Team-BHP - Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/167370-review-hyundai-creta-1st-gen-194.html)

I own a 2015 Creta SX(O) Diesel (first lot) and my Entertainment unit conked off 2 yrs ago, the screen just went kaput. Replaced it with a Blaupunkt Key Largo 970 unit with 2 yrs warranty and it fits very snugly into the same slot with a support bracket. Doesn't look out of place either and has loads of functionality. Happy with the purchase/upgrade and the user experience. lemme know if you need any additional info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftdiesel (Post 4206582)
You can mute the announcement by pressing the speaker icon on the right side of the Map screen. When you press the icon a volume bar will pop up and you can touch the speaker icon to mute it. The annoying bit though is that it resets to default when you stop and start the car.

The 'curve ahead' option can be turned off too. Click the 'Nav' button and on the screen you will find an icon named 'settings' - click on it. On the next screen, under tab 'route guidance' you will find an option titled, 'notify about curves ahead.' Remove the tick mark from this option.

If you couldn't follow this instruction, let me know, I can explain with some screenshots.

Bumping up the old post.
I am facing issue of not able to disable the 'curve ahead' sound notification. I tried it multiple time to disable but everytime I stop car and start again it is again reset back to enabled.

This is really annoying especially if you are driving on twisty roads.

Appreciate if anyone can help here.

My car is Creta 2017 Diesel SX(O) AUTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhppower (Post 5552889)
Bumping up the old post.
I am facing issue of not able to disable the 'curve ahead' sound notification. I tried it multiple time to disable but everytime I stop car and start again it is again reset back to enabled.

This is really annoying especially if you are driving on twisty roads.

Appreciate if anyone can help here.

My car is Creta 2017 Diesel SX(O) AUTO

You can go to settings in navigation and reduce the volume. I think if you mute it, it will turn back on when you restart the car. Try both.

Any after-market plastic fender liner options for the Creta, please? this is the condition after 3 years, I fail to understand the reason for designing/install felt fender liners . Hyundai needs to fire the guys who okayed this foolish design

Anyone here has a remedy for paint peeling off from my hood? My Creta is 6 years young Diesel Auto SX+ and is a good car to me all these years since I got it pre worshipped in 2020. I use it in mumbai and it was a coin sized peel a month ago and the open parking in Mumbai rains seems to be the main issue here. Any solutions will be much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijith (Post 5594324)
Anyone here has a remedy for paint peeling off from my hood? My Creta...

Do see this thread

Hi All,

My 2017 Creta's head unit (HU) has just stopped working and today I took it to a Hyundai service centre and they are saying the HU has died and needs to be replaced. I have been suggested to get a Blaupunkt HU with a cost of approx 35k as the authorised option.

Anyone here who has faced this issue and changed the HU? I saw an old post from 2019 about a Sony HU upgrade, but nothing post that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijith (Post 5626422)
My 2017 Creta's head unit (HU) has just stopped working and today I took it to a Hyundai service centre and they are saying the HU has died and needs to be replaced. I have been suggested to get a Blaupunkt HU with a cost of approx 35k as the authorised option.

Anyone here who has faced this issue and changed the HU? I saw an old post from 2019 about a Sony HU upgrade, but nothing post that.

Hey, please refer D-BHPian naveen.raju’s post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5327244

Quote:

Originally Posted by airguitar (Post 3901539)
Having driven a swift for close to 8 years, which has clocked 110000 Km, the desire to try and experience something new was creeping in ( and not to mention the pressure at home to get rid of an ageing car) .

My initial shortlist for the replacement looked like this........... Now after all this, and a lot of deliberation, Creta was a compelling option............. Given that I was going to have some of those installed on SX+, the cost was coming to a point where I thought SX(O) was worth it. So the final choice was the SX(O).

Someday, I'll get a Mahindra. May be a Thar, but I don't know. For now, I'll enjoy the Creta, fits my needs well.

Thanks everyone for the inputs on the forum and off it.

A little (non-technical) ownership review of my Creta SX(O) Diesel MT 1.6. Manufacturing date of Dec 2015, delivered to me in Feb 2016. The car completed 1 lakh kilometers in Feb 2024, after exactly 8 years. While 1 lakh doesn't sound an enormous number for 8 years, we had our second child during the course of the ownership of the creta and also the 2.5 year covid period where the car rarely left the parking and finally in the last year and half, the creta has had to share it's space in our lives with the Mahindra thar, which has done 21000 kms itself over the 1.5 years. Given all this, I would say that it did a good 20-22000 kms each "normal" year.

The comfort levels for passengers, the fatigue-less driving experience even on really long drives ( we do a lot of blr-chennai-blr same day return trip that mixes highways and city traffic ), the no-nonsense setup ( never have I had to call an RSA ), excellent service network, good peppy performant innards, lower NVH all have made it an excellent workhorse in the last 8 years. It's time to perhaps replace it, mostly because I want to experience newer cars, the itch to buy a new car ( more on that on a different post in a few days ). But the creta itself is showing no signs of ageing, still going very strong. It's been a stellar choice and I would take a moment to thank @condor and @ampere for the sensible inputs in 2016. The sales numbers of the Creta speaks for itself over the years. For those familiar with the book "The wisdom of crowds", the Creta's sales should be no surprise. And finally, the interesting thing is that in the 2016 post, I said that I fancy a thar and that post has aged well, I have a Thar too in the garage today :). Signing off with some pictures of the car from over the years

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1l.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0158.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0164.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0303.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0351.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0369.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0378.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0656.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0715.jpg

I own Creta 2018 SX petrol AT (facelift) which was the only petrol automatic available in the then lineup.

I have a question- does it come with ESP /ESC?

My understanding is it does not- as I had seen the brochure back then but recently read is some forums that it does.

Thanks for the clarity.