Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 11:35   #16
BHPian

Re: The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Congrats on the Tsi Mikon
The Laura Tsi is the perfect used car for the enthusiasts in India, period.
The Laura looks amazing in black and the whole black theme is perfect.
I suggest you add a good spoiler to enhance the looks.
So any other mods planned? Milltek or stage 1?
I need a ride in your Tsi at the next meet.

Asit
Asit, thanks a lot.
Indeed it is a hoot to drive in highways but it is difficult to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Or maybe, i'm not used to it.
I'm searching for a VRs spoiler for long but the showrooms donot have them yet. I guess i will have to source it online.
Stage 1 mods is on hold now as it has becomethe daily drive car(as you know vento is gone now).
You are always welcome to drive it!

Update
Installed the below stuff :
  • Ground zero sub-woofer
  • Pioneer Mono block amp D8601 with wired bass remote and variable bass control.
Old 3rd October 2014, 19:57   #17
BHPian

Hi,

Awesome looking Laura TSI. I picked up a Laura too(Ambiente 2011 TDI CR MT) with almost same 52k on the odo as yours.
The car came with 17 inchers,which had a PCD mismatch because of which I have gone for E class replicas which also share the same 5X112 PCD.
Other mods were new Skoda Logos for the front,rear and also the steering wheel.Used VCDS to activate the DRLs too.
I wanted to upgrade the audio and what you have done is an eye opener.Can you throw some light on how it was done and the costs involved?

Sorry for attaching a pic of my car in your thread.

And yeah I can help you out with VRS spoiler.I am getting one for my car.It will come painted in your car's body colour too.
Tell me if your interested.

Regards,

Vignesh
Attached Thumbnails
The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI-10696390_10204862811235227_9090298523882134930_n.jpg  

Last edited by vigneshram : 3rd October 2014 at 20:13.
vigneshram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 09:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Hi,

Awesome looking Laura TSI. I picked up a Laura too(Ambiente 2011 TDI CR MT) with almost same 52k on the odo as yours.
The car came with 17 inchers,which had a PCD mismatch because of which I have gone for E class replicas which also share the same 5X112 PCD.
Other mods were new Skoda Logos for the front,rear and also the steering wheel.Used VCDS to activate the DRLs too.
I wanted to upgrade the audio and what you have done is an eye opener.Can you throw some light on how it was done and the costs involved?

And yeah I can help you out with VRS spoiler.I am getting one for my car.It will come painted in your car's body colour too.

Regards,

Vignesh
Congratulations on the Laura, looks like its been well maintained by the
previous owner. Please post some interior pics as well.
How much did you pay for the car?
Old 5th October 2014, 22:35   #19
BHPian

Hi!
Was just browsing through and I must say your statement of "if you can park it and not turn around to look at it - you haven't bought the right car " really deserves applause 👏.
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Regards,

Vignesh
Vignesh,
Congratulations on the car!
Laura looks lovely in white

About the 17"
I was thinking of going for them but sticked to 15" and only upgraded the tyres.
  • How is the ride quality?
  • How much did you pay for them?
  • Are you upgrading the shock-absorbers?
About the VRS Spoiler
Yes ofcourse, I'm interested!
Please PM me the details(cost and vendor) so that I can also order.

What audio upgrade you want to go for?
I've only installed a woofer and a mono-block amp.
I might go for component speakers later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hi!
Was just browsing through and I must say your statement of "if you can park it and not turn around to look at it - you haven't bought the right car " really deserves applause ��.
Thanks

During recent Pune-Goa trip, the car performed really well. The FE delivered was 12.xx km/l with frequent tripe digit speed bursts.
During very bad patches of road, the ride felt very hard due to the shock absorbers.
Old 8th October 2014, 22:33   #21
BHPian

Hi mikon,
Will sure share the spoiler details once i get it.I might buy it tomorrow.
With respect to the audio upgrade,how easy was it to add an amp and sub to the stock HU?Did your car have a Skoda Swing player or a Skoda Bolero?Do tell me if any other changes to be done to the wiring to add the amp.

Thanks in advance
Old 9th October 2014, 14:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Hi mikon,
Will sure share the spoiler details once i get it.I might buy it tomorrow.
With respect to the audio upgrade,how easy was it to add an amp and sub to the stock HU?Did your car have a Skoda Swing player or a Skoda Bolero?Do tell me if any other changes to be done to the wiring to add the amp.

Thanks in advance
Sure, Please put up the pics once you intsall it.

The installation was not so difficult.I suppose you can install them at a shop as well. But, you need to be pretty careful while doing the wiring.
I've the standard Skoda Swing player.
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:55   #23
BHPian

Nothing much to update as the car is not doing much of kms now - thanks to addition of another diesel monster.

However everytime i drive the Tsi, it never ceases to please me. The handling and the power is one of the best in its class.
The car is still stock now, I wonder how awesome it would be after a remap!

Some Mobile camera pictures
The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI-laura-1-1.jpg
The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI-laura-2.jpg
mikon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 13:17   #24

Hi, I was looking to buy a secondary car for family and found that Used laura TSI could be in my budget (5-6 lacs Max).
It wont be daily driver but I will use the same for long weekend trips/highway runs.

In my area I have came across 2009 Laura TSi with 75k kms running and price quoted is around 5 lacs.
Another speciman is from 2012 reg. (manufactured 2011) Laura TSI with 19kms on OD and asking price is 9lacs.

I would like to understand
1> I would like to have little bit Idea about fare pricing of Laura TSI
2> Anything That I should check explicitly for Laura TSI apart from detailed service history ?
3> What could be the maintanance the car would need to undergo in coming years ? (Based on running 10k/year)
4> Hows about parts availability and Skoda A.S.S ?

Need experts/owners inputs on the same.
Old 29th January 2016, 11:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragp2006 View Post
Hi, I was looking to buy a secondary car for family and found that Used laura TSI could be in my budget (5-6 lacs Max).
It wont be daily driver but I will use the same for long weekend trips/highway runs.
Nice to see you are considering a Laura TSi.
Its an excellent car, and nowadays its really VFM in used market.

Quote:
In my area I have came across 2009 Laura TSi with 75k kms running and price quoted is around 5 lacs.
Another speciman is from 2012 reg. (manufactured 2011) Laura TSI with 19kms on OD and asking price is 9lacs.
The prices you mentioned are way too high.
Do heavy bargaining for the 2012 one (chuck the 2009). You might close it around 5-6L
At 9L it will take eternity to sell it for the owner.

Quote:
I would like to understand
1> I would like to have little bit Idea about fare pricing of Laura TSI
2009 - Max 4L(excellent condition)
2012- Max 6L(excellent condition)

2> Anything That I should check explicitly for Laura TSI apart from detailed service history ?
Shock absorbers
BMC fault
Error codes (if any) - a full scanning is necessary.

3> What could be the maintanance the car would need to undergo in coming years ? (Based on running 10k/year)

~ INR 15,000 (standard service)

4> Hows about parts availability and Skoda A.S.S ?
Its available, but i would suggest to source outside.
Skoda A.S.S is a rip off.

Need experts/owners inputs on the same.
All the best
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 00:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Nice to see you are considering a Laura TSi.
Its an excellent car, and nowadays its really VFM in used market.
Hey mikon! I was searching for threads of people who might've bought a used Laura TSi and I thought you landed an absolute gem of a car. I am going to go look at a Laura TSi tomorrow which is 2012 car with 14k kms and the asking price is currently at 6.25L which I feel I can probably knockdown a little further.

Do you have any advice regarding any Skoda Laura specific problems I should be looking for when picking up a used Laura? Something that might hint me of something going wrong down the road. Would appreciate any advice really!
Old 19th July 2016, 11:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Hey mikon! I was searching for threads of people who might've bought a used Laura TSi and I thought you landed an absolute gem of a car. I am going to go look at a Laura TSi tomorrow which is 2012 car with 14k kms and the asking price is currently at 6.25L which I feel I can probably knockdown a little further.

Do you have any advice regarding any Skoda Laura specific problems I should be looking for when picking up a used Laura? Something that might hint me of something going wrong down the road. Would appreciate any advice really!
Knock it down more!
You should look at :

Shock absorbers
BMC fault
Error codes (if any) - a full scanning is necessary

I would rather suggest to book an appointment at showroom and do a full check up of the car before buying it.
All the best!
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 14:38   #28
BHPian

Quote:

If the car has done true 14 k km, the tires should have a 2011/12 manufacturing date and spare wheel ideally untouched. That is the easiest tell-tale of a low mileage car.

Other easy give aways - wear on the steering wheel where we grip it. Skoda steerings seem to start showing some wear on the leather around the 30k mark. You should see none. Same for the gear shifter and leather seats. They cannot be crumpled / cracked with such low mileage.

When you drive it, she should pull clean from low revs. 30kmph in 3rd, 40 kmph in 4th, 50kmph in 5 and 60 in 6th should be smooth, hassle free and solid.

No noise from suspension is a good sign and always check for service history. 2012 car should have been in warranty till at least 2014 (2 years) and 2016 if extended. They keep record of vehicle mileage so its easy - just call them up.

Regarding price - this varies based on location. The same car in Delhi costs 2 lacs less compared to Bangalore. Similarly, Mumbai cars are decently priced and Kolkata I found the lowest asking prices. Where is the car located?

I am also assuming you are looking at a manual TSI.

I just picked up a 15k km run Superb (courtesy entirely friends from Team bhp). So I am summing up my observations in a nut shell here. Also I am in process of compiling a detailed review. Will post it once done. Good luck!

Last edited by nitrogary : 21st July 2016 at 14:41. Reason: added comment on cost.
Old 21st July 2016, 15:07   #29
BHPian

I am actually at the service station right now for a checkup. The mileage seems true and the interior are good other than a aftermarket Caska Head unit. No problem with the suspension or gearing. The AC is good too. Although when me and another team bhp member scanned the car using VAGCOM it threw up an engine vault related to emissions. The car is based in Gurgaon and we're talking 6L withstanding the service center gives it a clean bill. Please let me know!
Old 26th August 2016, 23:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I am actually at the service station right now for a checkup. The mileage seems true and the interior are good other than a aftermarket Caska Head unit. No problem with the suspension or gearing. The AC is good too. Although when me and another team bhp member scanned the car using VAGCOM it threw up an engine vault related to emissions. The car is based in Gurgaon and we're talking 6L withstanding the service center gives it a clean bill. Please let me know!
Hey jalajprakash! Any updates? Did you finally get the car? I ask because even I am in the market for this car.

Last edited by SDP : 2nd September 2016 at 23:05. Reason: changing "i" to "I"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks