Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 13:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Tanveer which photoshoot is happening and where.
Ill probably go visit him by this weekend to sort his rat issue with tar brush, So if we get a chance we might to a small photoshoot too, Join in if you can, Will let you know when ill be going.
Old 26th August 2016, 21:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Had a nice trip to Silvassa last weekend. It was a meet for Fiat owners of MH and GJ. Met a lot of like minded people and had chance to drive on the superb highway.

Met up with fellow bhpian and another Abarth owner. Compared notes and had a nice chat about our cars. The stars of the day however were the three Palios. The grey one was absolutely drool worthy.

Travelled around 370 kms in total and enjoyed 360 kms of it. The 10 kms that were a chore were on the return journey before the Vasai creek bridge where a stuck vehicle was blocking 50% of the road leading to a jam.

Sorry for the lack of quality and more pictures, but I was occupied drooling all the cars or driving

Some random pics -

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228051.233241.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228072.096729.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228088.997529.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228102.480273.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228124.382267.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228137.418176.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228152.116872.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228172.799182.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228191.885702.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228215.608338.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228241.157979.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228257.961458.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228273.590808.jpg

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472228298.366209.jpg
blackwasp is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 08:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
The stars of the day however were the three Palios. The grey one was absolutely drool worthy.
Nice clicks Kanad. Having two Abarth's in the midst might be giving the Palio's some goose bump. I hope the Abarths stuck to their true nature and roasted the other Fiat cars during the drive.

Its a pity we could not meet at the Fountain hotel where all Mumbai & Pune Fiat cars had assembled. BTW who is the gray haired gentlemen driving the Abarth (yours?) ??
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 09:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Its a pity we could not meet at the Fountain hotel where all Mumbai & Pune Fiat cars had assembled. BTW who is the gray haired gentlemen driving the Abarth (yours?) ??

Thanks, let's catch up sometime. Would love to meet you. The grey haired person would be my dad. He too loves the Abarth and quite happy with her performance.

Don't know about roasting other Fiats as I stuck to driving sedately on the highways.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 10:08   #50
BHPian

Well I have been closely following the updates of the event elsewhere, its great to see some wonderful pictures here too :-).

Loved the small Punto on your dashboard, where did you get it from.

cheers,
pradeep.
Old 29th August 2016, 15:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post

Loved the small Punto on your dashboard, where did you get it from.

Hi Pradeep,
I got that car for a couple of pounds from UK (online) . A friend was coming , so asked him to bring it with him.
Old 31st August 2016, 10:08   #52
BHPian

Thats a great write up with good details. I am eyeing on buying the Abarth Punto hopefully in a few months time (waiting for GST to kick in). I have 2 questions please pardon me if they already have been answered.

Can you buy Abarth Punto from any Fiat dealership? I am in Mumbai so the closest one appears to be in Pune. Annoying but I am willing to overlook that for this gem of a car!

You did mention that the car is getting serviced by the workshops in Navi Mumbai and Panvel, do you have to mention that its a Abarth Punto and not regular Punto? I mean do you face any issues with the service?

Other members please feel free to give your thoughts as I love the way the Abarth looks and have only heard good things about it.
Old 31st August 2016, 13:13   #53
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronz_2507 View Post
Can you buy Abarth Punto from any Fiat dealership? I am in Mumbai so the closest one appears to be in Pune. Annoying but I am willing to overlook that for this gem of a car!
Other members please feel free to give your thoughts as I love the way the Abarth looks and have only heard good things about it.
Even I am in the same boat as you and have already taken a test drive from the Pune dealership earlier this month.
Yes, you can buy the car from any FIAT dealership and they will give you the CRTM, but you'll have to do the registration and pay the octroi in Mumbai. Although when inquired the guy who accompanied me for the test drive told me that they will have someone to get it done in Mumbai, but the guy who showed me the financials said that they'll provide the CRTM and I'll have to get the other formalities done.

If you can wait till GST kicks in, which I believe will happen only by next year, you might have a FIAT-Chrysler dealership in Mumbai by then, cause as per reports a dealership will come up before Diwali in October and I guess will sell both FIAT as well as the Jeep models.
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 13:26   #54
Senior - BHPian

From Grande Punto to the Abarth Punto

Quote:
You did mention that the car is getting serviced by the workshops in Navi Mumbai and Panvel, do you have to mention that its a Abarth Punto and not regular Punto? I mean do you face any issues with the service?

First service due in 2 months . But the service center guy is known to me since my old Punto days and is very knowledgeable. I didn't face any issues so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Even I am in the same boat as you ...

If you can wait till GST kicks in, which I believe will happen only by next year, you might have a FIAT-Chrysler dealership in Mumbai by then...

If you want to Abarth, anytime is a good time to buy it. Regarding self registration, it's very easy if you can spare a day max. Most RTOs are helpful and can get your work done quickly. Just ensure proper CRTM papers, insurance invoice etc.

When I got her, there wasn't even a single service center in Mumbai region, and now we have 2+. So I'm sure Fiat will have a dealership sooner than later but when is a big question.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 14:06   #55
BHPian

Many Thanks I shall definitely be following this thread. If there is a dealership in Mumbai before GST time and please FIAT please please dont discontinue this car. I shall be buying a white one definitely by early next year!!
Old 14th September 2016, 16:46   #56

Mod note: Post Edited to fix Quotes, please do a Preview before Submitting. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
First service due in 2 months . But the service center guy is known to me since my old Punto days and is very knowledgeable. I didn't face any issues so far.

How has your service experience been? I was planning on booking the Abarth Punto, after lots of confusion. The OTR was around 11.20, but after a bit haggling I got it down to 11.80 and got them to throw in a rear camera. Also how does the car feel after the initial excitement? Would you recommend it?

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th September 2016 at 16:50. Reason: Fixing Quotes. Thanks.
Anirudhneni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 18:25   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Many Thanks I shall definitely be following this thread. If there is a dealership in Mumbai before GST time and please FIAT please please dont discontinue this car. I shall be buying a white one definitely by early next year!!
For a country like ours where FE means everything, these cars come once in a decade. Having said that, it shouldn't be discontinued soon, but you never know what Fiat is capable of So better get hold of the beast asap from Pune and then burn some rubber.

Also GST doesn't guarantee that the prices would come down. The manufacturer's cost might come down, but that doesn't guarantee a decrease in price and even if it does, it would take it's own sweet time.

Last edited by Waspune : 14th September 2016 at 18:30.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
More than the car getting discontinues, the higher probability is of the dealer giving up the dealership and shutting shop.

My uncle, who had shortlisted Abarth Punto and S-Cross DDiS 320, in that order, had to go with the latter simply because the Trivandrum dealership shut shop
Old 14th September 2016, 20:02   #59
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs as much as my heart yearns for the abarth my brain keeps arguing are you sure you can live with all this?? My wallet on the other hand has clearly surrendered saying not this year buddy
Old 15th September 2016, 12:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudhneni View Post
The OTR was around 11.20, but after a bit haggling I got it down to 11.80 and got them to throw in a rear camera.
Dear Anirudhneni,

Are you sure you brought down the OTR from 11.20 to 11.80?

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks