Team-BHP - Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/167370-review-hyundai-creta-1st-gen-191.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha (Post 5064449)
After the white paint peeling, premature clutch wear, ABS sensor issues, could we consider this to be the next on the list for creta. It seems some sort of serious quality control issue happened with Hyundai in the case of creta.

Have added it on that thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5064492

To be seen whether any other MY have also been affected other than MY 2017

Hi guys,
Just a quick query. I have a '17 Creta. I want to upgrade to an autodimming IRVM. I have previously ordered from aliexpress for my vento and that worked absolutely fine. But there are problems with Aliexpress deliveries now so have been looking for other options. There are a couple available on Amazon but reviews seem okish. Does anybody have any experience with those or any other options?
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by t2k4 (Post 4023180)
Circling back to the delivery experience. A day before delivery, went to the stockyard to see the available cars. There were two Whites in diesel AT. One had 49 kms on the odo and Dunlop tires and the other had 9 kms on the odo and Bridgestone tires. Picked the latter.

Fast-forward 5 years.

The car came with Bridgestone Dueller tires. Completed 45K+ and they were drying out - lack of use during Coronial times.

I could have pushed them for another 2-3K Kms, but it had reached a point where we started ruling Creta out for out-of-city sojourns.

Got the tires changed to Pirelli P7 - double up-sized.

Original 215/60 R17

Upgraded to 235/55 R17

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-imageshare-20210710-5032.png

Tire upgrade calculation recommendation was in line with less than 2% error; in fact, only a 0.07% error in this case.

I will monitor fuel efficiency over a couple of tank-fulls to see the impact; have gotten 12 Kmpl with Diesel AT (1.6 CRDi) in the city over the past 5 years.

Has anyone fitted the OEM LED tail lights from the 2019 Facelifted Creta in the pre-facelift Creta (2015-18)? For some reason these are very rare, couldn’t find even one of them on OLX.

Could anyone tell the price which Hyundai ASS quote.

I am referring to these tail-lights:
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-30fdcbf14f0b413eabdc40757312fa0d.jpeg

My 2016 Creta P AT is due for 60k service. Wanted to check regarding the schedule of gear oil change? It hasn't been replaced yet for mine.

Need help from first gen Creta owners. I have learnt from this thread that the initial lot didn't get Android auto/apple carplay in the infotainment unit and it didn't support it even after an update. But one owner got the HU of his Creta mfd in late 2016 updated and got android/apple carplay. Has anyone from EARLY 2016 model updated their infotainment system to support Android auto/apple car play. Asking because I'm interested in a used Creta from that period. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbm (Post 5176079)
Need help from first gen Creta owners. I have learnt from this thread that the initial lot didn't get Android auto/apple carplay in the infotainment unit and it didn't support it even after an update. But one owner got the HU of his Creta mfd in late 2016 updated and got android/apple carplay. Has anyone from EARLY 2016 model updated their infotainment system to support Android auto/apple car play. Asking because I'm interested in a used Creta from that period. Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's possible, atleast for the first lot. AFAIK, the hardware won't support it. Late 2016/early 2017 cars started getting this update.

I had asked the guys at HASS and they confirmed it's not possible. My car is the from the first lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 5176319)
I don't think it's possible, atleast for the first lot. AFAIK, the hardware won't support it. Late 2016/early 2017 cars started getting this update.

I had asked the guys at HASS and they confirmed it's not possible. My car is the from the first lot.

Thanks for this info. Any niggles/issues associated with intital lot that I should be aware of?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbm (Post 5176334)
Thanks for this info. Any niggles/issues associated with intital lot that I should be aware of?

My AVN is sort of pixelated now (graphics). It's working absolutely fine, just that some colors are pixelated.

Anyhow, I wanted to change this from day 1 but the aftermarket AVN can spoil the clean look. So am holding to it. I only use this for radio and rear camera. I use my phone for maps.

6 years to date.
220k km up.
One satisfying ownership experience.

My car (2016 1.6 SX CRDi) doesn't display the mileage on the MID, though another car of my friend's (same variant but the facelift one) displays it. How can I get my car to display it? Is it only available on the facelifted one? I really want mine to display the mileage though, what should I do for that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorhead07 (Post 5204324)
My car (2016 1.6 SX CRDi) doesn't display the mileage on the MID, though another car of my friend's (same variant but the facelift one) displays it. How can I get my car to display it? Is it only available on the facelifted one? I really want mine to display the mileage though, what should I do for that?

You would need to replace the MID itself for that and the cost would be approximately at least upwards of INR 40,000. However, a cheaper alternative would be a wired OBD2 display costing approximately INR 4000. But by far, the cheapest solution (approximately INR 500) would be a Bluetooth-based OBD2 adapter to display the fuel efficiency figures on a smartphone. I did this in my 2017 prefacelifted Creta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chhanda Das (Post 5204508)
Bluetooth-based OBD2 adapter to display the fuel efficiency figures on a smartphone.

Can you please share the OBD2 adapter you use and the bluetooth app for the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijith (Post 5204660)
Can you please share the OBD2 adapter you use and the bluetooth app for the same?

I shared all relevant information already in a Facebook post and also shared the link to that post above but sadly our Team Bhp mod/s do not like externally hosted links/websites as you can see above. Hence, I cannot share either the review video that my son made or a link to the product.

Anyway, I got a generic unbranded Bluetooth OBD2 adapter from Amazon India and I use it with the "Torque" App from Google's PlayStore. Both the free and paid versions of the App work just as well to show the fuel efficiency figures. However, some advanced features and the removal of popup advertisements are only available on the paid version. I hope this helps :)

How much do the brake pads on a Petrol AT last. Mine had to be changed at about 30K Kms, 5 years down the line.

Also, what about the tyre life? The Bridgestone Duelers are doing great, but I wonder if the rubber has aged enough to be replaced?