Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2014, 22:21   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 5.0 is here! My Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe (M/T)

Zohaib,

Congratulations on your latest acquisition! *thumbs up*

It's strange to read your Mustang review after going through your Tesla write-up, you know..

The Mustang needs no introduction, obviously. But you've done a great job in capturing the essence of the car in your little write-up. I'd love to be the one moving your Initial Ownership Report to the Long-Term Ownership section.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:49   #17
BHPian

Awesome awesome car there! That color seems to be have made especially for the Mustang. Looks perfect. Everything is drool worthy- The styling, dash, alloys ,cockpit I could go on and on.
Wishing you many happy miles with her. Enjoy your ride to the fullest.
Old 18th June 2014, 13:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to you on owning the beast. I have driven the V6 extensively over a road trip and have marveled at what Ford has achieved with this car.

It was a good compromise between power and economy. My friend and I drove over 5K miles during a cross country trip last November and I can't tell you how happy we were to drive this car.

Texas probably offers you a wonderful weather to drive your car than any place in the north. Probably should try testing it out in the Austin track some time if it is allowed.

That Engine note and tail light arrangement makes my heart skip a beat every single time.

Wishing you many happy miles with the car.
Old 20th June 2014, 00:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Zohaib,

Congratulations on your latest acquisition! *thumbs up*

It's strange to read your Mustang review after going through your Tesla write-up, you know..
Oh yeah, Tesla is entirely different. LOL. My uncle (who owns the Tesla and bought another one recently) was totally against me buying a gas guzzler V8 for obvious reasons . But the closest thing that comes to Tesla for 1/3rd the price was the Mustang GT! Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Great choice, One of my favorite car's.

How's the music system ? Did you get the Shaker 1000 ?

Also regarding your 2nd gear issue , I'm really shocked Ford have not fixed this issue yet. This was also one of the main reasons why I didn't go for the 5.0 way back in 2011. They are using a Chinese Getrag transmission which caused the infamous gear problems back then, by the looks of it I think they are still sticking on with it.
I didn't get the Shaker 1000 because that would eat up a lot of trunk space. So I just have the standard Shaker system in my car which is still incredibly good and much much better than the stock mustang music system.

About the second gear, yes, it has been an issue that Ford simply does not want to acknowledge. I will see what can be done about it in my first service.
Old 20th June 2014, 16:37   #20
BHPian

WOW!!!

An amazing ride and must say you have bought yourself one of the most awesome roadsters ever. One which every car lover wishes to own. Hope you enjoy many miles and do share your travel experiences with the prancing horse.

Cheers,
Vinay
Old 20th June 2014, 18:01   #21
BHPian

Wow, that looks beautiful.
Those dials are mesmerizing.

Man, what a car.
Congrats and enjoy the car.
Old 10th July 2014, 12:29   #22
Team-BHP Support

Just curious, does it have those running pony projectors beneath the wing mirrors? Like these:

The 5.0 is here! My Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe (M/T)-wls090812fordmustangponylight.jpg

Or is this supposed to be an aftermarket retrofit? Doesn't serve a purpose but looks cool. Especially when you unlock the car in a dark parking lot. Many congrats btw!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th July 2014 at 12:33.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 12:53   #23
BHPian

+10000^10000, congrats, agree with //M...havent read a single word of the report but salivating on these pics.

JEALOUS in font size 48 and all caps.

Last edited by garyag79 : 10th July 2014 at 12:54.
Old 22nd August 2014, 02:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Who did you go with for insurance? I'm trying to close in on a 07/08 GT Convertible and getting some crazy high quotes here in LA.
Old 22nd August 2014, 02:41   #25
BHPian

Thats an awesome buy. I think you hit bang on target with the choice considering the discounts on the current model.

Are you planning to track it anytime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Who did you go with for insurance? I'm trying to close in on a 07/08 GT Convertible and getting some crazy high quotes here in LA.
You are in LA?? I can give you my agents information. Where in LA are you at? May be we can meet up sometime.
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on owning one of the finest beasts from an automobile manufacturer!

Just one question. I understand you had a budget of 30 grand and you wanted sportscar for that money. What were your options?

Drive safe and God speed.
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:31   #27
BHPian

For a while I had a black 2013 Mustang with the Duratec V6 and it was an awesome piece of machinery. I can only imagine how the Coyote would be vrooming. Excellent choice Zohaib, enjoy them miles in style and safety.

At the lights, bring her to a stop and pretend to be analyzing the performance data in the instrumentation, and feel all the gazes on you. Priceless.
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:21   #28
BHPian

Drove this beast as a premium rental .

Was an auto tyranny. Beat up as rentals are this was fun to drive.
Also managed to drive the charger for about a week.

Does the front pounce when you rev it just when you starting off. About 2500-3000.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:18   #29
Team-BHP Support

Wow!!! What a car and what a colour!

I never thought I'd be more impressed by any other Mustang colour than the good old Eleanor grey, but this one is a true beauty! Please do a proper photoshoot the car deserves.
Old 6th September 2014, 09:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Congratulations on owning one of the finest beasts from an automobile manufacturer!

Just one question. I understand you had a budget of 30 grand and you wanted sportscar for that money. What were your options?

Drive safe and God speed.
Thank you! Honestly for 30 grand I had few options like the Subaru BRZ, Camaro/Challenger V6. The BRZ is fun but lacks practicality. Camaro has smaller rear seats and I was only getting a V6 when I could get the Mustang in a V8 configuration. Challenger was too bulky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Drove this beast as a premium rental .

Does the front pounce when you rev it just when you starting off. About 2500-3000.
It very much does Especially with the 3.73 gears I have on mine, the acceleration is tremendously quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
I went with Allstate whom I have had insurance with for past 1 year. The quotes here in the US all depends on your driving record and past insurance history. If you don't have either, then you are looking at very high rates. I pay $1100/6mo for comprehensive and liability, which is not bad at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just curious, does it have those running pony projectors beneath the wing mirrors? Like these:

Or is this supposed to be an aftermarket retrofit? Doesn't serve a purpose but looks cool. Especially when you unlock the car in a dark parking lot. Many congrats btw!
That is an optional Pony light project available on the premium variants.

A proper photoshoot is waiting but I am not able to decide on a nice location. Thinking about doing it in an underground parking in some mall during late night hours Here is a recent one.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5.0 is here! My Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe (M/T)-gt.jpg  

Last edited by theragingbull : 6th September 2014 at 09:44.
theragingbull is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed