Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2015, 23:10   #16
BHPian

Re: My Dark Horse: Maruti Ertiga ZDi. 9000 kms in 3 months & counting

Congrats and best wishes Caadmara. The color is nice indeed.

A colleague who drives Ertiga has echoed your views on the engine. It seems below par on paper but performs adequately. Suzuki deserves credit for setting the engine perfectly.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 01:17   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Ertiga sir!
One question though,
Can you please elaborate on why you decided against buying the Innova?
I'm very keen on knowing why you went against it.
Thank you!
Dushyanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 14:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushyanth View Post
One question though,
Thank you!
As an owner of both an Eriga ZDI and a 1st gen Innova G, I would also love to hear your thought process.

@Dushyanth, other than the very obvious price differences, these two vehicles are very different beasts as well. Maybe this even merits a thread in itself
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 15:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats on the Ertiga. I like the grey colour for the Ertiga as it does stand out in darker colours.

It is truly a fantastic mile muncher and I hope Maruti gives it the 1.5 diesel as well soon. That would take the game to a whole new level against the Mobilio. I also wish they had an AT option on the petrol- as I would have picked it up then as against the Xcent AT which we purchased. Would have been an ideal choice for us.

PS- I work out of EGL campus as well.
Thank you CrAzY dRiver! Seriously though, the engine specs look puny on paper but I am totally happy with its performance both in the city and especially on the highway. In my opinion it is able to punch beyond its weight as is able to keep up with much bigger engines without too much fuss. Second your views on the AT, unfortunately while the MUV segment has become very popular with private buyers, manufacturers still dole out the step-motherly treatment here.

PS- Which building do you work out of at EGL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
Congratulations bro! LUV is a mighty companion in all sense, specially for buyers upgrading their MSIL hatches. I am too proud owner of Ertiga ZDI from last 1.3 years, but have not churned many miles like you , and yes I upgraded from a Maruti hatch-WagonR.

Thank you Aficionados! Believe me I tried hard to widen my horizon a bit while upgrading (Have 5 Maruti's in immediate family) but no other manufacturer could come close to offering the VFM & peace of mind that comes with a Maruti!

Regarding driver arm rest, there'r many available in the market, but most of them have plastic base/fixture, thus don't lasts long. Mine was broken in a month only. I'm wondering if Ciaz's arm rest can be retrofitted to LUV somehow!
Thanks, will explore this

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Congratulations on the Ertiga. I also upgraded from a Swift VXI to Ertiga ZXI (same color) last June.

Congratulations Diwa

Also I would like to suggest you to get a booster seat for your kid, in the photo if you look the seat belt is over the neck and not the shoulder which is pretty dangerous.
Thank you Sir, will research this a little more as I have got a couple of comments on this now.

PS- Love your Tag line!
Old 16th February 2015, 21:41   #20
BANNED

Hi all
Since most of Ertiga owners are here thought I ask this one here.
My fathers Ertiga ZXi was bought on Dec 2013.
It is parked under his building in an open car park.
Till date it has covered 4000 Km.(I know its low by any standards)
The question is this.
I observed that when the door side windows get fogged up on the outside and it is moved up and down, the external fog does not get wiped. I checked the window glass rubber seals and they look fine and still have rubbery feel and seems to be in contact with the glass.
I think I am missing something. Can some one confirm this.
Old 17th February 2015, 14:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushyanth View Post
One question though,
Thank you!
Thank you for your comments Dushyanth and yes very good question. I in fact came very close to buying the Innova G but the only thing that actually help me back was that the relatively bigger dimension which can be a pain in Bangalore traffic. I have tried to elaborate a bit more below on my though process to Contrapunto's question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
As an owner of both an Eriga ZDI and a 1st gen Innova G, I would also love to hear your thought process.

@Dushyanth, other than the very obvious price differences, these two vehicles are very different beasts as well. Maybe this even merits a thread in itself
Well Contrapunto- Putting it very simply my thought process was completely aligned with my own personal requirements of the car (coping from my post)

1.Fuel efficient Diesel with proven ability to munch miles-

Both do very well here but I personally feel that the Ertiga has a slight advantage when it comes to highway drivability, I cruise for hours on end at 110-120kmph with the engine lazily spinning at 2.5K RPM with enough power on tab for any sudden overtaking moves without down shifting. I have driven my cousins Innova on the same road and I personally feel that the engine gets really rough and noisy post 100Kmph and it does not feel very comfy in the higher rev bands. The Innova though excels in the city and is able to pull neatly from any gear without any lag and here it out- performs the Ertiga.

Fuel Efficiency- Ertiga clearly rules here without a doubt. I cruise along all day at 120kmph and my MID shows- 15.8 to 16 Kmph. My cousin gets between 11-12kmpl on the same road IF he drives the Innova between 90-100Kmph. What he claims is that his FE drops to about 10Kmpl if driven constantly at 120Kmph (his opinion). Most of my mileage is incurred on highways so my choice was clear based on my 1st requirement.

2. Supreme reliability with good safety features (abs, airbags at minimum)

I think both do equally good here again. The Ertiga ZDI along with the Innova G come with dual Airbags, ABS etc. as standard so both are evenly matched here, with Innova probably having a slight edge having a heavier build. You cannot go wrong with a Toyota or a Maruti when it comes to reliability!

For me personally, small town service options was a key requirement and nobody does that better than Maruti. So hence Ertiga nicely fit the bill in this aspect

3. Comfortable cabin for 4 Adults + 1 Big Dog+ flexible space configurations for load carrying

I think the Innova beats the Ertiga hands down here but to be honest the Ertiga does not do too badly either!
I have used my car to transport 300+ kgs of grain with the 3rd bench folded along with 4 adults in the car and he did not even break into a sweat! I have had the 2nd and 3rd bench folded, layed out a foam tarp and have used it as a queen sized bed, Have had 6 Adults + 1 kid travel for 250+ kms at a stretch in comfort. The only crib I have is that Maruti should have provided for a split 3rd bench to offer even more flexibility but apart from that no complaints.

PS- My nieces swear that the Ertiga has a more comfortable 3rd row bench compared to the Innova after having sat in both consecutively for 50+ kms

So even though the Innova might come on top here w.r.t. space, Ertiga nicely meets my expectations.

4. Relative smaller dimensions for city use during peak hour traffic

Ertiga wins hand down here, no contest. I have a colleague who owns an Innova and we often take out both "vans" when we need to do a team lunch. He invariably has a horrendous time finding parking where as I am able to squeeze it in slots meant for hatches, so in the city the Ertiga rules

5. Budget up to 12.5L

The Innova (G) on road in Bangalore costs a whopping 15+ BIG ones, I got the Ertiga ZDI on road for 10.48L. Incidentally my colleague who owns the Innova got his (V) in 2009-2010 for 12L I believe. The (V) is now priced at 18L+ on road in Bangalore, just insane! Talk about Brand power matched with reliability + resale.

Anyway I digress, based on the above factors I decided on the Ertiga with no regrets in hindsight (touch wood)
Caadmara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 17:49   #22
BHPian

Seems to me that you have indeed found a Perfect Match!
Good luck and happy Motoring!

Well, the Innova really has a huge fan following in my Family and even we were close on owning one two years ago since we do a lot of long distance runs on the highways.
It really had ticked all the boxes for my family's requirements. But, when it all came down to the price that was almost like a deal breaker!
The Innova does come with some -ves, there's no doubt about that. but, there were other cars which were doing the things that the Innova didn't do well.
Don't mistake me, it is a really good vehicle though!
At the end of the day you have to ask yourself "Is it really worth that much money?"
Even today if we are tailgating any Innova, my family just can't stop admiring it!
Old 18th February 2015, 08:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caadmara View Post
Anyway I digress, based on the above factors I decided on the Ertiga with no regrets in hindsight (touch wood)
I think you made a good choice. Ertiga a good vehicle- very, very practical and of a manageable size. Wish you many miles of driving. Our Ertiga has just crossed 20,000 Km and is silky smooth if you drive it sensibly.
Old 5th July 2015, 02:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post

I observed that when the door side windows get fogged up on the outside and it is moved up and down, the external fog does not get wiped. I checked the window glass rubber seals and they look fine and still have rubbery feel and seems to be in contact with the glass.
I think I am missing something. Can some one confirm this.
I have the same problem with my ertiga as well; can someone confirm whether its the same case with others as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks