Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 23:18   #16
BHPian

Re: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic...in Black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
So finally I got some time to get the car washed and click some photos!
Oh Lord, your car looks amazing!

Thanks for posting snap of the shift lock button on the gear lever.

Also visibly in the exterior snaps you have posted, I don't see any panel gaps which is good.

Last edited by damager21 : 20th July 2014 at 23:21.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 00:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Gloss on your vehicle is awesome, Wishing you many happy miles on the best C-segment sedan.
One question- How is the cooling in hot afternoons, when parked under the sun?? Unfortunately the Demo car's AC was non-functional at the time of my TD, hence the query.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 21st July 2014 at 00:34.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:08   #18
BHPian

Finally, after the first service I have a few additional things to add here.
Remember the reverse parking camera in which the camera was working just fine but sensors were not working? I asked the dealer's accessory shop not to open the wires again and let it be, and instead give me another accessory free of cost worth Rs 5k. The accessory guy was trying to avoid this and kept forcing me to let him try out another sensor. Finally I got the sales guy to convince him and I managed to get door protecting mouldings free. I know they are worth not more than Rs 2k in the free market, but the accessory shop had them listed for Rs 5k.

Also got under body rust protection done worth Rs 4k. Some threads suggest that it isn't necessary but then I had not read them earlier.

After the service, I got a chance to drive the car late in the night on the city streets of Hyderabad - which are up and down all the way. Since it was 1am, there was pretty much no traffic and I did not stop anywhere. The car returned an FE of 18kmpl for a stretch of 18kms!

Today, I took the car out on the highway to test the speed, stability and accceleration since I was trying to avoid flooring the pedal before first service.
I could easily and quickly reach a speed of 120-130kmph which is the limit on the ORR in Hyderabad. I did not feel any of the cross wind destability like last time even though there was significant wind (that I could only feel when I had got down from the car). Somehow I did not feel as confident as the Figo at 130kmph, and this could primarily be because of the electronic steering compared to the hydraulic one in the Figo. It would need me getting used to it.

The acceleration in D+Econ, D, and S modes were pretty decent, with the S mode giving maximum boost at the same time increasing the fuel efficiency by big margin. Did not feel any of the rubber band effect, perhaps because I've got used to how the CVT accelerates? But take it from me, there is no lag in acceleration and 0-100 takes no more than 11 seconds

Overall, the 60km highway (including 10 inside city) trip returned an FE of 17kmpl.

After about 1250kms since purchase, the average FE stands at 12.8kmpl;
1250km includes 1100km in city and 150km on highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Gloss on your vehicle is awesome, Wishing you many happy miles on the best C-segment sedan.
One question- How is the cooling in hot afternoons, when parked under the sun?? Unfortunately the Demo car's AC was non-functional at the time of my TD, hence the query.
Weather in Hyd has been quite good, haven't been able to test this since the outside temperature hasn't gone above 30C in the last 2 months.

Last edited by aditto : 3rd August 2014 at 19:11.
aditto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 00:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
The car returned an FE of 18kmpl for a stretch of 18kms!

I did not feel any of the cross wind destability like last time even though there was significant wind (that I could only feel when I had got down from the car).
Weather in Hyd has been quite good, haven't been able to test this since the outside temperature hasn't gone above 30C in the last 2 months.
Thank you adi.The FE of the CVT is definitely proving to be sweet as mentioned by other owners as well.I suspect if anything changed after the service which could have changed the dynamics to handle cross winds, I somehow feel that on the day when you tested the car , conditions were not similar and hence i think the issue will resurface when the winds are erratic. Regading the AC from the reviews from many owners the City is equipped with the best in class and it was able to deliver good results in places where the summers are extreme. :-)

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 21st October 2014, 12:05   #20
BHPian

Here is an update after the second free service. The CVT has now clocked 5000 kms in just under 4 months, and we are absolutely loving it!

I don't know when the reviews qualify for a long-term ownership review.. but I will try keep this short but exhaustive.

1. I complained about the grinding metallic sound on idling, and they replaced a bearing in the drive belt assembly. The noise is not there as of now, will update if it comes back. Fingers crossed.

2. The engine is as smooth, but I feel things have been tightened up a bit during the second service - the suspension, the acceleration, the doors and other things seem just a bit stiffer. No complaints.

3. After 5k kms, the in-city daytime traffic driving mileage is about 10-11kmpl. The service center engineer said that in city traffic the MT gives about 12kmpl, slightly better than the CVT. On the highway, the mileage is between 16-19kmpl, which is lovely, and slightly better than what an MT would deliver.
This CVT is really meant for long smooth drives for the mileage and stop-and-go traffic drives for the sheer convenience!

So far, I've never had a problem making quick overtakes - neither in the city, nor on the highway. The car never feels under-powered. And I am keeping the D+Econ mode almost always on. Never used the Sports mode, unless while showing it off to people

Remember the door guard molding I had got installed? So last month, an Activa crashed into the car while I was taking a u-turn. Luckily, the molding took the damage and broke a bit. That has been fixed by a tape easily. No scratches, just a small almost invisible dent, which I think can be removed using a vacuum dent remover.
aditto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 14:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
3. After 5k kms, the in-city daytime traffic driving mileage is about 10-11kmpl. The service center engineer said that in city traffic the MT gives about 12kmpl, slightly better than the CVT. On the highway, the mileage is between 16-19kmpl, which is lovely, and slightly better than what an MT would deliver.

Adi,

I have a 2014 Honda City iVtec VMT . I live in Chennai and traffic is insane with the Metrol Rail construction here as well. The Mileage is no where close to 12 kmpl. The maximum mileage I have managed to achieve is 10.2 kmpl, On an average it is around 9.0 - 9.6 kmpl .

Regards,
Amit
Old 16th December 2014, 10:58   #22
BHPian

Hi,
Enjoyed reading your review about your new car. Congratulations.. I am too planning to buy this car. Need your inputs on two things I did not like about this car -
1. Skinny tyres
2. Lousy looking gear stick

-Anand
Old 16th December 2014, 11:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qAnand View Post
Hi,
Enjoyed reading your review about your new car. Congratulations.. I am too planning to buy this car. Need your inputs on two things I did not like about this car -
1. Skinny tyres
2. Lousy looking gear stick

-Anand
Thanks Anand!

1. Yes, the tyres may seem skinny, and may not be the best. But I haven't faced any problems. How long they last will need to be seen. Same brand/make tyres (Goodyear) lasted only 35,000 kms on my Figo - but that was primarily due to driving through very bad patch of 2km of road daily for 6 months.

2. I have no complaints about the gear stick. I hardly use it while in motion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks