Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 20:05   #46
BHPian

Re: Stepping into luxury: Our new BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes , that's the way most of these guys work , BMW approves change of wipers / filters at service only & not any time in between for all BSI customers so it appears workshops have got used to this , they changed wipers of mine 7 series in less than a Year when it went for first service due to mileage ( costs over Rs 20K) but for non BSI cars they should have asked customer - perhaps you can raise these points when you get feedback mail and they are quite prompt on answers ( via Dealer )
That was my contention when I spoke to the AGM at Navnit. I told him I understand they are running a business but there needs to be some ethic in how they do things. How difficult is it to break things down to 3 categories

1. Essential
2. Upon inspection
3. Value added

I believe most car companies follow that routine so why can't they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
You are right, the normal recommendation to change the filters is around a year and you didn't seem to have run-in so much in the 7 months period either.

But, giving the advantage to them. Lets assume they changed it hoping you would not be coming back for the next service for another 12,000 kms or 1 year. And then it could have been too late.
By the looks of it I might not go back to them for service at all. I am seriously considering getting it the regular oil change done at Coimbatore and the brake pads et al at a trusted FNG in coimbatore where our other cars go.
Apart from this I have not got an answer for why there was rust/chemical formation on the exhaust. Do you have the same on your car?
Old 30th November 2015, 23:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Besides I have copies of my BIL's service bills of his 3er which shows about Rs.17000-Rs.19000 for regular oil change service.
If you have not taken BMW RI (repair inclusive which is extended warranty), then you can say a no to what ever you do not want to replace. If you have taken the 5 year warranty and you reject a change of AC/pollen filter and then your compressor or blower fails in 3rd or 4th year, the company can easily reject your claim and say you did not change the filters. Your workshop would have mentioned on the bill "ac filter not changed on customer request". This is how all brands work, you can not decline these essential filters during your service buy you can say a no to alignment, enrichment crap etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
they changed wipers of mine 7 series in less than a Year when it went for first service due to mileage ( costs over Rs 20K) but for non BSI cars they
The wipers cost 20k , why were the wipers replaced? Had you mentioned to them that the wipers are making noise or making streaking marks? The wipers were replaced or only the rubber part (bmw mentions about wiper rubber in their pdf files).
I have taken a 3 year BSI on my 320d, is there a cap on the number a times the wipers can be changed or they can be replaced at every service if they are making marks/noise.
Old 1st December 2015, 00:51   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
why were the wipers replaced?
No idea under BSI , BMW allows replacement of wipers only at time of service , so in they go bad in-between service - you will have to pay for these . There is no limit on number of times you can get these changed as such .
Old 27th December 2015, 23:55   #49
BHPian

The X1 is based on the BMW 1 series platform, and so is different from the 3 series from what I was told.

QUOTE=Sunilrj;3690907]1. in terms of Seating 5 adults both 3 Series as well as the X1 seem to have the same floor area. in fact the Floor mats of the 3 series are interchangeable with those of the X1

2. It is comfortable to seat 5 healthy Adults. not the ones who would need to go in for weight management.

3. the rear seat comfort on the X1 is a bit hard as compared to that of the Q3, Yeti and the like. One is due to the Run Flats and the stiffer suspension.

4. The X1 is cheaper since the Platform was introduced in 2009 and the facelift is due i Guess somewhere around June this year. the 320 updated platform was released in 2012 if i remember well. so probably this is the reason. also the 320 Sportline has a Sport+ Mode and a roller sun blind for the rear window. and yes someone just called me up to point out that the X1 has 'sensatec seats' which are actually synthetic leather and the 320 has natural leather seats and also comes with a Spare wheel. apart from that i haven't found any major differences between the X1 Sportline and 320D sportline variants

you can do a compare yourself with the attached spec sheets anyone game to play spot the difference ?

BMW 3 Series --- > Attachment 1363131

BMW X1 ----- > Attachment 1363132[/quote]
Old 16th August 2016, 13:18   #50
BHPian

The last 10 months have been hectic on the personal front from moving out of bangalore to having a baby. Fortunately the car has not caused any issues so to say. It went in for its regular service at about 23k kms and this time around I got it done in the Coimbatore dealership as I was there at the time. I had a lengthy discussion with the SA and spoke to him about my previous service experience.

He said and did something I did not expect. He took out a sheet of paper which was the car key readout. Like most people are aware the condition based system relies on the data captured by the car key. I was surprised to see the amount of detail the car key captures. This included the status of the air filter and the pollen filter. He very clearly mentioned that in future if I ever had a doubt about what is necessary to be changed and what isn't, All i need to do is ask for this sheet to be shown. So yes all the filters have sensors unlike what i was told by Navnit. Just goes to prove how unfair Navnit is in regards to service costs.

My final bill came upto Rs.21,000 this included brake pad cleaning for both the front and the rear.

I decided to buy myself some peace of my mind and got extended warranty done for the car. The hit taken for it Rs.79,000 for 5Y/2,00,000kms .

The tyres had been giving me a lot of trouble in terms of ride. The last 4000 odd kms had been absolutely terrible and it was all amplified with a pregnant wife onboard. Decided to get them changed but the quote given by the dealer was way too high and they only had conti's which i was not happy with.

Got them changed at a YOKO dealer in Coimbatore for about Rs 24,000 less than what the dealer quoted for the Conti's. The ride now is totally blissful now and the tyre noise is a lot lesser than the Conti's.

The bad things to have happened over the last 10 odd months was that the car got keyed on 1 side completely while parked. The bumper has also been scratched while parked again. I have decided to get them painted at a garage owned by a relative in coimbatore who deals exclusively with high end cars as the dealer quoted an exorbitant price for it.
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks