Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2018, 13:31   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
I use my car very sparingly. I'm a retired recluse who goes out only once a week. It would literally take 7-10 years for any car i own to actually touch the 10k km mark. In fact i would end up selling the car way before any of these happen. I regretted selling my 2013 GT TSI and purchasing the Abarth however i do not regret my decision of selling the Abarth. To tell you the truth the first time i drove the Abarth in the city i decided that she must go. I'm really happy that i sold the Abarth.
This post of yours gives a lot of perspective with very less words.

Abarth is a gem of a car but unfortunately we don't have good roads and open highways, most importantly driving ethics even if we need to cruise the Abarth at 80 kmph.

It's an extremely good car for highway runs. But owning and selling of cars teaches one a lot about one's own priorities and likes. Enjoy the TSI.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 22:26   #137

Has anyone got a short shifter for the abarth?
Old 31st October 2018, 00:00   #138
BHPian

Re: The White Scorpion - Fiat Abarth Punto EDIT: Sold!

Aha! I just came across this thread after a long time. Felt sad that you sold off this beast. This is one of the threads that inspired me to go for Abarth (though I got Abarth UC) and the one that gave me enough confidence to book one right away without a test drive (new Jeep showroom, Vizag). I walked in, pointed my finger at this row in the price list table and asked for it. Simple.

I completed about 11k runs. And I agree with the point that this is a pure highway car. I did multiple highway runs and once during the early days of ownership, the ghats of AP-Chhattisgarh on a day trip to Chitrakoot waterfalls from Vizag. That drive is still is fresh in my mind.

During the 2weeks of wait time, I relished re-reading this thread and the Wildy's white UC thread.
jagan88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 12:43   #139
BHPian

Re: The White Scorpion - Fiat Abarth Punto EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan88 View Post
Aha! I just came across this thread after a long time. Felt sad that you sold off this beast.
Glad that my thread inspired your Abarth Urban Cross purchase. Its been more than 5 months since I sold the Abarth and to tell you the truth I don't miss it one bit. The saying "horses for courses" comes to my mind when I think about the Abarth Punto as it was more enjoyable on highway/ghats rather than everyday driving. The Abarth Punto could've been a great all-round car however Fiat messed things up with that terrible 5 speed gearbox when the car really deserved a 6 speed gearbox. A car may have a lot of horses however how those horses are delivered to the wheels also matters a lot and that's where the gearbox comes into play. Even though the car had 212 Nm of torque on tap, the low end torque in higher gears was just pathetic and necessitated dropping it down to first and second on a regular basis in city traffic. My dad's Hyundai Xcent with just 85 odd horses does a stellar job in city traffic compared to this "145 bhp" hot hatchback from Fiat The moment I purchased the Abarth and drove it around in the city I was totally frustrated and I was just waiting for the right time to sell it. There are a few brands that I've written off and vowed to never go back to again no matter what and thanks to the Abarth experience, Fiat joins that club.
chase_nt is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks