Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2019, 10:08   #451
BHPian

Re: Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home

I am also still hanging in there with a 2016 Jetta. Done 32K kms in the past 2.5 years. Very happy with the car except that I have a non functioning right handside headlight module ( ballast ).Dealership wants 33K for it ,which is ofcourse a laugh. Trying to source is from elsewhere.
Old 17th January 2019, 12:25   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
I am also still hanging in there with a 2016 Jetta. Done 32K kms in the past 2.5 years. Very happy with the car except that I have a non functioning right handside headlight module ( ballast ).Dealership wants 33K for it ,which is ofcourse a laugh. Trying to source is from elsewhere.
Good to see the company. Yours is still quite new. You should hold on to it till at least 1 lac kms. In case yours is a DSG, even better. I am kind of desperate because i have clocked about 40000 kms even after remap and mine is manual and trendline. It lacks all the basic features, that are now offered even in i10. However, the car is built like tank and feels like tank with all the safety kit offered in it. In fact, now I am using Jetta more than my any other car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th January 2019 at 23:07. Reason: Grammar and typos.
Old 17th January 2019, 17:43   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I am a silent member too. Just don't have the mullah yet, and Jetta is an incredibly difficult car to upgrade from.

My current guess is the next gen 3 series Ina couple of years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Nope. You're in good company - I still drive my Jetta. Done around 82K in three years and change, still happy with the car.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
Amazing. Just comment on Jetta owners disappearing think and fast, and some of us 'sleeper members' wake up!

It is an incredibly difficult car to upgrade from...simply because if you cover the badge, most cars don't feel like an upgrade at all.
Old 17th January 2019, 22:06   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Woohhoooo. Cogngratulations!! Waiting for the ownership thread to read one entertaining thread.

Am I now the last man standing?? All Jet members have upgraded, Tanveer, Graaja, Yourself, Chetan_BG. tanveer, please get me also a good deal!! I am finding it very difficult here to get the deal, well maintained car owners ask what i cant afford and the cheaper ones are not well maintained. Waiting waiting and waiting, Just like Indians today waiting to celebrate!!

I’m in it as well, mine’s a Jan 2015, Comfortline Manual (diesel). With around 37K on the odometer.

And yes, an upgrade from the Jetta would be quite an expensive affair!!
Old 31st January 2019, 21:29   #455
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the radio silence from my end, gents. Yes, indeed, the upgrade from a Jetta is not a straightforward affair at all. The inline 6's of this world are not an always affordable proposition, and the Octy VRS, Cooper S, et al isn't for everyone. Compounding the woes is the fact that the 2.0 liter diesels are all the vogue, which you can get on the Jetta for much cheaper. Decisions, decisions.

On some days, I still miss it a lot, the way one might pine for an ex. In fact, a buddy of mine spotted it near the Nashik toll, sticker and all, and he sent me some pics. Really brought back some memories. What a lovely car, had a great run with it.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks