Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Shifting from the Marutis to my 1st Hyundai - The Grand i10 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Neeraj, Would you recommend this car today as well? My main concern is with the absence of ABS in Sportz variant. I will occasionally use the car for highway rides.
I certainly would recommend this car today too, Satishv.
But I would suggest you explore the Baleno cvt too. It is slightly larger than this car and would be a good car if that is the only car you plan to keep. It has better fuel efficiency figures within city limits too.
The Gi10 delivers around 10-11 kmpl in city which could be a bummer.
The Baleno we have in the family returns about 13 kmpl in crazy traffic and upwards 16-17 kmpl on highways.

Personally, I feel that the Gi10 has a better feel than the Baleno overall.
The Sportz variant does come with airbags, that I know. Not having ABS while on highway trips - well, I wouldn't recommend that.

Please do post your purchase decision
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 17:28   #32
BHPian

Re: Shifting from the Marutis to my 1st Hyundai - The Grand i10 Automatic

A quick update on my secondary ride's second service.
So this one was the one where you change fluids. Very fuss free experience.
There was a complaint I had though. There was a kind of a sound, if i have to describe it, a tennis ball inside a steel dabba - from the front right.
I suspected either the steering rack, dampers or coil to be at fault and promptly notified that this was supposed to be taken care of.

The car has merely done 3300 kms and this noise was reported in the first service/check-up too.

The car was kept at the service station for a day and a certain bush was changed. It led to reduced noise but still not as silent as a similar car we used which had about the same number of kms clocked - was a manual variant though.

The SA agreed to look into it provided I drop in the car with them again for a day or so.
The bush replacement was done under warranty.

There was a surprise that awaited me though ->
Shifting from the Marutis to my 1st Hyundai - The Grand i10 Automatic-img_20170803_144653.jpg

This was the way the car was kept ready when I went to claim it. Very thoughtful considering that the service center has very limited covered parking spots. To claim your car spot free and dry (in a rainy season) was a treat.
Interestingly, they had acted upon a negative remark I had made during the first visit. They have an open parking lot which is not paved. End result, you get your car dusty and they had to re-wash it before being delivered. This took like 20 mins minimum each time. This plastic sheet costs them about Rs. 10-15 in bulk quantities and they've already seen some good savings on water, soap, wax and labor.

Also adds to the customer experience - it was certainly a wow factor for me!
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks