Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2016, 13:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Old saké in a new cup : Meet my 2016 Honda Brio AT Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Sajo, with a traditional torque converter the system (the two halves connected to the flywheel and gearbox respectively) takes a few seconds to come up to speed. Hence you will need to be gentle with the gas pedal.
Have been practising these for my i10 AT since 2012.
Regards
Nikhil
How much is the i10 AT returning in city conditions ? My first calculated tankful returned 10.55 kmpl , with careful driving , 100% AC , and about 1 hour of first gear crawl everyday.
Old 10th November 2016, 12:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
How much is the i10 AT returning in city conditions ? My first calculated tankful returned 10.55 kmpl , with careful driving , 100% AC , and about 1 hour of first gear crawl everyday.
Sajo, mine hunts between 8 & 9. I dump in 30 ltrs of fuel and this thing covers 270 280 kms on a good day with me in good mood. When things are bad, i thrash it and the distance goes down to 260.

Paying the price for convenience.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 16:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Update : Got the first (free) service over the weekend. Took an appointment at Deccan Honda for their "express" service, and was out of there in about 3.5 hours. Which is pretty long , considering that it was express. As it was mainly an inspection , it was more of an item to be ticked in the warranty checklist.
The odo stood at ~750 kms , and the car seems to have "learned" my style of driving. Or the other way round. The shifts are much crisper now almost as if on a cue, and the FE has gone marginally up. I am getting about 11.5kmpl after the second tankful, not too far off from the MID figure of 11.7kmpl. My left leg thanks me everyday when there is a 1 hour or so first gear crawl to and from office.
Old 30th December 2016, 20:59   #34
BHPian

Hello Sajo
Hows the Brio treating you ?
Mine has done juat 1200 Km and i seem to have started relishing the agility of the car. The engine ia more eager now and i think gear shifts are smoothing up with time. Fuel efficiency stands at 16.8 from MID. Best part is that people don't expect Brio to outpace them many times and get surprised when they see such a small car gathering paces.☺
zoom_vroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hello Sajo
Hows the Brio treating you ?
Mine has done juat 1200 Km and i seem to have started relishing the agility of the car.
Hey Zoom_vroom , the Brio is going good. Ours too has just ~1500 KMs on the odo , and the engine is simply another animal past 3000 rpm. The kickdowns on the AT are smooth and quick. The Fuel efficiency too is up to 12.5 KMPL as per the MID , which would be around 11.xx in real world. It is currently being used for very short hops of 2 Kms one way, so I expect the FE to drop a bit.
Old 30th January 2017, 11:54   #36
BHPian

My wife's Brio AT bought in June '14 displays around 10-12 in city traffic in Pune. Drives outside Pune to Mumbai etc. display about 16-19kms per litre. Once I tried driving as per the ECO indicator and it returned about 21kmpl...

Couple of things I do

-Air pressure is about 2 PSI higher than whats mentioned on the sticker
- I change the air filter element every 4-5 k Kms.
- As someone earlier mentioned, you have be easy on the throttle and let the car glide itself most of the times
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 15:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Completed 4 months uneventful (in a very good way) ownership period. The car has not been used much because I am the only driver for both cars for the past couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
My wife's Brio AT bought in June '14 displays around 10-12 in city traffic in Pune. Drives outside Pune to Mumbai etc. display about 16-19kms per litre. Once I tried driving as per the ECO indicator and it returned about 21kmpl...

Couple of things I do

-Air pressure is about 2 PSI higher than whats mentioned on the sticker
- I change the air filter element every 4-5 k Kms.
- As someone earlier mentioned, you have be easy on the throttle and let the car glide itself most of the times
My FE too has settled in the 12.1x KMs range. I do the Hinjewadi run, where the traffic is horrendous, to say the least, and many times results in atleast half an hour of first gear crawl each way. In a similar cycle , my Swift returns about 14.xx kmpl. I drive in the "eco" mode most of the times though.
I too overfill the tires by a couple of PSI , but that is because I find the ride to be slightly better that way.
Old 17th February 2017, 20:06   #38
BHPian

Thats good to hear. My Brio is just about 2000 clicks.It is used sparingly. I am not sure how but my City shoes better efficiency compared to Brio. It can be that i push the Brio a lot more compared to the City or the mileage may improve post 2nd service.
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:17   #39
BHPian

#Sayo; #zoom_vroom

Trust me, I am writing here after a long time!

Anyhow...

... much like zoom_vroom, I am a proud owner of a brand new Red Brio with a VX badge. I happened to stumble upon this thread while I was checking for some info on the Brio. I had a question to the both of you. While Sajo - you complained about having insulation on one side of the underbonnet, you'd be surprised to know I don't have any or is it that MT models don't rev as hard as AT that Honda decided to completely omit this? Zoom_vroom, do you have any insulation present under the hood, please confirm? I got my lady in red in Oct' 16, like you guys.
Trueintrepid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 22:24   #40
BHPian

No man even i didn't get it on my Brio. Only VX AT has it as i saw in the car. Plan to get it for my car in next service even though the car is quite silent. My only gripe with the car is its short exterior dimensions which make it feel like a segment lower.
zoom_vroom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 14:45   #41
BHPian

Great to read this review. I have a 2012 Brio AT and it is running great. You are right that it is a great car if you have a specific set of needs.

Brio really proves it self on open roads also. I did a long Bangalore - Goa- Pune and back trip in Brio and it runs really great on highways due to its low stance and punchy engine.
neeravnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 12:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post
..insulation on one side of the underbonnet, you'd be surprised to know I don't have any or is it that MT models don't rev as hard as AT that Honda decided to completely omit this? Zoom_vroom, do you have any insulation present under the hood, please confirm? I got my lady in red in Oct' 16, like you guys.
You can ask the A.S.S. to have one from the AT fitted onto your car. Shouldnt be too expensive, they might resist saying its not factory spec though.

Good to see a few owners here, because out there on the road, I have seen only one other facelift Brio here in Pune, in 6 months after its launch. Honda has certainly priced themselves out of the market, me feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
My only gripe with the car is its short exterior dimensions which make it feel like a segment lower.
My gripe is the absence of a cabin air filter! The summer months are making the car smell terrible when the AC is switched on. The only solution is to open the windows for some time until the smell goes away. I was unaware that Honda would miss something as basic as this , and searched around a bit only after it started smelling foul with the rising temperatures.

Here is a solution Cabin Filter DIY.
I plan to ask about this in my upcoming 2nd service.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 12:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
You can ask the A.S.S. to have one from the AT fitted onto your car. Shouldnt be too expensive, they might resist saying its not factory spec though.

Good to see a few owners here, because out there on the road, I have seen only one other facelift Brio here in Pune, in 6 months after its launch. Honda has certainly priced themselves out of the market, me feels.

My gripe is the absence of a cabin air filter! The summer months are making the car smell terrible when the AC is switched on. The only solution is to open the windows for some time until the smell goes away. I was unaware that Honda would miss something as basic as this , and searched around a bit only after it started smelling foul with the rising temperatures.

Here is a solution Cabin Filter DIY.
I plan to ask about this in my upcoming 2nd service.
Same here, i have seen only 1 or 2 facelifted Brio. My heart fills with joy when i see a new one on road amongst hoards of Grand i10's .
My car is due for second service this April. Nothing much to report just the infamous driver door power window switch rattle, which i have been bearing in my City-2010 also.
Rest is all fine with the car.
Old 5th April 2017, 12:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

I am spared of rattles so far. #TouchWood.
The other car being a Swift, I know a thing or two about rattles!
Old 6th April 2017, 17:14   #45
BHPian

Quote:
You can adjust the fan speed, the cooling/heating (do we even need that?) levels , the fan modes to suit your preferences. It also comes with a button marked as "Max Cool" , which is boon if your car is left out in the sun. Note the much maligned sliding recirculation switch.
The AC performance itself is quite good, and will give you no reason to complain at all. It is not as efficient in rapidly cooling things as my Swift's ACC , but good nonetheless.

Thanks for the neat review. I just picked up a red VX AT yesterday. A Feb 2017 make. My take:
  • The rear tires seem a little mis-aligned. My OCD got triggered when I was taking delivery and I noticed that the rear tires were not exactly parallel to the straight line. They seemed as if they cambered out a bit. I insisted on getting it mounted on an automatic wheel alignment machine and they did it for me and showed me that the readings were all within permissible limits. Any idea?
  • As you pointed out, there's no illumination on the gear shift positions. Very irritating at times.
  • The engine is so much fun! The response is so crisp and I haven't had any lag or hesitation at any speed any rev range. Will be interesting to drive it to Bangalore on the highway from Hyderabad to see out it fares in deep water.
  • Did you notice that the engine fan keeps turning on very often when the AC is on? While I was driving the car back from the dealership last night, I noticed that the fan keeps tripping and coming on ever so often.
  • The ergonomics are so good. I love the seating position, I love the seat adjustment, I love the lumbar support, and the steering position adjustment just makes it so snug and comfy.
  • Suspension is more than satisfactory. Feels very mature over bumps and holes.
Will post a detailed review soon
ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks