Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 09:48   #31
BHPian

re: Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
3 years old? Doesnt really look like! Indeed you have kept the car in the best condition possible, Also love the picture in which the car was dirty, Love white cars when they get dirty for some reason during monsoon.
I actually love the greyish alloys, sort of gunmetal look it gave. I actually spent some time admiring and thinking, can i keep them like this forever? didnt they look bit better than the stock?
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 18:12   #32
BHPian

re: Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!

Update at 56303 Km

4th scheduled service

Sasha went in for her 4th yearly service at 56299 kms on 17 september, 2016. No complaints whatsoever, apart from usual door noise.

Finally, after 4 years i found a real change in their approach to customer. I confirmed the appointment on friday and received the sms confirmation by evening. Also got a call from service adviser on the morning of saturday asking about any help required (pick-up and drop etc). The alternator belt and brake oil is changed in 4th service as per their standard practice. They did the internal foam wash for my fabric seats for free.

The car was kept ready when i went to pick it up. They showed me all the work that was done. They showed the report saying battery worn-out. However, i never experienced it. He quoted 8200 INR for the new battery and not give anything back for the old battery. What a weird policy, VW. He said it will not void any warranty if i buy the battery from outside VW service station. happy for his words and hope he sticks to them.

The invoice for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-capture.jpg  

Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 23:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Update at 56303 Km

4th scheduled service
Nice! Good to see another happy Jetta owner! Just one question, Are you still on stock brake pads? Or was it changed before the 4th service?
Old 20th September 2016, 09:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Nice! Good to see another happy Jetta owner! Just one question, Are you still on stock brake pads? Or was it changed before the 4th service?
Thanks Tanveer. well, surprisingly, sasha is still running on the stock brake pads. They measured the required dimensions on brake pads and discs and were of the opinion that there is still life left and not suggested me to change. Stock pads are still not making any noise so may be 6 more months.

i am kind of itching to get the final 6 months of extended warranty to pass through and then go for the ECU remap. Chetan's jetta will be completing 1 year of remap and things look good at the moment. So confident about the same.
Old 1st December 2016, 13:51   #35
BHPian

60000 km UPDATE

Tyre change

It was a long overdue. The stock good year NCT5 were due since 50000 Km but somehow stretched to get the best out of them on NE-1 drives. It was a no brainer selecting the new tyres based on the jetta user experiences. Yes, michelin P3ST it is.

I searched for the best rates in ahmedabad, surprisingly it ranged from 7700 to 9000 per tyre for 205 55 R16 size. I approached mehta tyres who claimed the lowest price of all and confirmed 2016 manufacturing tyres. Unfortunately only 2 tyres available with him, one of 2014 and other 2015. the second best was Shah Patel tyre company, who has 7 outlets in ahmedabad and quoted 8000 per tyre. He confirmed to get all 4, 2016 manufactured tyres by evening and i finally committed myself to this deal.

Price : 8000 INR per tyre
Total : 32114 INR paid by credit card (1% charge) and 50 INR for old tyre
Manufacturing : 3516, 35th week of 2016, sometime in August 2016.

First impressions:

Osmastic. Jetta never felt this silent for the speeds upto 100 kmph. I have 33 psi N2 in all 4, which gives me best comfort ride. The best part is when you shift to 5th at 100 kmph and then press the pedal, the sound of engine is pure magic. I should have changed earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20161126_183219.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20161126_182237.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20161127_111910.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20161127_110353.jpg  

Mission_PGPX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 16:52   #36
BHPian

VW software update: at 61595 kms

Decision to perform petes remap forced me to perform this, just to make the car clean in VW records and that they don’t perform any software update after the remap is done.
Performance after software update: Unfortunately, I cant write that word in such a highly decorated forum, but you can guess that. As told by many, yes the car drives better in city. If you are one of those relaxed and sedate type, you would not feel the difference for sure. For jetta engine lovers, the mid range and top-end punch is now a distant dream. The engine becomes noisy and will beg you not to push harder and further. The drive which used to feel like gliding on that expressway at triple digit speeds is totally gone. You have to keep the pedal pressed to drive at those speeds, previously I have to control the pedal so it doesn’t go any higher that my sweet spot. That’s the difference. In my experience fuel economy is also compromised, especially for those enthusiast drives.

Petes remapathon:

I knew the guy from petes was coming to Mumbai and hence I kept pushing him to make it to Ahmedabad. Unfortunately, he had some other commitment and hence he proposed to send the ecu to Mumbai instead of cochi. He was visiting on 3rd jan and he confirmed the bad news of not coming to Ahmedabad on Friday. So I went for VW software update on 31 dec, 2016, the last day of the year, considering new year will bring happiness. It was Monday morning that I learned that one of my colleague is going to Mumbai and thought about handing over the ECU to him. But office is in Baroda and car is in Ahmedabad. Then I thought why can’t I fly by myself, (interesting, see how things turn up), take all the 3 ECUs and get the job done same day. Then I gave that option a serious thought and decided to bunk a few meetings. It will now be an unplanned leave. Then I spoke to tanvir in Mumbai, and he gave my thinking a twist. Why cant I drive down to petes in Mumbai, its just 550 kms, the advantage, I can test the car then and there and incase something arises, we can sort out. By 5 pm I finalized to drive down to Mumbai myself and get this done. My first drive to Mumbai and have no idea about traffic after vapi, but decided to negotiate that when it comes.
I started at 4:20 in morning and reached petes at 12:30, The guy (Vinu) was already there and started working on one of the three ECUs I brought with me. Rishad (The owner of performance unlimited) upon my insistent showed me how it is done for a couple of minutes and I have to admit, it felt like a bypass surgery of your heart (it was for my car’s heart for sure). No vibrations are allowed on table while vinu does the calibration. I have to say it was not just a software update, that I thought it was. I was like you simply cut my OEM map, cope one of the higher tuned cars and paste it in my ECU and job is done. But I was wrong. I was impressed as well.
Finally, mine got done around 6 p.m. and it was time to check if car starts and it works. They fit it back, and turn the ignition and voilaaa. Engine came to life. It was now when I felt a sigh of relief. It was time for a test drive on marine drive. Rishad took the driver seat and I belted myself in passenger seat probably for the first time in my life. He saw an open stretch and pushed it full, wheels spin and engine is revving at 4000 rpm, felt scary but in a nice way.

POST REMAP PERFORMANCE:
I had to reach my office in Baroda next day and hence I started from Mumbai at 9 (waited for the traffic to ease). Reached dahisar and crossed the infamous vasai-virar bridge around 10:30 p.m.
I was really tired after 8 hrs drive and then 1.5 hrs in Mumbai traffic, peddar road to dahisar. But trust me I never knew when that 1.5 hrs passed. The drivability is so improved that even in slow moving traffic I didn’t feel stressed out or tiredness. May be because it was the first day.
Followed T-bhp night drive guide and Checked-in to Kings resort and slept. Tomorrow is gonna be a good good day.
Started from Kings resort at 6 a.m. let it worm up for 5-6 kms and then for the first time floored the pedal in 3rd. In a matter of seconds she was 120. Engine is so free revving now and car begs me push harder and harder. Amazing amazing amazing. Now it was time to test my usual driving style and push off from there. So I let her roll at 100 110 for about 1.5 kms and then saw an open stretch and floored the pedal in 6th gear itself, to check the response after remap. Oh boy, there was a push which I can feel and a second of shudder (gearbox or tires vibrate) and then she flies off without any fuss. Similar story for 5th as well but rest four are without any issues. Just one word WOW.
I informed this behaviour to vinu and he says ECU will adjust according to my driving style in about 1000 kms. It’s the gearbox not able to digest the torque and power eventhough mine is manual.

Some pics of the remap-athon
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20170103_041723.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20170103_125205.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20170103_192430.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20170103_210906.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20170104_091444.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20170103_174548.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20170103_135725.jpg  

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 4th January 2017 at 16:54.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 19:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Petes remapathon:
Then I spoke to tanvir in Mumbai, and he gave my thinking a twist. Why cant I drive down to petes in Mumbai, its just 550 kms, the advantage, I can test the car then and there and incase something arises, we can sort out. By 5 pm I finalized to drive down to Mumbai myself and get this done.
Man! I was glad you came down and all went smoothly, Specially after my incident (Lets keep that for later) I was sure it was the best bet for you though.

Quote:
POST REMAP PERFORMANCE:
I had to reach my office in Baroda next day and hence I started from Mumbai at 9 (waited for the traffic to ease). Reached dahisar and crossed the infamous vasai-virar bridge around 10:30 p.m.
I was really tired after 8 hrs drive and then 1.5 hrs in Mumbai traffic, peddar road to dahisar. But trust me I never knew when that 1.5 hrs passed. The drivability is so improved that even in slow moving traffic I didn’t feel stressed out or tiredness. May be because it was the first day.
Followed T-bhp night drive guide and Checked-in to Kings resort and slept. Tomorrow is gonna be a good good day.
Started from Kings resort at 6 a.m. let it worm up for 5-6 kms and then for the first time floored the pedal in 3rd. In a matter of seconds she was 120. Engine is so free revving now and car begs me push harder and harder. Amazing amazing amazing. Now it was time to test my usual driving style and push off from there. So I let her roll at 100 110 for about 1.5 kms and then saw an open stretch and floored the pedal in 6th gear itself, to check the response after remap. Oh boy, there was a push which I can feel and a second of shudder (gearbox or tires vibrate) and then she flies off without any fuss. Similar story for 5th as well but rest four are without any issues. Just one word WOW.
I informed this behaviour to vinu and he says ECU will adjust according to my driving style in about 1000 kms. It’s the gearbox not able to digest the torque and power eventhough mine is manual.
Man, I cant wait to drive mine on the highway, Driving in the city itself was pretty enjoyable, Could probably think of what it would do on the highway, How are you tyres holding up after the remap though? Till what RPM in 2nd gear you are still getting wheelspin? Trying my car post remap when even you were along, ESP light was flickering for me in 2nd gear all the way till 4500 RPM!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 09:39   #38
BHPian

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline: EDIT Pete's Tuned now

Quote:
Man, I cant wait to drive mine on the highway, Driving in the city itself was pretty enjoyable, Could probably think of what it would do on the highway, How are you tyres holding up after the remap though? Till what RPM in 2nd gear you are still getting wheelspin? Trying my car post remap when even you were along, ESP light was flickering for me in 2nd gear all the way till 4500 RPM!
Regarding tyres, I have to say michelin P3STs are handling the additional power really well. There is not a single time that i got wheel spin and ESP light flickered, nowhere till 4000 rpm. Infact rishad himself took the test drive after remap, and man the way he drove, i can't even imagine doing that by myself. Even then no ESP light flicker. The grip is really well. I dont know how much difference Pilot sports can make. But based on my driving style and economics, i am happy with P3STs.

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 5th January 2017 at 09:49.
Old 10th January 2017, 10:08   #39
BHPian

A long drive to work after a week of REMAP:
After a 1200 kms of Remap-athon, i decided to give her some rest and use another car for a week. The getz has gone for suspension work and couldnt return last night and hence it was time today to wake-up the beast. Today was the day after all the dust settles and i can analyze the difference in performance (after remap vs the mental set of 60000 kms pre remap).

I let her warm-up and drove very sedately for first 15-17 kms until we touch the NE1. and then floored the pedal. Yes, today those lights were flashing in second gear all the way till 4500 rpm. The car felt really light and engine was really responsive.

That thing called shudder:
I mentioned this in my first review post remap, in 5th and 6th gear. Today i wanted to see exactly what happens here. So i check the speed, 100 kmph, 6th gear, rpm around 1500 and then i floored the pedal. The car shudders exactly between 1700-1800 rpm and then flies. What i can make out is that the torque delivery is the reason. Entire 380 or 400 NM torque is released at 1750 rpm, which the gearbox or wheels can not handle and takes its own time till 1800 rpm and then starts flying.

Can someone come out with a right reasons for the same? Is this behavior expected or should the president be worried?
Old 7th June 2017, 18:12   #40
BHPian

UPDATE at 71053 kms

The 15000 kms service was due now. I searched for a good non-OE service centre in ahmedabad but couldnt find one which can give confidence. Bosch service near me (secure auto) was using some other fully synthetic oil (woodth or something they mention) and not castrol mangnatic profession. However they confirmed that it is 5W40 but i didnt want to take any chance. Checked 2-3 more shops where premium cars are serviced, but they all use shell helix ultra 5W40 or Mobil.

The breakpad replacement was also due not because of wear but because of its life of over 4 years and 71000 kms. I cant believe that the stock pads can actually last this long. I always wanted OEM pads and the job also done by VW.

Finally called Automark VW and went to drop her for oil, filter, diesel filter and brakepad replacement. I told the SA that its remapped car and i wish to continue running the same post service. He confirmed that nothing changes during the usual scan and resetting of service interval. Somehow i got convinced and took the chance.

Went to collect her back around 6:30 in evening. Engine was already warmed-up. Took her to take a test drive and press the pedal to metal, and it revved all the way to 4000 rpm just the way i wanted. Remap was as it is.

Total bill: 19527

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 7th June 2017 at 18:13.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 09:46   #41
BHPian

Attaching the invoice for service:
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20170603_190653.jpg  

Old 8th June 2017, 14:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That thing called shudder:
I mentioned this in my first review post remap, in 5th and 6th gear. Today i wanted to see exactly what happens here. So i check the speed, 100 kmph, 6th gear, rpm around 1500 and then i floored the pedal. The car shudders exactly between 1700-1800 rpm and then flies.
You are pretty must starting to see the clutch pads getting worn out. The flywheel is fine which you can easily validate based on noise when you try to engage that clutch and during idle.

You are probably at the early stage and petes tune is just helping you see the symptom.. how do i know, i had the same issues but mine is manual jetta. I think you have an AT. Manual cars are still manageable with minimal clutch life that i actually drove from banglore to chennai with basically nothing in the plates. I pumped drove and reached the shed.

I would definitely request for a clutch check up, timing belt check up(age as well KMS done) along with bearings, Clutch master cylinder check up as well.

Shuddering is a sign of clutch and with petes on it, please get it checked and if required changed so you can enjoy the remap.
Old 9th June 2017, 09:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
You are pretty must starting to see the clutch pads getting worn out. The flywheel is fine which you can easily validate based on noise when you try to engage that clutch and during idle.

You are probably at the early stage and petes tune is just helping you see the symptom.. how do i know, i had the same issues but mine is manual jetta. I think you have an AT. Manual cars are still manageable with minimal clutch life that i actually drove from banglore to chennai with basically nothing in the plates. I pumped drove and reached the shed.

I would definitely request for a clutch check up, timing belt check up(age as well KMS done) along with bearings, Clutch master cylinder check up as well.

Shuddering is a sign of clutch and with petes on it, please get it checked and if required changed so you can enjoy the remap.
Hi VW2010,
Thanks for your inputs. Mine is also manual Jetta. The problem was when i was returning from mumbai and it was a birth of remap. But that shuddering is now completely gone. I believe i was lugging the engine in sixth gear and asking it to fly from 1100 rpm. I can now confirm that this is a self learning ecu and adopt to our driving style. Now when i am at 90 kmph and try to push it from there in sixth gear, no shudder, the engine picks up speed slowly till 105 kmph and then flies all the way till 160, 180 200.

I hope the clutch plate is not damaged till now based on my driving style. Most of my drives are highway with 85% time spend in top gear. But will certainly get it checked during next service at 85000 kms.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 13th December 2017, 13:59   #44
BHPian

UPDATE at 74000 kms:

She is running flawlessly and no issues during one service after the remap. It was October and winter was approaching and i usually have to deal the entire NE1 everyday after 6:30. The upgrade of headlights seemed necessary. So i did some research and felt it safe to upgrade to Phillips extra-vision plus (+130%) in H7.

I searched in ahmedabad but couldn't find easily. Then i was in gurgaon for some office work and was staying in country inn, sector-16. Seriously?? the biggest car accessory market, you get almost every part of the car (maruti and hyundai atleast) off the shelf. Made a deal for 8 bulbs at 5000 INR. Totally worth it.

There is definitely more light on the road then the OEM set-up. The light in the pictures seems much more white than it really is.

below pictures before and after in my parking:
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20171003_192734.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20171006_103039.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20171006_103054.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20171006_195010.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20171006_195018.jpg  

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 13th December 2017 at 14:02.
Old 27th March 2018, 18:07   #45
BHPian

Update : Sasha is now Ceramic Coated on 26 Jan, 2018

Lots of discussions, lots of reading and online research on ceramic coating and finally took the plunge to go ahead for once. I am impressed at the results but have to see the performance during coming monsoon. I picked Carz spa in Bopal from my past experience and used their proprietary Crystal Shield X1, Y2 and Z3. The brightness of Candy white has improved because of compounding.
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180126_105512.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180126_191901.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180126_194422.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180126_201118.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180127_184603.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180127_191510.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180127_191519.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180127_191532.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180127_191637.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180127_184656.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180126_202039.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180127_184631.jpg  

Mission_PGPX is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks