Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 20:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My pre-worshipped BMW 328i

Enjoyed reading your thread. Passionately written and quite informative

Since you enjoy trackdays, I would recomend that you invest in a 2nd set of grippy UHP summer tires (like Advan Neova) and keep the run-flats for everyday use
Old 5th August 2016, 22:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Manav,

Good to see another 328i ownership thread on team bhp.

Nice to see the car hitting the track regularly and you having fun, also i am so sure with better (& wider) tyres you'd be shaving off atleast 3-4% of your time on that long BIC track.

Quote:
drag with 330i at 33sec, second drag at 1:06
^ Also good to see you beat the car the 328i replaces i.e. 6cyl 330i (that too modded) , proud moment for the N20

PS - You mentioning in the opening post the Dislikes, i.e. the car needs 97 octane may be misguiding IMO for other people who would want to purchase a 328, my car runs fine on normal petrol, be it however way you drive, redline or 1000 rpm in 8th gear.
Though in another thread you mentioned the engine knocks with regular fuel only on trackdays.

Do keep this thread regularly updated & also what mods planned ?

Last edited by karan561 : 5th August 2016 at 22:57.
Old 5th August 2016, 23:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations buddy on the purchase and your engagement.

You mentioned 3 lacs in warranty bills. Did you have to shell out any money or 100% claimed under warranty?
Old 5th August 2016, 23:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Excellent write up. Really loved going through all your posts.

It's horrible that BMW treats a customer like this. Sorry to say this BMW, but a local Maruti dealership is better. (May be a one off case, but when a customer is paying big bucks for the brand, he/she expects a good service).

You Delhi people are very lucky. BIC in your backyard. I'll be one happy guy if they make a race track in my neighbourhood.

A query from my side, how is the tire wear ? Do the rear wheels exhibit more wear than front ones ?
Old 6th August 2016, 04:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review buddy, this car indeed feels like a sports car in disguise.
I am shocked at the treatment meted out to you by Deutsche guys, though Bird Auto is not that great, it is miles better than this dealership.

The warranty claims sound huge, what all was replaced in ac components and headlights?
Old 6th August 2016, 05:27   #21
BANNED

Congratulations on the trophy! Saw the track video - you should be able to have even quicker times on the exit of corners - in most you should be able to put the power down 1 - 1.5 seconds earlier than you did. Also, a better alignment should reduce tyre squeal and get you marginally better acceleration and cornering times on track.

Wish you more wins!

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 6th August 2016 at 05:34.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 11:35   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Car looks fantastic. I am in the look out for pre owned F30. Here in the south, I did not see any 328i for sale. Really an exclusive car. Wishing you happy motoring.
ramb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 18:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Buddy on your awesome buy. Really well written and can really relate to how difficult it is to get hold of a good second hand car in India.

Your review is even better since you've mentioned how difficult ( financial + time ) it is to maintain her in good shape. It's even very true about the absurdly poor service quality of both BMW and Hyundai in India.

Glad you're making very good use of your German beauty.

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 6th August 2016 at 18:23. Reason: Additional sentence
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 23:02   #24
BHPian

Hello,

Congratulations on your purchase and your engagement.

The car looks amazing in that shade of blue. Loved reading your post. Cheers
Syed_Munazzir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 12:30   #25
BHPian

Manav, congrats on the 328 again and wish you many long miles on it.
The parts about BMW service being opaque and not keeping your trust is scary - I am considering getting a pre-worshiped 3 series soon but hearing these tales put me off. Whatever little patience I have to put up with bad customer service is entirely consumed by Triumph and I can't afford to deal with another set of prima donnas!
Great to see the track videos and I still envy that Blue on your ST!
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 14:09   #26
BHPian

Amazing writeup, detailed and emotional! I liked your honest to god overall review.

BMWs are something else isn't it!

I can imagine the kind of joy it must be giving you to rev this gem of an engine. If not for an insane torque of 530d i would have picked this car with my eyes closed!

Happy driving!
ashish22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 14:19   #27
BHPian

Congrats for your Beamer. And Fantastic write up, gripping till the end.
Just curious with your encounters with BMW dealer, do you think used car dealers would have been better, if not less cumbersome? Or any others in the forum have buying experience with them?
Old 8th August 2016, 01:12   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on the engagement and the new acquisition. I can truly feel the pain and emotions that run while maintaining our cars with perfection.

But even after repeated reminders and heated arguments, this is not expected from BMW India. It would be disappointing experiencing this after shelling out so much money. But I am sure that the 6 cylinders would be covering up for this.

Anything could happen if we get this to the notice of ministry of consumer affairs?
Old 8th August 2016, 08:44   #29
BHPian

Going by the way the dealer and the company treated you , it seems they think you aren’t a worthy customer. They deliberately approved just 7 lakhs loan, marred the various parts during every service and gave paltry discounts on accessories despite promising otherwise. Would they dare to treat their target customer in the same way? Sad to see what all the enthusiast has to go through to own and maintain his dream car
rselva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 11:40   #30
BHPian

Amazing ownership review, quickdraw!!
You have segmented it in so detail, it's really a great read for someone looking to buy a new or even a pre-worshiped premium/luxury car in India. I couldn't imagine the amount of money you have had to spend in a mere 8-9 months of owning this!
Accidents are unfortunate but keying the car out of jealousy is so immature!

Like many have concurred, I don't think the dealership deserves to sell and service such a premium brand. Greasing where unnecessary is certainly not something you'd want. My Swift came with a small grease stain on the rear seat. I complained about it and a mobile car service guy showed up at my doorstep on a Sunday to give a complete interior cleaning - just to ensure I'm happy. On top of that, he handed over a free wash coupon! Imagine the level of service there - with a Maruti. I could only expect 5 star treatments when I think of buying from the luxury class. This experience you have mentioned just appalled me.

The car must be making it up for more than the troubles you've had so far, I'm sure. I wish you many happy and enthusiastic miles with this car.
Keep your thread alive so it'll give us an idea what it takes to maintain a car like this.
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks