Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 12:03   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2015 VW Vento TDI DSG Highline

Hi execve,

Congrats on acquiring a new sets of wheels. Looks beautiful in skin and heart.

Off late, I have been driving my friends Rapid Diesel DSG and one major difference (visually) which I see, is the absence of right side steering mounted controls in Rapid. Please explain the functions of right-side mounted steering controls apart from voice command button, which I could see in picture.
It a concern for me as in Rapid the steering control for phone and audio is very basic and wonder why other features have been omitted purposefully.

Thanks in advance.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:07   #17

Congrats on the new purchase.

The one thing that I found very annoying with my vento is, as you mentioned, the flimsy nature of the AC vent. I had to replace 3 vents in 2 years. And to top it one broke within a week of installing a new one (I handle them very carefully, but still...). And these are ridiculously priced on the higher end.

And yes the bottom scrapes when loaded with 4 or more people. So, you'll have steel your heart whenever you go over a bump with more than 4 people in your car.

Apart from these, loved the car. Solid, stable and reliable.
MikeRX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 13:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Please explain the functions of right-side mounted steering controls apart from voice command button, which I could see in picture.
My 2015 VW Vento TDI DSG Highline-img_20151021_190016edit.jpg

This should explain the different buttons. I was told during delivery that the left right buttons also help switch between folders, but I could not get this to work. I haven't read the RCD320 manual yet
execve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:17   #19
BHPian

Congratulations execve, i think this is the best colour for the Vento and your ride looks absolutely stunning. I myself am a big fan of the clean styling of the Vento and the facelift has further enhanced the appeal of this beauty.

Wish you many happy miles with your Vento. One quick question for you though. You mentioned a Highline Plus variant, what are the additional features the HL+ gets over the HL?
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 19:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
One quick question for you though. You mentioned a Highline Plus variant, what are the additional features the HL+ gets over the HL?
All the features are mentioned in below thread but what i last heard was that highline plus is only for manual models and not DSG models. I am not sure whether that thing has changed now .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 19:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by execve View Post

Yes, I have also been considering shades for the rear windows. Do you know of a good set which could be purchased ? I briefly checked online but could not find a good one.
The highline plus brochure says "The New Vento Highline Plus comes with detachable window blinds, making it easy for you to restrict the amount of heat and light that comes in.It’s also readily removable and washable, so you’re always at ease, night or day."
Old 27th October 2015, 19:40   #22
BHPian

Hey execv! Congratulations on the new buy!

BTW, how are the mats doing? I was looking for a set for mine? Do these accomodate for the dead pedal?
Old 27th October 2015, 20:48   #23
BHPian

Congratulations execve

Wishing you a very happy, peaceful and trouble free ownership.

The night blue colour looks fab, a rare unique colour on the vento, I've seen a lot of white ones followed by silver. I had test driven the vento DSG, though only for about 4-5 kms, its a pleasure to drive.

Enjoy your ride
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 21:05   #24
BHPian

Congrats execve for your new Vento DSG TDI. I was also deciding between TSI and TDI DSG couple of months back but went the other way and bought TSI. My primary objective was fun quotient and that tilted my favor towards it still TDI does not lag behind much.

Vento is a wonderful car and I am sure you will have many happy miles. Vento is my second VW (also have a Polo TDI) and I am pretty impressed with the engineering.

Regarding your point on RCD 320 visual aid, I do not think Vento ever came with that feature. RCD 510 retrofit would allow it buy sadly post 2013 Vento's do not have the corresponding module so we are unlucky.
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 21:42   #25
BHPian

The visual aid came in the models that had the RCD 310. It was a CANBUS unit, and supported the rear sensors. And since it was linked, music also automatically gets paused when slotted into reverse.
The only possible way is to change the HU to a canbus supported unit, and then get the appropriate sensors for it(im not sure if they are the same or not).
My vento is a pepper grey, but i still drool when i see your color on the roads :-D
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 23:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
The highline plus brochure says "The New Vento Highline Plus comes with detachable window blinds, making it easy for you to restrict the amount of heat and light that comes in.It’s also readily removable and washable, so you’re always at ease, night or day."
Yes, but I understood that VW does not sell those separately - one has to go for the entire Highline Plus package!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
Hey execv! Congratulations on the new buy!

BTW, how are the mats doing? I was looking for a set for mine? Do these accomodate for the dead pedal?
Thank you - the Mats are a very good fit -- you can zoom into the dead pedal section in the below image. There is no special dead pedal slot, but due to the raised edges it fits quite well - atleast I couldn't find a problem.

Old 28th October 2015, 22:17   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by execve View Post
Thanks to all for the wishes! Yes, I am enjoying the car thorougly so far!!! Waiting to take her out for a longish drive.

Yes, I have also been considering shades for the rear windows. Do you know of a good set which could be purchased ? I briefly checked online but could not find a good one.
congrats execve !
12 volts make appreciably good set of magnetic shades easily available over car decor shops.
wish you lots and lots of happy miles !!
vashisth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 22:51   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
All the features are mentioned in below thread but what i last heard was that highline plus is only for manual models and not DSG models. I am not sure whether that thing has changed now .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html
The HL+ is only for the manual version, not the DSG. Big disappointment.
Features wise, the HL+ packs in a Navigation system, black roof wrap, black/carbon fibre finish ORVMS, and some other things.

Test drove the DSG TDI 2 weeks back. Absolutely loved the swoosh in S mode. But felt the car lacks some features compared to competition: navigation at least. Having the HL+ as manual only is weird product strategy. Akin to Hyundai not having the Creta Automatic in SX (O) trim. Guess car makers are scared of pricing themselves out of the market.
Old 28th October 2015, 23:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoorag View Post
Having the HL+ as manual only is weird product strategy. Akin to Hyundai not having the Creta Automatic in SX (O) trim. Guess car makers are scared of pricing themselves out of the market.
Even Honda doesn't offer the VX(O) trim, which includes the AVN system, with the CVT. So if one wants to opt for the automatic in the Creta, Vento or City, one just doesn't have the option of the top end variant.
Old 28th October 2015, 23:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoorag View Post
The HL+ is only for the manual version, not the DSG. Big disappointment.
Features wise, the HL+ packs in a Navigation system, black roof wrap, black/carbon fibre finish ORVMS, and some other things.

Test drove the DSG TDI 2 weeks back. Absolutely loved the swoosh in S mode. But felt the car lacks some features compared to competition: navigation at least. Having the HL+ as manual only is weird product strategy. Akin to Hyundai not having the Creta Automatic in SX (O) trim. Guess car makers are scared of pricing themselves out of the market.
The AVN system in HL+ is the Blau 835 which is also available as a accessory with VW dealers themselves. You can get it installed in the HL DSG without issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks