Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 10:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: frankmehtaŽ acquires a Locomotive: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Automatic. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Hi Frank, just as you said, the Cruze brings a grin to your face each time you tap the accelerator 9.5 kmpl is bit less than what I get (11 kmpl), but then again, my driving is 30% on a state highway and 70% on the Mum-Pune expressway. A small issue for me is that the handrest for the driver is too small (when compared with the Corolla). Looking to get the RD box and tyre upgraded by Nov end.

BTW, the other day, left my key in the boot and the car wouldn't detect that the key is inside the car. Had to go home and get the spare key.

You need to change the battery of the key for sure. I was carrying my spare key in a closed compartment of a bag in the boot (when we went out of town), and the car signalled that there was a key in the car and didn't allow me to lock till I removed the key from the boot.
frankmehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 13:33   #47

re: frankmehtaŽ acquires a Locomotive: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Automatic. EDIT: Now sold

Well, I don't own one just yet. But this is actually my favorite car. :'D
Reading such an amazing ownership log made me try to work harder to get one!
Brilliant writing skills you have Frankmehta.

The fact that I actually love this thread is because I could actually feel the zeal in your words man! It is goosebumpious.

Good luck with the machine and drive safe budd!!
Sandm4n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 01:27   #48
BHPian

Congrats on the cruze frankmehta, i just came across your ownership thread. The cruze has been my favorite car for the last few years. A real diesel rocket!

Your brilliant style of writing kept me engrossed through the entire thread. Keep updating the thread. Have fun and enjoy many happy miles!
stormy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 14:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandm4n View Post
Well, I don't own one just yet. But this is actually my favorite car. :'D
Reading such an amazing ownership log made me try to work harder to get one!
Brilliant writing skills you have Frankmehta.

The fact that I actually love this thread is because I could actually feel the zeal in your words man! It is goosebumpious.

Good luck with the machine and drive safe budd!!
Thanks a lot! Hope you end up owning one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Congrats on the cruze frankmehta, i just came across your ownership thread. The cruze has been my favorite car for the last few years. A real diesel rocket!

Your brilliant style of writing kept me engrossed through the entire thread. Keep updating the thread. Have fun and enjoy many happy miles!
Rocket HE is. Yes, I am going to call HIM a 'him.'
Everything about him just proclaims masculinity and power!

Ok, a couple of things that are part of my wishlist after completing 4000 km with her.

1. A DEAD pedal!!!!!! Suddenly, driving long distances makes my left foot ache due to the contortion involved in resting that foot in the foot well without a pedal.
A dead pedal would have resolved that.

2. Lumbar Adjustment in the seats. I would have loved to get some support in the lumbar area.

3. A slightly more clever auto wiper sensor. This guy goes ballistic if there's dust on the glass. Also, at night, it doesn't sense droplets.

4. Some more legroom in the rear, esp. for the central passenger. The centre console that houses the handbrake hits the feet of whoever sits in the centre of the rear seat.

5. Rear visibility poor and difficult to find a decent seating position that allows a view of all angles. This despite having height adjustment in the driver's seat.

6. Projector headlights!!! I would have loved to have factory fitted projectors.

7. Poor fog light performance means I have to switch the headlights on pretty frequently.

8. Rear AC vents for that quick rear seat cooling.

9. A slightly heavier steering and stiffer turn-ins at corners would have made this the perfect driver's car!!!!! As of now, the steering is lazy and sharp turns isn't really fun.

10. Puddle lights and follow-me-home headlights are fun. Esp. with the keyless entry feature of the car.
frankmehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 16:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Went to Chevrolet yesterday. They said my car required the PCV bracket to be filed. Apparently if it's brushing against a rubber hose, it may cause damage to the hose and the bracket itself. He filed it and gave it back to me.
That's the same Engine PCB bracket for which I received the call as stated earlier.

Went for the re-call to Triumph Motors yesterday, they just trimmed a little plastic on the LHS of the engine cover as according to them it sometimes touched with the pipe assembly and led to wear and rupture of pipe.

They also said that there was a campaign going on for certain cruze vehicles under which they surprisingly changed the RHS axle drive shaft costing 22,8xx plus labour FOC.

You can also ask them if your vehicle is also covered under the campaign.
luvtandon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 19:20   #51
BHPian

Mehta Sir,

Though a bit late, but a big loud "Congrats" for the acquisition!!!

It surely lives that locomotive tag to the hilt. GTO's report on his c-class reminded me of him mentioning his C as a locomotive and surely does Cruze falls more or less on those lines.

Your knack of writing is very well coming out from the exhaustive review and makes up for a perfect read before sleep to dream about the cruiser!!

Keep the updates coming!!
Gran_Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 13:06   #52
BHPian

Frank, long time without any update. Hope things are fine with you. Now you might have got an update with power box , pls share for benefit to others.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 13:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Frank, long time without any update. Hope things are fine with you. Now you might have got an update with power box , pls share for benefit to others.
I have been mulling about an update since the last 4 days but I haven't really got the time.
Anyway, here's a report of the last few thousand kms. I have done with her.

Got her at 33 odd thousand kms. and she's now at 41500 km. So I've done about 8500 km with her in the last 3 months. She's had one oil change at 33500 and I just got one done at 41000 km. The earlier oil was Castrol GTX Magnatec Semi Synthetic Diesel and this time it's Castrol Edge Fully synthetic. The difference between the two is like day and night.

The RD Box is doing a supreme job and makes me smile every time I drive her. The box is kept in P2 mode only and every other mode is just made redundant after putting the car into P2.

I am maintaining steady pressure of 32 in the front and the rear and now seem to feel an underlying stiffness in the front. The suspension doesn't require any work but on reaching the magical 40k mark, it always helps to check and replace small consumables, which, if ignored, may cause damage to the other critical parts of the suspension.

The front bumper is broken due to my fault and there's a sound coming from the plastic safety garnish below the bumper. Will get it fixed soon.

The Philips 4000k HID's in the headlights and the 4200k P8 HID's in the fog lights are doing a great job in illuminating the road. I am very happy with this combination.

The Goodyear Assurance tires are sticking to their job well and haven't started making noise or affected the handling yet. They are neutral like they were when I bought them.

Have recently gotten the Fuel Filter, Oil Filter, Air Filter and Cabin filter changed. Also, got the EGR cleaning done. The car is UNBELIEVABLE when it comes to acceleration and 0-140 on the freeway feels like it's a 0-100. It's just effortless.
The engine is a peach and so are the NVH levels inside the cabin. The car doesn't give you a perception of speed.

I am in love. She brings a smile to my face, EVERY single time. I don't have more words to describe her. She's my MOST favourite car among the cars I've owned.
Old 18th April 2015, 13:12   #54
BANNED

Just went through the whole review Frank! Loved it! Me too mulling over a new Elantra or new Cruze and reading this just makes me want the Cruze eyes shut. But the Elantra is cheaper and more comfortable. Tough decision.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 16:33   #55
BHPian

One of my cousins recently sold his LTZ Automatic as the transmission failed for the second time. On first occasion, it was repaired under warranty but this time since the vehicle was out of warranty and the quoted amount was a whopping "~3L", it was decided prudent to sell it off and just curtail further losses. It went in for around ~8L.

He bought Verna Auto though in petrol form as his daily running has dropped considerably.
Old 28th April 2015, 06:34   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, more details please. Why did they fail? What is the official response? First time I am hearing of Cruze auto-box failures. These are the highly reliable 'older generation' torque converters. There is no popular reason or trends which point towards them failing!
Old 23rd May 2015, 01:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Tourer View Post
One of my cousins recently sold his LTZ Automatic as the transmission failed for the second time. On first occasion, it was repaired under warranty but this time since the vehicle was out of warranty and the quoted amount was a whopping "~3L", it was decided prudent to sell it off and just curtail further losses. It went in for around ~8L.

He bought Verna Auto though in petrol form as his daily running has dropped considerably.
Hey could you be more elaborate? I am just curious about transmission failure as I am considering buying a Cruze and use it as a family car. Moreover it sounds astonishing that a failed transmission car sold for 8 Lacs
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Hey could you be more elaborate? I am just curious about transmission failure as I am considering buying a Cruze and use it as a family car. Moreover it sounds astonishing that a failed transmission car sold for 8 Lacs
I just met him some time ago and we had a short conversation. Tell me the specifics you want to know and I will get the info from him. Are you planning to buy a new or a pre-worshiped one?

The residual it fetched seemed a bit odd to me too, but then I didn't probed much on it. Still, I will ask him about it.
Old 31st May 2015, 14:47   #59

Hi Guys,
I am looking to upgrade from a Polo TDI to a used Chevrolet Cruze.
Looked up a lot of dealer sites / online car trade forums and found a couple of manual and automatic options.

The underlying story by most evaluators however is that the cruze automatic has a lot of maintenance issues. (transmission issues)

The plan is to keep this car till 2018 when i ll pick up something ideal.

Could someone quickly tell me if there are any issues with the automatic tranny that I need to be aware of before buying a used Cruze automatic.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th June 2015, 23:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad View Post
Hi Guys,
I am looking to upgrade from a Polo TDI to a used Chevrolet Cruze.
Looked up a lot of dealer sites / online car trade forums and found a couple of manual and automatic options.

The underlying story by most evaluators however is that the cruze automatic has a lot of maintenance issues. (transmission issues)

The plan is to keep this car till 2018 when i ll pick up something ideal.

Could someone quickly tell me if there are any issues with the automatic tranny that I need to be aware of before buying a used Cruze automatic.

Thanks in advance.
There are no issues with Automatic transmissions till you drive them with just a little care. Automatic transmissions do give you the comfort of the gear changing on their own which are programmed to change at a certain speed reached. This does not imply that you take it to racing and for sheer pleasure of the engine rev and turbo boost you keep doing it regularly impacting the transmission and failing it.

I have done that with a car in USA and learnt it bad way. With Cruze i drove for 2 years be it in city or highway and have had no issues with her transmission. The problems i have faced are all listed in my thread you can check that.
RishiSuri is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks