Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2016, 21:01   #31
BHPian

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT

Hi ,wanted to ask you as an owner of ecosport at,how do think it stands as a city vehicle for my better half in comparison to polo gt tsi as they are in the same price band?

Last edited by drchernish : 9th November 2016 at 21:02.
Old 10th November 2016, 09:22   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi ,wanted to ask you as an owner of ecosport at,how do think it stands as a city vehicle for my better half in comparison to polo gt tsi as they are in the same price band?
From a convenience point of view, the EcoSport AT is a delight to drive in the cities. It is 4m so parking isn't that much of an issue as it would be for a sedan. Comparable with a hatch though.

Now coming specifically to the Polo GT TSI vs EcoSport AT comparison: the one issue could be the ease and comfort level your spouse has in driving in SUVish vehicle vs a typical low slung hatch.

Parking camera and sensors make backing up/parking relatively easy.

If the tall seating position doesn't bother her in terms of road visibility, I'd strongly recommend the EcoSport over the Polo as it serves more value (carrying capacity for highway drives, ability to tackle bad roads).

A long TD of both should make the decision easier purely from a ease-of-driving standpoint.
Old 10th November 2016, 14:49   #33
BHPian

Thanks for quick reply but don't you think polo has better visibility than ecosport with its blind spots?Camera with screen has to be installed in both. Sorry for pestering you with questions since my wife is a newbie driver and don't want to mess her first encounter with 4 wheels!
Old 10th November 2016, 14:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for quick reply but don't you think polo has better visibility than ecosport with its blind spots?Camera with screen has to be installed in both. Sorry for pestering you with questions since my wife is a newbie driver and don't want to mess her first encounter with 4 wheels!
Also try out the new Honda Brio AT, I know a couple of women friends who have it & absolutely love it for its compactness, class & maneuverability. And excellent visibility from driver's seat & the rear. The new 2016 version also has improved equipment & interiors.
Old 10th November 2016, 15:08   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If she's just starting out driving, and it will be used only in the city, why not consider other hatches such as Brio, Grand i10, i20, Jazz?

My wife has just starting driving as well, and although EcoSport does need some getting used to, its not a deal breaker as such.

When I was in the market, I wanted something that could be used comfortably for highway runs so didn't consider hatches.
Old 24th February 2017, 15:38   #36
Team-BHP Support

Eight months and we're at the 7500 kms mark now and the EcoSport continues to go about its duties. There's not a lot to report as such because both, the usage and ownership experience, seems to be routine.

The car was not in use for three months else the odo would be higher. The battery did its job without hesitation after the break. I had filled up all the tyres to 35 psi; after three months, it had got down to only about 34 psi.

Couple of observations:

- When it comes to FE, it seems to be especially sensitive when you cross 80 km/hr. On highway runs, I see a healthy 15-16 kmpl when I keep the needle below 90 km/hr. I consciously avoid triple digit speeds but even with 90-100, I see a drop.

- At times, I keep the key in the storage cubes near the handbrake and on occasion when I've forgotten to take it, realized so when the doors wouldn't lock through the proximity sensor. Nifty feature. You can't lock the cars through the proximity sensors on the door if the key is inside the car.

- The headlight will be taken care of soon; highway drives at night are simply uncomfortable due to poor throw.

I recently got a Transcend DP220 dashcam for the car:

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-img_0094.jpg

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-img_0093.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th February 2017 at 15:39.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 08:38   #37
Team-BHP Support

Roughly ten months and the 10k kms mark has been crossed.

This brought up the second free service; thought of getting wheel alignment/balancing done as well.

Second-free service:

- Oil and oil filter changed
- Air filter was just cleaned

Total cost: Rs. 1202/-

Wheel alignment/balancing and tyre rotation, at a tyre shop (Darshan Tyres, Baner):

- Did a 4-tyre rotation, the mechanic said the 5-tyre rotation could be done at 20k kms

Total cost: Rs. 800/-

The car sees a healthy 50:50 mix of highway and city driving and has performed well.

Nothing major to report as such; still dilly-dallying on the headlight issue though.
Old 10th May 2017, 16:48   #38
VMG
BHPian

Where did you buy DP 220 kit & cost and how did you fix it?
How about the warranty?
Old 10th May 2017, 19:03   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Where did you buy DP 220 kit & cost and how did you fix it?
How about the warranty?
I got it from the US on Amazon; only because of price. It cost me $ 135, the same was 13k INR then.

There was about a 4k INR price difference between the model in India and in the US. And I also got a 32gb memory card instead of 16.

The package comes with the 12V socket adapter so I use the 12V socket for power, no hard wiring.

Warranty of the dashcam? One year but since this product has been bought in the US, I don't know how it would work out if something goes wrong.

But, I'm *very* happy with the video and audio recording quality.
Old 28th May 2017, 10:10   #40
Team-BHP Support

Got the *much* needed lamp upgrade on my EcoSport.

There have been several BHPians who have got the XP Micro projectors fitted on their cars; one got it done on his EcoSport.

These projectors can be fit in the headlight unit or the fog lamp casing.

BHPian k.sumit got the 3 inch projectors in place of the fog lamps on his EcoSport, as did several others on a variety of cars. A bunch of us BHPians in Pune were talking about getting something similar done on our cars and spoke with Rajat (the Xenon Planet guy) and eventually finalized; someone from Mumbai would be coming over for installation.

Given the experience k.sumit had on his car: the 3 inch left barely only room for the fog lamp casing, we had first decided to get the 2.5inch fitted on mine. However, Rajat himself dispatched the 3inch as they'd be better.

The installer from Mumbai did a spectacular job in the fitting; he could get the 3inch to fit perfectly and the fog lamp cowling on top of that as well.

The throw is mind-blowing! Some pictures (below) highlight the difference between the limp stock headlight and the XP Micro.

I have *so* much more confidence in highway night driving now!

Total damage: 14k + 2.5k for installation

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-img_0492.jpg

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-img_0497.jpg

Headlight low beam only

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-img_0544.jpg

XP Micro low beam only

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-img_0545.jpg

Headlight high beam only

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-img_0543.jpg

Headlight + XP Micro high beam

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-img_0542.jpg

All the five cars that got them installed

Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT-screen-shot-20170528-10.05.35.png

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th May 2017 at 10:23.
libranof1987 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 13:33   #41
BHPian

Hello Libran, Where can I get the XP Micro istalled for my Ecosport in Bangalore ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Old 29th May 2017, 14:08   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Hello Libran, Where can I get the XP Micro istalled for my Ecosport in Bangalore ?
Take a look at this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4206273

You can get in touch with Naren; he's got them fitted in Bangalore.
Old 29th May 2017, 15:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats libran, on a fantastic upgrade. I am sure you will be able to light your way through the wild wild wastelands of HJW.
As you mentioned in your earlier post, looks like Zoomcar did ruin the orange shade for private owners. Hope you are enjoying the AT.

I will also look for a TD like our friend mikon did. For now, the knee calls for an auto tranny, the rest of me including my pocket doesn't.
Happy and safe mile crunching!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 23:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
That's a very desired upgrade, congrats.

Need couple of inputs:
  • Do you have the wiring diagram that I can refer to?
  • For low/high beam did you use another switch or how did you manage it?
Old 5th July 2017, 10:33   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
That's a very desired upgrade, congrats.
Yep! There's quite some confidence during night drives now. I barely need to turn on my headlights during city driving.

Quote:
[*]Do you have the wiring diagram that I can refer to?
Unfortunately, I don't.

Both XP and the installer mentioned that the Micro on EcoSport is plug-and-play so not very complicated w.r.t. wiring as such. The only wiring they need is connecting the Micro high beam to the headlight high-beam, I believe.

Quote:
[*]For low/high beam did you use another switch or how did you manage it?

The low beam comes on when you switch on the fog lamp (through the fog lamp switch next to headlamp leveler)

The XP Micro high beam is connected to the headlight high beam; so the XP Micro high beam will come on *if* the headlight is switched on and on high beam.

You can't have the high beam on XP Micro without the headlight being switched on and on high beam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks