Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 12:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Driven: Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXi Optional (Booked it too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkum13 View Post
The poor sales guy may lose his job if the management were to find out that stunts were performed on the test drive vehicle. I sincerely hope that you at least chose a safe place to pull them off, others were not at risk and adequate safety precautions were observed!
Yes! Would not, under any circumstances, jeopardise either the safety of the world at large, the test car or the salesman's bread and butter

I spun round in an empty parking lot, with seat belts in place, no bystanders and prior intimation of intent to the sales chap.

Driving, as much fun as it might get, should be as much an exercise in responsibility.
thedragonreborn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 16:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonreborn View Post
Yes! ...Driving, as much fun as it might get, should be as much an exercise in responsibility.
Well said. Thanks for all the inputs and prompt replies.
Old 17th April 2014, 09:35   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Anuj Purohit shares the following report:

Quote:
I had a chance to drive the Celerio and would like to share some feedback. I understand that the official review is not yet in, and I would like team-bhp to focus on difference of AMT from typical torque converter tranny. I have not driven DSG and my views may apply to them as well.

1. When brake is pressed, the car stops and engages the clutch. I noticed this by looking at the movement of the clutch cable arm by the AMT Unit.

2. When the brake is released without any throttle input, the car slips the clutch and counters the accelerator.

3. To test the creep mode, I gave Celerio a steep 20-30 degree slope & released the brake just before the inclination. To my surprise, the car ramped up without throttle! The ECU and TCU actually raced the engine and slipped the clutch to get on the slope! It means that the box wont stop automatically in Drive mode. I drive a Scorpio Auto with torque converter. It only climbs till the engine idle RPM can force the car and does not race the engine. This can be dangerous when any electricals fail. What if speedo digital connection gets disconnected and TCU will think car is not moving and increase the throttle!!

4. If parking brake is engaged,then the clutch is engaged but does not get disengaged when parking brake is let off. This seems a bug in the system. However if say you pull up the parking brake and release it, then the car will not crawl; and then if a little tap is provided on service brake, then the car will start crawling.

5. No under-body protection and the gear box electricals are exposed to water splashes.

Overall it was a nice experience and not many people will get into all these scenarios. I just wanted to test the logic to mimic the auto tranny.

Also it would be interesting to see the clutch wear out as the system slips it a lot in bumper to bumper traffic which would add the running expenses.

Thanks,

Anuj P.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 11:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Anuj Purohit shares the following report:
Thanks GTO for this report.It helps us to understand the inner workings of the AMT.Regarding the incline climbing reaction of the Celerio,Anuj was worried about the consequences of the vehicle speed signal going kaput.Did he try pressing the brakes on the incline? If so did the car react by reducing engine rpm? Can any of our celerio owners try this out?
Old 19th April 2014, 19:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

@thedragonreborn: Thanks a lot for that amazing review of the celerio. I was looking for one since some time and this one was very enjoyable with attention to details. I must say that was an interesting journey from Celerio to Ritz to Swift! Enjoy your new car The Swift will definitely bring a smile to your face! The 1.2 liter engine is enjoyable to drive.

Anuj's report too made for interesting reading, regarding the logic of the AMT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks