Team-BHP - Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/167370-review-hyundai-creta-1st-gen-134.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver (Post 4285429)
Congrats, which colour did you pick?

I have picked up Polar White as my choice.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4285390)
For me it was 2 dealers and ~51 days waiting. I hope I get the car by early next week. Fed up with Hyundai and the way they deal.

True this is my second tryst with Hyundai and the way their dealers behave makes me sort of decide that I'll never own a Hyundai again. I feel that despite their coveted cars and 2nd position in india they work like a 'lala ki dunkaan'.

Totally agree on this. I moved from old Baleno to Creta.
There is a marked difference when compared with MASS when I gave my Creta for first free service.

Maruti ASS makes you feel special even if the car is an ordinary one. At Hyundai ASS, it was like they were doing you a favor by taking in your car. I am not sure if it was because of the free service.

The question I am about to ask may seem like a silly one but I have this problem.

How to make sure that your car key fob is not in range of your car and prevent someone from accessing key less feature of your car in your absence? lol:

Description: My sis lives at 3rd floor of her apartment building and for some reason, even with the key fob at the third floor she is able to unlock her car using keyless feature. How to prevent that?

Any leads are welcome. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002? (Post 4286165)
Maruti ASS makes you feel special even if the car is an ordinary one. At Hyundai ASS, it was like they were doing you a favor by taking in your car. I am not sure if it was because of the free service.

Being a santro owner for the last 15 years and only because of the below average service support from hyundai, i thought about maruti. But i couldn't find the build quality of hyundai in maruti. Even then i was ready to sacrifice it. But a sales person from maruti broke it all. Total arrogance and no compromise on taking outside insurance. When i told him that i will escalate it to maruti, he said he will take it as a special case and will send it for dealership approval :Shockked:. If their attitude is like this, i got a feeling that i will be cheated again. No sales support and interest from maruti added to my decision to drop maruti cars.

Almost at the same time, a hyundai sales person (An customer oriented sales guy in all respects) visited me and changed my mind. Took delivery and my creta went for first service 3 weeks ago. My sales person was there to receive me and co-ordinate. He connected me to the best service advisor and it was a good experience from Hyundai after 10 years. Before time delivery and excellent service. It took me to the service quality of Hyundai 10 years ago.

Not sure, whether it is because of the new car or the after sales support quality from dealer itself. Anyway, hope it lasts for ever and spread to the entire dealerships.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_angry (Post 4286521)
The question I am about to ask may seem like a silly one but I have this problem.

How to make sure that your car key fob is not in range of your car and prevent someone from accessing key less feature of your car in your absence? lol:

Description: My sis lives at 3rd floor of her apartment building and for some reason, even with the key fob at the third floor she is able to unlock her car using keyless feature. How to prevent that?

That is not natural. The normal range for similar keys is around 2 metres only (not sure with Creta). If found consistently repeating, you may take it up with Hyundai. Typically on my Ecosport the system doesn't allow opening if the person with key is on passenger side of the car. Else it will be a huge security issue.

Any word on the Facelift launch? I would have expected HMIL to launch the Creta facelift in time for Diwali to compete with the new launches in the market. Can't find any news of this anywhere!

Please share only a credible source. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_angry (Post 4286521)

Hi there are two things here.

One is locking unlocking range and second is accessing the keyless features range.

Now while we can lock/unlock the vehicle from 100 meters which is a good thing, once locked the door cannot be opened if the keyfob is not within 1-2 meters range and no other keyless facility can be activated. Even if the vehicle is unlocked using unlock facility from long range, without the keyfob 1 meter away the vehicle cannot be started or other functions operated.

So be assured although your sister can unlock and lock from third floor nothing else can be accessed.

Hello Forum! My Dec 2015 Creta CRDi has run 21000 kms. I got my 3rd free service done at Kun Hyundai Hyderabad. Costed me Rs.11139. Jai GST. Things to note:

- The SA allotted to me was a nice man. I insisted that I would wait at the workshop and witness the service. No arguments.

- For engine oil, I wanted something better than the very ordinary and low quality Servo from IOL. Upon enquiring a couple of times, another senior SA told me that they also had Shell. I insisted that they show me the oil before it goes on the job card. They led me to the stock room. I could see both Servo and Shell barrels. The Shell barrel read - Shell Helix Ultra AH 5W-30. This is a fully synthetic oil, specially developed for Hyundai engines. 5.3 Lts @ Rs.984 a liter. Servo comes at some 400 a liter. Will attach pics in the next post.

- The technician took me to the stock room again when the oil was being pumped out of the barrel. I literally saw them pouring the 5.3 lts into the engine.

- Fuel filter, oil filter and air filter were replaced. As always, the AC filter was out of stock. The team tried to convince me that air cleaning the filter was sufficient. I don't agree, at all. With all the smoke and dust on our beautiful roads, my AC filter gets clogged in under 2 months. Bad that the ASSs never take stockkeeping seriously.

- 5 wheel rotation, wheel balancing and alignment were done right under my nose. Fully satisfied. I refused balancing and alignment in the first 2 services.

- Body washing was pathetic. It was around 1.30 pm and the wash supervisor, an arrogant man, was trying to tell me that his team was doing a favor by washing my car during their "lunch time". I complained and my SA apologized and offered a free wash on any day of my choice. I know I will never use it. My regular car wash guy does a good job.

That's all I had to share.

Regards
Suresh R

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsuresh (Post 4287981)
Hello Forum! My Dec 2015 Creta CRDi has run 21000 kms. I got my 3rd free service done at Kun Hyundai Hyderabad. Costed me Rs.11139. Jai GST.

If you don't mind, can you please post the bill?

Isn't 11.1K bit on the higher side for a 20K service?

Quote:

Hello Forum! My Dec 2015 Creta CRDi has run 21000 kms. I got my 3rd free service done at Kun Hyundai Hyderabad. Costed me Rs.11139. Jai GST. Things to note:

Did you do anything extra apart from the regular service? Seems a bit high. Mine came around 5.5k. Details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4120166

Quote:

- For engine oil, I wanted something better than the very ordinary and low quality Servo from IOL. Upon enquiring a couple of times, another senior SA told me that they also had Shell. I insisted that they show me the oil before it goes on the job card. They led me to the stock room. I could see both Servo and Shell barrels. The Shell barrel read - Shell Helix Ultra AH 5W-30. This is a fully synthetic oil, specially developed for Hyundai engines. 5.3 Lts @ Rs.984 a liter. Servo comes at some 400 a liter. Will attach pics in the next post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4287995)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4288090)
Did you do anything extra apart from the regular service? Seems a bit high. Mine came around 5.5k. Details here:

The major reason for high cost is engine oil in this case. Fully synthetic engine oil costs around 5000 Rs :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4287995)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4288090)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4120166

My apologies I couldn't attach the pictures earlier. I wrote that on my phone and the Team BHP app wouldn't let me attach pictures. Here are pictures of the bill and the oils.

Anurag and Naveen, the large difference in the amount is because of the synthetic oil and of course, the 28% GST on several parts.

The vehicle does feel smoother after moving to Shell synthetic. I've got to see how long that effect will last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsuresh (Post 4288322)

The vehicle does feel smoother after moving to Shell synthetic. I've got to see how long that effect will last.

Out of curiosity, Why "Do Not Use This Oil" inscription on the barrel ?

:) "Do not use this oil". I knew someone would see this and ask why.

It is just to let the technicians know that this is a special and more expensive oil, so they don't mistake it for the regular Servo mineral oil ( which is also a yellow barrel).