr.
FUEL AVERAGE-: CRUZE clocked 11.8Km/l average on the round trip of 950Km, comprising of Highway Driving, Traffic Jams and in city driving. Air Conditioning was on for 80% of the trip. Refulled at Jaipur during onward and return journey. Ensured Diesel was having Sulphur content of less than 50ppm as specified in the Owners Manual.
PROBLEMS-: No breakdowns or puncture during the trip, but for a snick with a Truck at a traffic diversion leaving my beauty bruised on the rear right door and the panel over the right wheel. Cursed the HTV driver for his callousness but had to reconcile and move forward.Initiated the insurance claim through Metro Chevrolet here in Delhi. Quite impressed with the insurance company "Liberty Videocon". Claim has been approved and shall give the beauty for a make up after Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails
Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-20131214-07.21.31.jpg  

Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-20131214-07.42.49.jpg  

Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-img_20131217_143956.jpg  

Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-20131214-12.32.46.jpg  

Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-20131214-10.41.02.jpg  

Last edited by kapursaket : 23rd December 2013 at 19:07.
kapursaket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 14:21   #17
BANNED

kapursaket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 16:12   #18
BANNED

My 166 Horses have galloped 3500Km in last two months of Highway and within City driving.Musk from Leather upholstery and New Plastics is still not faded. Family preference on Highways has shifted from my Innova to Cruze. Wife and children find it more comfortable, peppy and less noisy. Within the city of Delhi the Shift is From the Fabia to Cruze for obvious reason to avoid painstaking clutch and gearshift of Manual tyranny.Driving Cruze in City and Highways is undoubted pleasure.
Old 29th January 2014, 16:25   #19
BANNED

Sun Roof is Bling and a Boon
Attached Thumbnails
Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-roof-sun.jpg  

kapursaket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 17:42   #20
BANNED

CRUISE CONTROL DEMYSTIFIED
I was new to this contrivance and suffered from a paradigm of right foot on Gas Pedal is a Must to CRUISE, ACCELERATE and RETARD. Got an opportunity to learn and deploy Cruise Control during my recent highway round trip of 1640KM from DELHI-ALLAHABAD-VARANASI-DELHI.
This feature is a boon for Highways and Roads with mediocre traffic with a great reprieve for the otherwise overworked right foot while driving.

Most of the Indian Highways have a Speed Limit of 90Km/hr, pragmatically stating, set the cruise control on 80~90Km/hr depending on volume of traffic and keep using the right foot for short spurts, while releasing the foot will reduce it to the set speed. Moreover slight braking to reduce speed can be recovered through resume feature to the set speed.

Best Part is that CRUISE control maintains the Set Speed on road incline and decline with as much ease.

DO NOT MISS TO SEE MY FEET AT EASE WHILE CRUISING
Attached Thumbnails
Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-img2014022600029.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2014, 12:30   #21
BHPian

With so much power under the hood of this car, its hard for me to put on cruise and drive at 80-90km/hr on highway. In addition to that in MH, you will not get the flexibility of driving with cruise control because of the great drivers we have who still feel its city driving , dont drive in lane, cross you sharply, villages near by they driving on wrong side of highway. The only place i could was on mumbai pune expressway.

Try getting nitros in your tyres, you will get better stability and mileage as you are driving mostly on highway the optimal tyre pressure will help in getting that.
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 13:55   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
With so much power under the hood of this car, its hard for me to put on cruise and drive at 80-90km/hr on highway. In addition to that in MH, you will not get the flexibility of driving with cruise control because of the great drivers we have who still feel its city driving , dont drive in lane, cross you sharply, villages near by they driving on wrong side of highway. The only place i could was on mumbai pune expressway.

Try getting nitros in your tyres, you will get better stability and mileage as you are driving mostly on highway the optimal tyre pressure will help in getting that.
Yes within City it is a challenge using the CRUISE CONTROL owing to automatic reset of settings on braking more than three times. However I am practicing by setting it at 50Km/hr and then reducing and increasing the speed through Cruise Control Switch itself.

Thanks RishiSuri for your Nitro advice for better stability of the vehicle.
Old 28th March 2014, 17:41   #23
BANNED

Awe Inspiring Center Console of Chevy Cruze is a class apart from rivals.
Attached Thumbnails
Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-20140125-12.06.25.jpg  

Old 25th April 2014, 13:38   #24
BANNED

SECOND CHEVY CRUZE HAS ARRIVED IN THE FAMILY
After having enjoyed the ride of a little over 7000KM on my Diamond White Chevy Cruze LTZ VCDI AT, pulled by 166 Horses and having experienced the thrill of Cruise Control and effortless drive of Automatic Transmission, it is the graduated choice for near and dear ones seeking my advice while contemplating on buying a new car.

My dear Nephew brought home refreshed 2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ VCDI AT and demystified the cosmetic changes from previous version. I am taking this as an opportunity to share the apparent changes as follows with some snaps to share-:
  1. Front Grille has Window AC like Horizontal Louvers and replaces the geometrical octagonal openings.
  2. Front head lights have Chrome periphery thus replacing the Smoky Ones.
  3. Fog Lights are now more vertical with chrome beading, replacing Audi like horizontal ones.
  4. Front Bumper has more bold lines replacing the sullenness.
  5. Side indicator lights are now moved to the OVRMS
  6. Feather touch Front Door Handles are now replaced by the Buttons on all four Doors.
  7. Alloy Wheels now have Ten Spokes.
  8. Rear Bumper has a horizontal Grooved line to bring in a break of otherwise broad looks.
  9. Two Side Air Bags find their way in Driver and co passenger seats.
  10. Start and Stop button is now round with a boundary of conspicuous chrome ring.
  11. Aluminium embellishment around the Gear Shift Lever and AC Vents is plain like the Gear Shift Knob, replacing the checkered finish.
  12. 12.AC Vent Close and Open Symbols are now missing.
  13. 13.P R N D indicators of automatic shifting guide are now on a strip thus replacing neatly placed individual circles.
  14. Horn is now Single Tone.

Leaving above observations as food for thought whether the new changes are appealing or appalling.
Old 25th April 2014, 13:44   #25
BANNED

Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-img20140422wa0016.jpg
Not to Miss the Aluminium Embellishment and the Black Strip of P R N D

Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-img20140425wa0003.jpg

Brought home a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ VCDI AT. 166 horses under the hood!-img20140425wa0004.jpg
Old 25th April 2014, 14:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the details. To compensate the extra airbags, Chevy seems to have done some cost cutting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
[b][u]
  1. Front Grille has Window AC like Horizontal Louvers and replaces the geometrical octagonal openings.
    Just a change. Can live with
  2. Front head lights have Chrome periphery thus replacing the Smoky Ones.
    Bad
  3. Fog Lights are now more vertical with chrome beading, replacing Audi like horizontal ones.
    Just a change. Can live with though old is better
  4. Front Bumper has more bold lines replacing the sullenness.
  5. Side indicator lights are now moved to the OVRMS
    Good
  6. Feather touch Front Door Handles are now replaced by the Buttons on all four Doors.
    Bad
  7. Alloy Wheels now have Ten Spokes.
  8. Rear Bumper has a horizontal Grooved line to bring in a break of otherwise broad looks.
  9. Two Side Air Bags find their way in Driver and co passenger seats.
    Very good
  10. Start and Stop button is now round with a boundary of conspicuous chrome ring.
    Should be good
  11. Aluminium embellishment around the Gear Shift Lever and AC Vents is plain like the Gear Shift Knob, replacing the checkered finish.
  12. 12.AC Vent Close and Open Symbols are now missing.
    Bad
  13. 13.P R N D indicators of automatic shifting guide are now on a strip thus replacing neatly placed individual circles.
    Not good. Can live with
  14. Horn is now Single Tone.
    Bad
Leaving above observations as food for thought whether the new changes are appealing or appalling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks