Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 18:02   #16
BHPian

Re: My Daily Workhorse - Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
I am using an iPhone as well and yes it connects automatically when I get in the car in morning. And it connects cause it was already connected and car was idle when you got in but what I am trying to say is suppose you are driving and your phone dies and you plug it to the charging point in and when the phone will start, it won't connect again until and unless you stop the car. Once you stop the car it will connect automatically.
I also have Elite i20 Asta Petrol. For me, already paired phones connect automatically even if the car is moving. I have tested this. The other day my brother in law was driving car and I switched on the bluetooth and phone got connected.
Although I don't use an iPhone. Mine is Nexus 6P running on Marshmallow OS.
You can test this by pairing an android phone.
Old 24th January 2016, 22:52   #17
BHPian

Re: My Daily Workhorse - Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
I am using an iPhone as well and yes it connects automatically when I get in the car in morning. And it connects cause it was already connected and car was idle when you got in but what I am trying to say is suppose you are driving and your phone dies and you plug it to the charging point in and when the phone will start, it won't connect again until and unless you stop the car. Once you stop the car it will connect automatically.
So finally I got a chance to try the scenario out by letting the iphone's battery drain to zero. The phone was paired to the HU prior to the device going dead.

Upon starting up (after sufficient charging to do so) I switched on the bluetooth on the phone and it paired with the HU without any additional inputs. Also, I do not have to stop for connecting to an already paired phone, i.e. if the phone is in the list of paired phones (upto five).

For pairing a new phone, one has to come to a complete stop.

Give it a try again and maybe we can share notes.

Most Viewed