Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2017, 11:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

3rd Service update

Its time to post the update of 2yr/20000 km service, which is the third free service. It was a routine service with no major complaints. The usual stuff was done, i.e. oil change, air filter change, AC filter change & tyre rotation. Final bill came out to be Rs 2012. There were 2 minor complaints we reported - squeaking noise from clutch pedal while releasing & a rattle from front passenger seat. Both the noises were removed without requiring a re-visit to the service center.

We did a trip to Pune after the servicing, in which the car performed well. Odo currently stands at around 12800 km.
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Xcent S(O) Petrol. EDIT: 4 year update-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2017, 10:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: My Hyundai Xcent S(O) Petrol. EDIT: 4 year update

FE update

After a long time, calculated tankful to tankful FE. The car returned 14.5 kpl. This includes a Mumbai - Pune round trip and a week of commuting to office in peak hours (around 150 km)with AC on all the time. FE is not that great, but it is not low enough to be a cause for worrying.

Another update is that the car has changed hands. After dad got his WR-V, the Xcent will be with me now The usage will be limited to office trips once in a while, weekend trips & outstation trips if any.

Last edited by AkMar : 3rd July 2017 at 10:18. Reason: Added few more details
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 12:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

re: My Hyundai Xcent S(O) Petrol. EDIT: 4 year update

Its been a long time I updated this review, so I thought the 4th year service is a good time for an update. The car has done 22.8k km as of now. The update is not a completely positive one as the car had multiple failures in the recent past. It is not as reliable as one would expect a Hyundai or Maruti to be. It has never broken down in middle of the road, but still reliability is a concern. Note that this applies to only my car. I am not claiming all Xcents will be the same.

The positives first -

1. It continues to be a pleasure to drive, thanks to the peppy engine with strong mid range. Maruti's K12M still remains my favourite though!
2. Compact dimensions make it very easy to maneuver in city.
3. Space management continues to delight!
4. Decent ride and handling - though not best in class, I find Xcent's ride & handling combination far better than dad's WR-V.
5. Interiors have held up well. Very few rattles have cropped up.

Negatives:
1. AC temperature control knob is crude & has a mind of its own. The proportion of movement of knob is notin sync with actual air temperature. There comes a point at the top (near merging of blue & red lines) where temperature drastically changes. Becomes really difficult to control AC temperature due to this. Honda & Maruti have well defined notches in the knob.
2. Headlights are average.
3. This engine is no match to K12M when it comes to FE. The FE hovers around 10 kmpl in city driving.

Now coming to the failures.
1. Both rear ABS sensors conked off - replaced at Hyundai A.S.S.
2. Uneven idling - had to replace spark plugs
3. Front door latch wouldn't lock with central locking system many times. Had to be replaced
4. AC cooling coil leaked. Had to be replaced

All these failures lightened my wallet by around 20K.

4th year service:

The service was done at Nelly Auto, an FNG run by BHPian Noel. Apart from regular service, AC coil was replaced, driver door latch was changed & front bumper was changed which was torn due to a 2wheeler hit. One of the flip key buttons had broken, so ordered the rubber buttons for around Rs 200 from Amazon. Noel was kind enough to change that as well. Details of service can be seen here (Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)).
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks