Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2015, 13:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: From G13B to K12M - My Granite Grey Maruti Ritz ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Congratulations on completing a niggle free year with the Ritzy Sir! Very nice color choice; this is the most beautiful of all the ones currently available IMO.

I have a 5 yr old, 59K kms VXI (ABS) myself; never had any complaints apart from the usual door-pad rattles from time-to-time! Besides being a daily city driver I've also taken it to numerous outstation trips (Blore - Ooty - Coorg etc.) and have always admired it's capability to play both roles with aplomb! Still recall the wide grin I'd on my face during the Ooty and Coorg trips when I'd indulged in a bit of spirited driving on the mountain roads! Despite being a tall boy, the way it held it's line, both while getting into and exiting the corners, in addition to the rev-happy K12 (I am running synthetic oil as well), it really was fun driving on those twisties! Although, the handling can also be attributed to the 185 section tyres I'd switched over to, it indeed has one of the best e-steer (rightly weighted), suspension combo! The 165 section though understeers quite easily, Maruti should really standardize 185 section for all the lower versions. The only thing I sometimes feel lacking is an extra gear only for better cruising ability!

Despite it's odd ball shape (which BTW grew one me), I really feel Maruti didn't do justice in marketing the Ritz; they could've highlighted the positives much better which could've given them even better sales numbers than what they could manage.

Here's wishing you many thousands of niggle free kms with it; please take care of her by way of regular services and she'd just go on and on! Mine still feels as mechanically tight as when it was new, and I can attribute that only to the regular service schedules I adhered to.

All the best!
Thanks Avinash.

185s are a must. I know everyone says swift is superb at handling, however Ritz would not be far behind considering its a tall boy. After all the platform is exactly the same. Anyone I had recommended the Ritz, have been impressed and booked one. Just that a few had to change because the dealers could not deliver even after 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaluJ View Post
Congrats on your new ride and wish you many safe miles ahead
just a question about the alarm sensitivity - are you sure it can't be adjusted?

About the fog lamps your right - its good but can be better. Any idea about fog light upgrades?
Thanks BaluJ.
The manual at least has no information about the sensitivity. Also the service center has no idea as well. For the fogs I am getting H11 bulbs fitted soon. They are 55W while the OEM ones are 35 W. Its just that I am not getting the time for it.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 23rd December 2015 at 13:56.
Old 23rd December 2015, 19:36   #17
BHPian

Hello Altocumulus. Even though I'm a bit late to the party, congratulations for your Ritz buddy. A great City car in size and a good highway Cruiser in the engine department, Ritz is a great all rounder. Combined with that the red dash looks funky and cool. Just have a small enquiry buddy. How does the 15 inch wheels in ZXi feel compared to 14 inch one's in VXi. The 14 inch one's feel a bit weedy and floaty. Have driven my uncle's Ritz and it feels unsafe after 80 kmph. Anyways congrats once again buddy and wishing you loads of happy miles .
Old 6th January 2016, 12:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
How does the 15 inch wheels in ZXi feel compared to 14 inch one's in VXi. The 14 inch one's feel a bit weedy and floaty. Have driven my uncle's Ritz and it feels unsafe after 80 kmph. Anyways congrats once again buddy and wishing you loads of happy miles .

I haven't driven the lower variants but can vouch for the 15 inch tyres of Z variants within legal speeds. Ride is pretty planted and feels stable - also think the rear spoiler helps
BaluJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 14:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Hello Altocumulus. Even though I'm a bit late to the party, congratulations for your Ritz buddy. A great City car in size and a good highway Cruiser in the engine department, Ritz is a great all rounder. Combined with that the red dash looks funky and cool. Just have a small enquiry buddy. How does the 15 inch wheels in ZXi feel compared to 14 inch one's in VXi. The 14 inch one's feel a bit weedy and floaty. Have driven my uncle's Ritz and it feels unsafe after 80 kmph. Anyways congrats once again buddy and wishing you loads of happy miles .
Thanks Aniruthan.

Ritz does not have 15 inches. They are 14 inch alloys itself, however the tyres are 185/70/R14 so the grip levels and handling are much better compared to the 165's in the lower versions. The pre 2012 Ritz may have had 15 inch alloys but I am not sure about it.

I went on 2 trips last month, one for 600 km while the other was 2000 km. The car performed brilliantly. I am even more proud of myself for the buying decision. Even at 150 km/hr (when the Durgapur Expressway permitted) the car was rock steady, no lightness of the steering either and adequately weighted. I know it's dangerous at that speed but I took a short burst to check the stability of the car. I came back very impressed. The Michelins I had shod on her replacing the JKs within the first 200kms may have also contributed to the above.

The 2000km trip was from Kolkata to Darjeeling and car performed equally well in the hills, the handling was spot on, the steering very direct. Point and shoot. The road to Siliguri (NH34) threw loads of challenges and obstacles at her but she came back unscathed, not a single scraping to the underbelly or bottoming out. Also I would like to point out, the Kolkata to Siliguri journey took me 16hrs, while coming back was 12 hours. I didnot have a single back pain, even though I had driven for 7hours constantly without a break.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 6th January 2016 at 14:07.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 10:24   #20
BHPian

Just happened to take out the spare tyre to clean the tyre bin, so thought of weighing it. Ritz Zxi with stock 14inch wheel with 195/65 R14 89H Yokohama Earth1 with 32 PSI pressure. Was astonished at the weight it has to propel forward.From G13B to K12M - My Granite Grey Maruti Ritz ZXi-img_20200621_100339_hdr2.jpg

Last edited by sulivan : 21st June 2020 at 10:26. Reason: Add vehicle detail

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks