Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2014, 22:26   #16
BHPian

Re: When heart rules over mind - My Hyundai Grand i10

Congrats on the Grand i10, mints21. I really like the way the designers toned down the fluidic design language which looked a bit too overdone IMHO. The car looks nice in the Red shade.
BTW, you own 8 Hyundais? Can you list your cars. I am a bit curious which all cars you own.
Drive safe and enjoy your car
Regards
Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 13:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Congrats on the Grand i10, mints21. I really like the way the designers toned down the fluidic design language which looked a bit too overdone IMHO. The car looks nice in the Red shade.
BTW, you own 8 Hyundais? Can you list your cars. I am a bit curious which all cars you own.
Drive safe and enjoy your car
Regards
Sreehari
Thanks sreehari for the wishes.

People get real shock, when they see me buying only Hyundai cars, and also see them parked at my home. Some fellow Bhpians who are known to me and have visited my house have also expressed surprise.

Here is the list:

It started with Santro xp, Santro GLS, Hyundai i10sportz(Manual), Hyundai i10 A/T, Hyundai i20 Asta (o), Hyundai i20 Magna (Diesel), Grand i10 Asta and Elantra A/T. Out of all the above the Elantra is registered in the name of my brother while all other cars are registered in my name.

Another thing which will interest you is the fact that all cars except two have similar last four registration digits. Example : AB 01 AA XYXY, AB 01 AB XYXY and so on.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 13:02   #18
BHPian

How is your car doing?It looks great in wine red. Much better than the shade of red that the Xcent is going to come with. I am also exchanging my Santro Xing with a Grand i10. I am eagerly counting down the days for my car to arrive (about 2 weeks more) . I have booked a petrol Asta (O). I wasn't willing to compromise on my choice of colour and model, so the dealer had to order it from Chennai.
I won't ask about the drive and ride quality. Since you've had the car a while I have some questions.

1. Now that it's quite hot in Delhi how is the AC coping up, like in the middle of the day?
2. What sort of mileage figures are you getting with AC? I use the AC on medium to full usually. I hope it doesn't go down to single digits
3.Are you happy with the stock audio?

4. I am 5'8, how would you rate driver comfort over long drives? The non adjustable head rest is okay, because of my height.

I have to pay 1.5k, for a essentials kit which includes number plate, foot mats and mud flaps. Are the ones fitted on your car the ones provided by the dealer?
Did you buy any accessories for your car? As part of the deal I am getting free seat covers worth 4.5k, the fabric kind. They are nothing great to look at, very similar to the original upholstery of the seats. I'm wondering whether to pay the difference(1.5k-2k) and go in for full art leather black covers.

I will ask about an arm rest when I visit the dealer next. Is the horn good enough? I might get that changed at the dealer too.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 22:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
How is your car doing?It looks great in wine red. Much better than the shade of red that the Xcent is going to come with. I am also exchanging my Santro Xing with a Grand i10. I am eagerly counting down the days for my car to arrive (about 2 weeks more) . I have booked a petrol Asta (O). I wasn't willing to compromise on my choice of colour and model, so the dealer had to order it from Chennai.
I won't ask about the drive and ride quality. Since you've had the car a while I have some questions.

1. Now that it's quite hot in Delhi how is the AC coping up, like in the middle of the day?
2. What sort of mileage figures are you getting with AC? I use the AC on medium to full usually. I hope it doesn't go down to single digits
3.Are you happy with the stock audio?

4. I am 5'8, how would you rate driver comfort over long drives? The non adjustable head rest is okay, because of my height.

I have to pay 1.5k, for a essentials kit which includes number plate, foot mats and mud flaps. Are the ones fitted on your car the ones provided by the dealer?
Did you buy any accessories for your car? As part of the deal I am getting free seat covers worth 4.5k, the fabric kind. They are nothing great to look at, very similar to the original upholstery of the seats. I'm wondering whether to pay the difference(1.5k-2k) and go in for full art leather black covers.

I will ask about an arm rest when I visit the dealer next. Is the horn good enough? I might get that changed at the dealer too.
Thanks Promit for the wishes. I can assure you that you will never regret buying this car.

Coming to the couple of questions raised by you,

AC: This year the summers have not yet started in Delhi and we had rain last week as well. But my initial observation is that the AC is fine and will serve very well in peak summers. It will not leave me wanting for more and I am certain about it.

Mileage of the car varies between 13-15kms per litre, there is absolutely no question of it going down to single digit. I have an Hyundai i10 sports automatic which gives us a mileage of 12-14kms per litre. I have had many Hyundai cars and the mileage has never dropped. It has remained stable and I do not recall it dropping to single digit with any Hyundai vehicle in the last 13 years.

I am happy with the audio. I am not very fond of music in cars so I never experiment much. Honestly, the company fitted audio is best for me because I don't have to run around here and there for the installation of audio system. This is an area where your choice cannot match with my opinion.
If you are not very particular about sound quality, then the stock audio is sufficient.

Driver comfort for a person of your height is best in the class. No second thought on that.

I got the following things free with the car: number plate, foot mats,mud flaps, body cover, and gear lock.

I bought the seat covers and one set of beige foot mats from elegant.

Stock horns of all Hyundai cars are the same, so I got an additional low pitch horn installed from the authorised service station during the first service for Rs.265/- approx and now they are fine. So don't replace your existing horn just tell them to install one more and it will do the job.

Please update me when you get the delivery of the car and I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for your new car and would love to see the pictures on this thread.
Old 8th April 2014, 16:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Thanks Promit for the wishes. I can assure you that you will never regret buying this car.

Please update me when you get the delivery of the car and I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for your new car and would love to see the pictures on this thread.
Thanks so much. This is very reassuring. It means a lot coming from someone who has had multiple Hyundai's over the year. You seem extremely pleased with your Grand i10. I am really looking forward to my new car. It should be here by the middle of next week.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 16:50   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on the car mate!!! IMO, the Grand i10, is one of the finest looking cars from the Hyundai Stable. Since you mentioned above that you are getting an mileage of 12 to 14 km-pl from i10 AT; I had some questions on this as I have couple of months back picked up a pre-owned i10 AT magna sports model, and to be honest my first Hyundai acquisition

1) I have always got an mileage in the range of minimum 9 km-pl to maximum 11 km-pl, and this I attribute to the 4 speed gear box of the car, is there something differently that you are doing to achieve better mileage in your i10, as on similar runs, on similar roads and on similar traffic conditions, my Honda City, again AT delivers and mileage ranging between 12-13.5 km-pl. (I drive with a very light foot)

2) Approximately how much is the reserve capacity of i10 fuel tank, I remember, in my Estilo it used to be 7 ltr reserve for 32 ltr of tank.

3) Does your i10 feel sluggish off the mark as compared to the manual counterpart.

thanks!!

Congratulations on the car once again and wish you happy miles
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 17:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congratulations on the car mate!!! IMO, the Grand i10, is one of the finest looking cars from the Hyundai Stable. Since you mentioned above that you are getting an mileage of 12 to 14 km-pl from i10 AT; I had some questions on this as I have couple of months back picked up a pre-owned i10 AT magna sports model, and to be honest my first Hyundai acquisition

1) I have always got an mileage in the range of minimum 9 km-pl to maximum 11 km-pl, and this I attribute to the 4 speed gear box of the car, is there something differently that you are doing to achieve better mileage in your i10, as on similar runs, on similar roads and on similar traffic conditions, my Honda City, again AT delivers and mileage ranging between 12-13.5 km-pl. (I drive with a very light foot)

2) Approximately how much is the reserve capacity of i10 fuel tank, I remember, in my Estilo it used to be 7 ltr reserve for 32 ltr of tank.

3) Does your i10 feel sluggish off the mark as compared to the manual counterpart.

thanks!!

Congratulations on the car once again and wish you happy miles
Dear sawnilrules,

Thankyou very much for the wonderful wishes, I am not doing anything different to get somewhat higher mileage. The car has been consistently delivering these numbers ever since I have purchased. I am also planning to write a comprehensive review of the car but some engagements have not allowed me to do so.

The reserve should be 5-7 litres, However, I have not checked that till date. I normally get the tankful when I see the fuel gauge dropping by 75%. Moreover, my car is the second generation i10 automatic and by Gods grace it is serving me well. The car is now three years old and you will see a review on this forum very shortly, which will be followed by my i20 review.

If you compare it with manual then you do feel that sluggishness, but over a period of time you become use to it and then it transforms into your driving habit.

On the mileage part I would suggest get it checked from the Hyundai ASS and be rest assured that the car will not disappoint you. I have been a Hyundai fan over the years and I am very happy. (A small point: I was/am not an employee of Hyundai nor am I associated with the company in any way).

Just thought of sharing these pictures of my Hyundai i10 Sportz A/T with you which I had clicked for the review that I intend to post shortly.

When heart rules over mind - My Hyundai Grand i10-img_1210.jpg

When heart rules over mind - My Hyundai Grand i10-img_1208.jpg
Old 8th April 2014, 18:02   #23
BHPian

A very detailed and great review, wishing you happy miles and smiles with your new Grand i10
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 09:11   #24

Hi mints,

I'm looking to buy Grand i10 AT, and have been contemplating it over Celerio AMT. With Celerio I'll probably get better mileage, but with Grand i10 I get better interiors and overall better car. Please weigh in on this - I'm confused at the moment.
Old 30th August 2015, 23:24   #25
MSC
BHPian

I have got a question for you. Since you have been owner of Hyundai Santro, so you can respond to my query in a better way.
The Santro has got a wonderful 3rd gear to drive around. It has a superb pulling power in 3rd gear. Do you find Grand i10 similar or better or poor in comparison?

Most Viewed