Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 10:06   #16
BANNED

Re: My Video Review: 2015 Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi

Hi karan561,
Hats off for your effort man .One of the best reviews out there on Figo. Ford should give you some freebies for such excellent free advertisement. Hope our moderators add a small video review in official reviews.

The Rationalist.

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2015 at 10:34. Reason: Typo
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 10:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Keep them coming Karan. That is a fantastic video review. Seriously You could really consider starting a youtube channel and video reviewing cars. Who knows to which heights you'll reach from there.

A for your choice of alloys and tyre upgrades. I drove straight from the showroom and did the same with my light Korean petrol hatchback. Like you said, wider rubber does actually transform the capabilities and minimizes wheelspin to a great extent.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 15:09   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Really great video review KKC, your testimony for the Figo coming as a owner is like a bolt from the blue to many Aspiring buyers still sitting on the fence and confused whether they should join the new 'B' bandwagon buzz or think of product like the Figo as a equally credible option.

Ford is running campaign for Figo with "Clever like you" theme but I also feel they are missing big time on showcasing strength of the diesel engine which is let down to an extent by the petrol sibling.
Thanks Kreative Geek.

I Agree, Ford's campaign should have been more focussed on the performance aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfacer View Post
I completely agree. I took delivery of my Titanium Ruby Red 1.5 TDCI Figo on Friday. It is truly a joy to drive. It is not everyday that you can come up with an engine which delivers a combination of 100 horses and a mileage of 25 kmpl. They should be marketing this a lot better.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Great review Karen. I think the icing on the cake was the drag race. Love your choice of wheels.
This really speaks volumes for the Figo and I am really impressed with its performance. Good job Ford.
All the best and happy driving. Keep posting updates on your beauty.
Thanks, sure will keep updating the thread with updates & ownership impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Great review. Video review is definitely entertaining than reading so many pages. You should think about starting your own motoring channel. Giving a well deserved five stars.

Love the wheels. It looks great on white colour.

Happy to see that Ford did not go the normal route of other manufacturers - puny engines with stress on fuel efficiency. Great job Ford.
Thanks for your kind words & the rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi karan561,
Hats off for your effort man .One of the best reviews out there on Figo. Ford should give you some frrebies for such excellent free advertisement. Hope our moderators add a small video review in official reviews.

The Rationalist.
Thank you Rationalist for your positive comments.

Speaking of freebies, i managed to squeeze out extended warranty, mattings & parking sensors (Rear) as a part of the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Keep them coming Karan. That is a fantastic video review. Seriously You could really consider starting a Youtube channel and video reviewing cars. Who knows to which heights you'll reach from there.

A for your choice of alloys and tyre upgrades. I drove straight from the showroom and did the same with my light Korean petrol hatchback. Like you said, wider rubber does actually transform the capabilities and minimizes wheelspin to a great extent.
S2,

Thanks for the motivation, will surely try to do more such videos in the future

Yes, those rims on your Grand i10 definitely are making the car look so good & the performance benefits are a welcome addition too.

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2015 at 10:35. Reason: Removing a quoted post that has been deleted
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 15:59   #19
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2015 at 10:36.
AnInternetUser is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th November 2015, 20:56   #20

Karan, have you tested the wipers yet ? With all the rain in Chennai, my wipers have been working overtime. They seem to make a very annoying sound and you can hear them in the cabin. They also don't seem to operate smoothly. Have you observed this as well or is it just specific to my car ?
surfacer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 08:19   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Karan-Kudos to you for a unique review style and for being the first to do so on the forum. I know it takes lot of time and synchronization to create a video review of a car and you have done a fantastic job

My personal opinion is that if you had accompanied it with some text it would have been outstanding

I can see from the review that your totally smitten by the Figo and since i too drive a car from same family, I know why

Aspire has satisfied my cravings that i was missing after letting go of my Cruze. It is certainly not in that league but, mostly comparable which itself is a huge compliment to that smaller engine

Enjoy and drive safe...
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 11:18   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Karan, have you tested the wipers yet ? With all the rain in Chennai, my wipers have been working overtime. They seem to make a very annoying sound and you can hear them in the cabin. They also don't seem to operate smoothly. Have you observed this as well or is it just specific to my car ?
Hello Surfacer,

Haven't tested the wipers as there is no rain here in Mumbai, if you have any problems with your wiper then you may definitely report it to the service centre as they may consider replacing it because your car is new. Give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Karan-Kudos to you for a unique review style and for being the first to do so on the forum. I know it takes lot of time and synchronization to create a video review of a car and you have done a fantastic job

My personal opinion is that if you had accompanied it with some text it would have been outstanding

I can see from the review that your totally smitten by the Figo and since i too drive a car from same family, I know why

Aspire has satisfied my cravings that i was missing after letting go of my Cruze. It is certainly not in that league but, mostly comparable which itself is a huge compliment to that smaller engine

Enjoy and drive safe...
Hello mobike,

Thanks for your comments & I'm glad that you liked the video

I too owned the Cruze for 3 years & this car sort of replicates that feeling which we had in the Cruze. Thanks to the lag free diesel engine and a similar power to weight Ratio (Cruze Power to weight was 95 hp/Ton)

But truth to be told is that Cruze was not an easy car to drive fast as there was much lag in it, which in a strange way was fun as we were waiting for the turbo to spool & once it did it was a roller coaster.
Old 14th November 2015, 11:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review Karan

I too TDed Figo TDCi and still can't let go that acceleration feel through NH8.

Few queries,
  1. What's the PCD of 15" Momos? 108? Any spacers used?
  2. What's the width of the alloy? 6?
  3. Any problem with 8 hole set-up? Do they have same design with 4 hole set-up?
  4. Does the upgrade affected the 0 to 100 timings?
  5. What about the characteristic of car in city driving post upgrade? Wider tyres means more rolling resistance and car decelerates faster when coasting which requires down shifts. What's your observation on this?
Thanks in advance.

Just enjoy the little beast.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 12:29   #24
BHPian

Amazing and a really insightful review.
I am astonished as to how with all their mighty resources, car shows in India are unable to reach this quality.

More BHPians need to take this leap and start producing such excellent video reviews. This would increase our reach by leaps and bounds.

Excellent effort, and I hope you continue to bring out more such excellent videos.
prakhar1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 12:44   #25
BHPian

I saw Karan's ///M exhaust video and this one and I cant do anything but applaud his enthusiasm for creating quality auto videos. While he is too modest to mention that production quality might not be best, clearly there were so many go pro moments which trump any of those regular off the shelf 'auto expert' reviews. Oh and Momo Revenge looks so sweet !!!
RocketRaccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 13:01   #26
BHPian

Great review man! I personally loved the comparison with the segment leader. The usual auto reviews should take a cue from you and include something new like this.

Overall, well presented. The only feedback I have is that your camera could have been a bit better.

Perhaps you have an alternate career path too?
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 14:14   #27
BHPian

What a superb video and excellent editing @Karan. Your video review makes me want to get up and go book the Figo immediately. Is there a reason why you picked the base variant? BTW, the Momos look fantastic.
OT: Just wondering what a remap would do to the 98bhp engine...
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 15:56   #28
BHPian

An awesome review! The production is very good, apart from the tik-tik noise in the later part of the video, may be coming from the dash camera mount.
I think the new figo, with all the power and features, should be the default choice for any potential B segment diesel car buyer.

Cheers!
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 16:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Although I don't have knowledge specific to the Figo, I observed the same in our Linea a few months back. Sand/ tiny pebbles had settled on the wipers and gradually caused uneven wear of the rubber. It scratched the glass quite badly over time. Don't ignore the issue. Get it checked out soon.
Old 14th November 2015, 16:19   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Fantastic review Karan

I too TDed Figo TDCi and still can't let go that acceleration feel through NH8.

Few queries,
  1. What's the PCD of 15" Momos? 108? Any spacers used?
  2. What's the width of the alloy? 6?
  3. Any problem with 8 hole set-up? Do they have same design with 4 hole set-up?
  4. Does the upgrade affected the 0 to 100 timings?
  5. What about the characteristic of car in city driving post upgrade? Wider tyres means more rolling resistance and car decelerates faster when coasting which requires down shifts. What's your observation on this?
Thanks in advance.

Just enjoy the little beast.

Cheers!

Vinu
Thanks !

Coming to answering your questions;

1) Yes the PCD is 108 & no spacers were used.

2) Rim width is 6.5

3) No problem with that.

4) The 0-100 timing would have definitely become better considering the wider rubber helping put down the power better and reducing the wheelspin.

Also do note during the Drag v/s GT TDI the tyres were new (around 150 kms old) and were still running in, just like the engine. So now they are around 900 kms old and performing much better.

5) Do note that the OE were MRF's and these are much more premium Continentals. Hence i believe even if the wider rubber is there the rolling resistance hasn't been affected that much. Overall you gain on handling, braking, traction & looks.

Downshifts ? Engine has got a good low end so no need to downshift that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Amazing and a really insightful review.
I am astonished as to how with all their mighty resources, car shows in India are unable to reach this quality.

More BHPians need to take this leap and start producing such excellent video reviews. This would increase our reach by leaps and bounds.

Excellent effort, and I hope you continue to bring out more such excellent videos.
Thank you prakhar for your kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
I saw Karan's ///M exhaust video and this one and I cant do anything but applaud his enthusiasm for creating quality auto videos. While he is too modest to mention that production quality might not be best, clearly there were so many go pro moments which trump any of those regular off the shelf 'auto expert' reviews. Oh and Momo Revenge looks so sweet !!!
Thanks Rocket Racoon for your appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Great review man! I personally loved the comparison with the segment leader. The usual auto reviews should take a cue from you and include something new like this.

Overall, well presented. The only feedback I have is that your camera could have been a bit better.

Perhaps you have an alternate career path too?
Thanks sudeepg for your motivating thoughts & also point noted about the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
What a superb video and excellent editing @Karan. Your video review makes me want to get up and go book the Figo immediately. Is there a reason why you picked the base variant? BTW, the Momos look fantastic.
OT: Just wondering what a remap would do to the 98bhp engine...
Thanks speedmunster for your positive comments.

Well, have picked up the middle variant i.e. TREND. I thought of saving on some money for the rims & tyre upgrade. BUT i was wrong, because though the larger rims and tyres are adding to the looks & performance (traction, cornering etc) but I'm really missing the ABS & EBD from the Titanium.

Speaking of a Remap, that would really make the car an predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
An awesome review! The production is very good, apart from the tik-tik noise in the later part of the video, may be coming from the dash camera mount.
I think the new figo, with all the power and features, should be the default choice for any potential B segment diesel car buyer.

Cheers!
Thanks gear head, That sound is from the go-pro mount, but sorry sadly we couldn't eliminate that sound as we noticed that later.

Last edited by karan561 : 14th November 2015 at 16:45.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks