Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 21:01   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: French Connection - A Renault Kwid comes home

Its a really cute little car. I love it. Well priced too!

Its a tough choice these days with that nice little KUV100 also being available.

I wish I were a College Boy with a Rich Papa so that I could have enjoyed owning one of these and attempted to turn heads!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 23:14   #17

Congratulations on your purchase. I have a Kwid Rxt(O) in the Planet grey shade. Reading your review - transported me back in time . I got mine in the last week of October last year. I own a Figo diesel as well and just couldn't stop comparing the two.
Wish you many happy miles ahead....

P.S: A very well written review
Abhinav R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:06   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the Kwid PrideRed
Thank you for the detailed review and your experiences
We are contemplating an used Alto/M800 or a new Kwid for my wife for her office commute (For the same reasons that you have written).
I'll ask my wife to read this so that we have some clarity.

Please keep updating the thread.

Will be looking forward for your next ownership report of the Endeavour.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 11:02   #19
BHPian

Hi PrideRed, congrats on your new Kwid. I personally like the Kwid's looks and small dimensions. The Best looking small car. Your Kwid must look really tiny next to your Endervour, do post few pictures for size comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The other thing I must mention about is that its steering does not self-center automatically, one has to put effort to get it back to center. You will get used to it after driving for a couple of kilometers but can get annoying during the initial drive.
The steering doesn't self centre easily in my Alto K10 as well, one reason is the low front end weight of the car. It self centred much better with passengers on board. This can be applicable to your Kwid too.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 12:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
Hello PrideRed.. You may want to consider the blindspot mirrors that you get in the market. They are basically small convex mirrors that are 'stick-ons'. I have these in my cars - take some time to get used to, do make sure you dont stick them to the outer edge of the mirror.

Hope this helps
I am looking at options online. I plan to visit accessory shop over the weekend because this is some stuff I would like to try and then buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Congrats Ravi for your new ride!!

One thing I am in sync with you is your feedback on ride and handling. Ford Figo`s mature big car like ride quality has set the benchmark for many who have owned it and whenever we are in the market, we tend to compare it with Figo. Obviously our expectations will be that the car should offer better or atleast matches with Figo`s ride and handling.

Anyways wish you have a safe mile munching ahead and will be eagerly waiting for your ownership report on big brother Endeavour.
Thanks for the wishes. Yes, Figo is still the benchmark when it comes to ride and handling to me. The ride and handling so well masks the underpowered engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Congrats PrideRed on your new purchase - the car looks smashing in the red color .

Looks like the ride quality of Kwid is similar to its big brother, Duster. Happy mile munching and do update the thread regularly based on your usage. Cheers.
Well it is in similar lines of Duster, but not comparable to Duster which is a much bigger vehicle riding on 16 inch wheels. You can call it Duster of entry level cars, when it come to ride quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Congratulations on the Kwid PrideRed
Thank you for the detailed review and your experiences
We are contemplating an used Alto/M800 or a new Kwid for my wife for her office commute (For the same reasons that you have written).
I'll ask my wife to read this so that we have some clarity.

Please keep updating the thread.

Will be looking forward for your next ownership report of the Endeavour.
Now that you can get even AMT with 1.0L engine, I don't see any shortcomings in the Kwid compared to competition. Apart even smaller footprint and little more refined engine, to me the Kwid as a car trumps Alto 800 in all other aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
The steering doesn't self centre easily in my Alto K10 as well, one reason is the low front end weight of the car. It self centred much better with passengers on board. This can be applicable to your Kwid too.
I too noticed something similar. More the passengers and more the speed you carry, it self centres better.

Last edited by PrideRed : 17th March 2016 at 12:15.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 16:35   #21
BHPian

Hey PrideRed,
Your red car looks pristine and your initial ownership review is nothing but amazing. I feel all Kwids are made in Chennai plant.
I was driving an Alto of 2008 model and i can completely relate to the underpower feeling on highways as you need to downshift for overtakes. Though Kwid looks great from each and every angle, but for the ORVMs. They look awfully cheap. Did you check with your dealership, whether a body color and more sturdy ORVMs can be installed.

Safe drives.
Old 17th March 2016, 17:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Hey PrideRed,
Though Kwid looks great from each and every angle, but for the ORVMs. They look awfully cheap. Did you check with your dealership, whether a body color and more sturdy ORVMs can be installed.

Safe drives.
I have checked with dealer, looks like they haven't received alternate ORVM's yet. Again I don't see a place to fit an internally adjustable ORVM as the inner part of door that is supposed to hold adjuster knob, is a single unit attached to door pad.
Old 18th March 2016, 17:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Update on Fuel Efficiency. Got a tank full and as per my calculation, Fuel efficiency stands at 13.22 KM/l. This was with 100% city driving and AC on.75% of travel is around Graphite area where it takes 30-45 Minutes to travel 3-4 KM. I am quite content with the figures for now given the roads car travels.
On a different note, despite setting the Fuel pump to auto cut off on full, the Petrol did spill again. Either this is a compatibility issue of nozzle or some design issue with Kwid.
Old 31st March 2016, 17:59   #24
BHPian

Congrats PrideRed for the Kwid. I'm too planning to replace my dad's Wagon R with the 1.0L version.

That said, I'm concerned about the overall safety aspect offered in the car. Have heard that the build quality feels too plasticky and may not sustain well if involved in crashes even upto 40 Kmph (typically city speeds).

Having driven it for 2000 Kms already in mixed conditions, what is your view on this?
Old 1st April 2016, 14:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBa View Post
Congrats PrideRed for the Kwid. I'm too planning to replace my dad's Wagon R with the 1.0L version.

That said, I'm concerned about the overall safety aspect offered in the car. Have heard that the build quality feels too plasticky and may not sustain well if involved in crashes even upto 40 Kmph (typically city speeds).

Having driven it for 2000 Kms already in mixed conditions, what is your view on this?
The Kwid cannot be compared with cars a segment above say likes of Grand i10 or Figo. It would definitely score much lesser w.r.to safety.
However when you compare with Alto or Eon, the Kwid feel more sturdy. Even though Kwid weighs lesser than Alto, the body panels feel more solid than both.
I expect 1.0L Kwid to come equipped with dual airbags and might be ABS as well which is a good thing from safety perspective. Kwid to me seems better built than direct competition but if safety is your top most priority, I would suggest you to invest more and upgrade.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 15:44   #26
BHPian

Thanks for that Alto vs Kwid built quality piece. That helps.
MacBa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 12:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Completed 6200KM as on date. The car has been used majority in city with couple of highway drive to native.
I have got the wheel alignment and balancing done at 5K other than the free service and 2K KM. In City the Fuel efficiency is anywhere between 12-15Km/L depending on traffic. In highway I have got 22-24KM/L. I found replacing the tire a big problem. Replacing the tyre and adding the hubcap is quite a task. Even the Tire Empire guys were struggling to fit the Tires.
The car is almost rattle free barring the door lock screws which do make their presence felt.
On a different note I got to compare the Kwid with Alto 800 and Eon(both which belong to my friends). While the Alto 800 felt peppy enough, the Engine felt equally noisy with a little lesser vibrations. The Eon on the other hand felt refined, but lack of power of clearly evident. Eon felt so damn lazy in comparison.
Old 14th December 2016, 21:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found replacing the tire a big problem. Replacing the tyre and adding the hubcap is quite a task. Even the tire empire guys were struggling to fit the Tires.
Could you elaborate more on the issue with tire replacement?

Quote:
The car is almost rattle free barring the door lock screws which do make their presence felt.
What about the front Dashboard? I have heard that one easily gives away on most Kwids.
Old 15th December 2016, 09:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Could you elaborate more on the issue with tire replacement?

What about the front Dashboard? I have heard that one easily gives away on most Kwids.
The bolts holding the tire is separate and not attached one's like traditional wheels. This design is not new but what complicates the matter is, there is no grove or slot to hold the tire and then fasten the bolts. So you end up holding tire in one hand and fastening bolts on other. The hubcap makes it more difficult. Smaller size of the tire is the saving grace here.

The front dashboard is holding quite well so far after completing 9K KM's. There is an occasional rattle from somewhere near steering but is very rare.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 14:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer: Renault Whitefield:
Pretty straightforward and professional. I had booked RXT (O) Fiery Red and Alex was the sales person. He is a nice chap and was responsive. In February, I was put in touch with Tejas who was no different. I was being updated promptly and their promise to deliver by end of February was well kept. They are very professional and their approach was far better than Hyundai and Maruti.
Total on-road price came to 4.6x lac. I did not opt for any accessories other than standard mats and mud flaps.
Congrats on your ride mate. I am one of the latest to join the Kwid club. I have booked mine with the same dealer and hope to have happy miles with the vehicle. I have a quick question for you. What is the Insurance you opted for? Did you take the one offered in the showroom or got it done externally. I got a better quote from Bajaj Allianz (almost 7k cheaper than the one offered by the dealer). But I am not sure whether cashless facility is available. I was not able to find any Renault dealerships in the list given by Bajaj Allianz. The sales guy said they do have tie up, but when I called the service center they could not confirm . Can you please help me out a bit here?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks