Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2014, 23:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Duster AWD Test review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Incidentally, FYI the Western world perceives the Yeti as pretty cheap in comparison with say, the Tiguan even! But for us here, it is like a benchmark.
Make no mistake, I own one and love it but frankly it does definitely pale a bit in comparison to the Tiguan.
I consider people like you the lucky ones as you own a car that I'd like to own (among others), I find the Yeti a better 'urban SUV' in that bracket.
I thought the Tiguan is pricier than the Yeti, so of course as you go up the ladder you'd redefine those benchmarks.
Old 29th August 2014, 23:29   #17
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD - Quick test report

Any idea how they improved NVH levels, can we bring those improvements to existing dusters.

I would be the first one run to service center if something is available.
Old 30th August 2014, 07:53   #18
BHPian

I was waiting for a long time for the 4x4 Duster(from the time of its launch). But now I am a bit apprehensive about it. Same lack-lustre interiors for Rs. 15 odd lakhs is not exactly value for money in spite of its Driving Dynamics and other positives.

As someone had rightly pointed out earlier, even other cars in this segment have similar interiors. But that is no justification for Renault to price Duster this way. A person paying Rs. 10 odd Lakhs for 85ps duster gets a similar interior setup as a person who shells out Rs. 15-16 Lakhs (better drive-train and 4x4 setup aside)

Hope Mahindra brings out their New Scorpio soon.
Old 30th August 2014, 16:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Dacia Duster internationally had really cheap interiors:

Notice that for cost cutting they didn't have power window switches on the doors but on the centre console.
And we got paid back in the form of A/C recirculation button & A/C knobs. So much for Indianizing it. I like the looks of the interiors of the model (pic posted by you). For a start, it is black & plastics appear hard wearing, cheap yes, but not shiny, brittle...prefer it over what is sold here.
Old 31st August 2014, 21:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Will the RXL AWD have ABS & Airbags?
Old 1st September 2014, 11:34   #21

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Will the RXL AWD have ABS & Airbags?
Yes, the RxL model has just one,the drive side Airbag, while the RxZ has both the driver side and the pillion side airbags.
ABS is a standard package anyways considering AWD, it also comes with ESP which is not available in the current ongoing duster model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Thank you for the quick bytes.
Any idea, when is this getting launched ?

Prem.
Prem, I presume Renault India is planning the launch this September, or early October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
ACI review (http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-389839,0.aspx) states that there are 3 modes. Extract from their article -
Now, getting to the real big changes – the addition of all-wheel drive and independent suspension. There are three modes on the AWD selector knob: 2WD, Auto and Lock. 2WD keeps it permanently front-wheel driven, while Auto sends a part of the power to the rear wheels when the system detects the front wheels losing traction. ‘Lock’ keeps the hardware in 4x4 mode up to around 60kph, after which it shifts back into ‘Auto’.

Please clarify
Yes as seen from the pictures, there are 3 modes,where you can switch the knob to Lock mode.Sorry I failed to mention it.And the ideal way to drive this vehicle is holding on to AWD mode.

Last edited by noopster : 1st September 2014 at 12:27.
nikhilmadgavkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 20:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Do wait for the AWD duster! If you read all the reviews the dashboard plastics are now soft touch material. The whole instrument cluster and MID is redesigned and not like the Logan.

They have done some improvements to the interiors. May not be day and night difference but will be noticeable.
See some how I have this feeling I will not be convinced by Renault's effort, it will be more of a nip and a tuck, I'd prefer a complete sea change, something akin to Fiat's update, agreed none in the competition has a quality dash, but Duster is considered by the usual car buying public and they are not really pleased when they spend 15 large ones for a 5L interior, look at the refreshed Linea/Punto, the whole interior atmosphere has changed cos of the dash, its another story that Fiat went ahead with that glitzy exterior update, but still this version is better one of the two.
Old 25th September 2014, 17:02   #23
BHPian

I went to GEN motors for a Quick Dekho at the AWD model and took a small test drive as well.

My observation regarding the looks and Interiors:

1. Looks Attractive and very Similar to refreshed Adventure Pack
2. Door Handles should have been body colored and look Arrrggh!
3. The Alloy looks great

Duster was always a great looking SUV and From Adventure onwards
looks have been further accentuated with these upgrades and I am being brief here

More Work has been done on Interiors and many things now look better as compared with earlier model.

1. Three pod Instrument cluster looks nice and has feature like Gear change indicator.
2. AWD comes with steering mounted controls. I thought steering wheels should have been chunkier with least Leather cover. Though steering is very light to use but for a 15 lacs Car big let down
3. No climate control even at this price
4. Overall plastic shows mark improvement and Black color suits them
fine.
5. Center Console gets same MediaNAV as available in Adventure. (Adventure does not comes with Height Adjustable seats )

This is the best Interior package from Duster and If we consider from VFM point of View not bad but seriously Wait for 6 months and I would not be shocked to see Leather seats, climate control etc

Coming to the drive, You will immediately love the super light clutch and great low end response from this mill, I distinctly remember the TD I took some 9 months ago and this seems to be another beast altogether in terms of smoothness and low end response.

It picks up fast and effortlessly and light steering only makes it much more fun to drive Now I am no expert but its this factor which I think is so additive about Duster add the best in class ride Quality and even better Suspension package suddenly those ugly door handle or climate control becomes a distant memory.

It was only a short drive but was so much fun I wonder whether I will find the same level of refinement in the Adventure model and the low end grunt because I am frankly not looking for AWD.

Last edited by fight_club : 25th September 2014 at 17:04.
fight_club is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 16:11   #24
BHPian

Took a couple of test drives with Trident Renault in Bangalore.
The performance of the engine is unquestionable. It is super slick. Here are my observations.

The good:
- Excellent driving and handling performance.
- Light steering and super light clutch makes it more fun while going easy on you.
- Potholes and speed breakers are dismissed with aplomb.
- The AUTO mode works really well distributing power between the wheels when I did some reasonable off roading on a construction site (you know how they are).
- Looks muscular but drives like a sedan.
- Seems super practical for the everyday commuter and the frequent long distance traveler.
- 410lt standard boot space and more than 1000lt when rear seats are folded is good.

The omissions - Those picky things which you would expect in a premium car:
- Interior plastics are improved but could have been better considering the premium price one pays.
- No sun glass holder
- No tweeters just the standard four speakers.
- Mirror adjustment and central lock placed oddly.

Overall an excellent and practical SUV for the Indian scene.
nvikram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 11:57   #25
BHPian

Excellent review of the AWD. Don't know how I missed this thread.

The RxL fits my requirement. But Renault has just one service center in North Kerala i.e in Kozhikode.

I will ask them to get a vehicle for test drive.

Guys one more thing, any know issues or niggles with the Duster?
Old 13th October 2014, 10:56   #26
BHPian

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Duster AWD report has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Excellent review of the AWD. Don't know how I missed this thread.

The RxL fits my requirement. But Renault has just one service center in North Kerala i.e in Kozhikode.

I will ask them to get a vehicle for test drive.

Guys one more thing, any know issues or niggles with the Duster?
Appaerntly Renault is ramping up their service network to 175 across India by this year end. hopefully North Kerala is on that list as well.
One of the major issues reported by users of the previous Duster versions were its hard clutch which is now replaced with a lighter and softer clutch making changing gears quick and easy.

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2014 at 18:31. Reason: Linking to our review :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks