Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 20:05   #16

Re: My Renault Duster Petrol - One of a kind!

Quote:
Ecosport- The Ecosport is a good car and I was interested in the petrol automatic but it had a waiting period of 6-8 months and no test drive car which was really ridiculous. So ruled this out. The sales executive also did not seem eager to take my contact details. I think he already had lots of customers. I also visited Metro Ford on St. Marks road where the dealer offered me a test drive immediately.
This is not the first time I am hearing or reading about Ecosport. Pity that such a brilliant car has such poor sales force behind it. I had a similar experience at Ellite Ford Marathalli and St Marks road Bangalore and finally ended up buying from Lathangi Ford JP Nagar Bangalore.
Old 24th January 2017, 20:13   #17
BHPian

Appreciate the honest review. Was looking for a review of 1.6 Petrol Duster. Your review provided all answers. Cheers
Old 24th January 2017, 23:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
I checked out the Duster in June 2016, guess they deleted it by then, checked with the Duster Dealer he said it was only available in Diesel.
Wow!! That's a real shocker. Why would they remove a safety feature? Beats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvenky74 View Post
The difference is 6th gear and an extra kmpl of mileage.

100 in creta comes @ 2500RPM because of 6th.
Is this a petrol engine? My colleague has also taken the Creta petrol and is very happy. Yes the 6th gear makes me super jealous Gives more efficiency and helps in highway cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshsurroach View Post
This is not the first time I am hearing or reading about Ecosport. Pity that such a brilliant car has such poor sales force behind it.
There are certain showrooms of all car brands that are like this. The Volkswagen apple auto is another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayadalam View Post
Appreciate the honest review. Was looking for a review of 1.6 Petrol Duster. Your review provided all answers. Cheers
My pleasure
Old 25th January 2017, 10:46   #19

I had always fancied about Petrol Duster in AWD Avatar. We don't have it in here nor I am sure if Europe gets it but still I always think that If there would have been something like this I would have preferred over any Diesel wannabe SUV.
I think Petrol duster is very understated car, and When it fakes it of SUV it fakes it real good, better than any of the cross out there.

Rohanak, Thanks for putting your views on the same. You being owner of a car I can trust your every word on it. I am sure being petrol duster she would enjoy less maintenance costs, comparatively simple maintenance schedule, long reliable life span and for you less things to care of.
paragp2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 17:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Not so soon I guess. May be I might think after about 35000km. I don't know why my car came with Apollo tyres while almost all Dusters have MRF wanderer tyres. Probably I should have traded these tyres on the first day for Michelin.
That's exactly what I did to my Apollo tyres on the very first day of my EcoSport and got a decent 3.5k return per tyre. Running on Michelin Primacy 3 ST, 15000kms and going good.
aabhimanyu04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 18:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragp2006 View Post
I had always fancied about Petrol Duster in AWD Avatar.
Definitely needs a better engine. The only worry is further drop in mileage. In a country where fuel prices increase every 15 days I don't see future for a fuel guzzling petrol 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragp2006 View Post
Rohanak, Thanks for putting your views on the same. You being owner of a car I can trust your every word on it. I am sure being petrol duster she would enjoy less maintenance costs, comparatively simple maintenance schedule, long reliable life span and for you less things to care of.
Maintenance costs haven't been too high but I will get to know in a couple of months when she is due for paid service For the 12000kms I drive in a year this car works out well for me.
Old 26th January 2017, 19:05   #22
Team-BHP Support

Great to see this review. No doubt about the ride quality. Inspite of the 4 years I have owned this one, I am still wowed by that factor. Every we hit the highway, there it shows up again. The ride quality is a direct influence on how low the fatigue levels can be.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 22:24   #23
BHPian

Great Review Rohan.Looking forward to some travelogues made on your chariot soon!
vijayols is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 12:34   #24
BHPian

Hi Rohan,
Iam in a similar predicament, but today I've more options. Still Duster is on the top of my list. I've been driving a santro for last 12 years and over 1L km on the odo; with just a clutch overhaul, belt change and tyrr change being major work.

I want want to know how the Duster petrol ages over time and the associated cost. Iam sold on the Duster but it's the Renault and Renault petrol engine iam worried about.

Any word will be of great help
Old 4th December 2019, 00:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _abhay_ View Post
I want want to know how the Duster petrol ages over time and the associated cost. Iam sold on the Duster but it's the Renault and Renault petrol engine iam worried about.

Any word will be of great help
It is actually a Nissan 1.5 petrol engine And is fairly reliable as it is Japanese. There are a few threads from BHPians who own this petrol variant. A read on them will help you.
Old 4th January 2022, 22:49   #26

It was a great read, thanks for information. I can confidently say that most of the points that you have put are true. While I love driving it in city, I was quite dissatisfied with its highway performance. I don't like the throw of stock headlights. Good for new owners, they have shifted the side view mirror adjustment knob to the driver side door now

Since this thread is 4 years old now, please tell us more about your ownership experience so far. Do you still have it ? Any advice for new owners ?

I purchased a Duster (RXZ Petrol) last month only (Dec 2021, was getting a good deal).

It's dated now, and getting a petrol SUV, that is discontinued and has bad fuel economy doesn't sound wise to begin with, but I have always dreamt of getting this car. Since I was going to exchange my Kwid, it also seemed natural.

I extensively searched the Team-BHP forums and rest of the internet for its reviews and information, but sadly there's none . There was no reviews and information on Team-BHP for this car. Couple of post here and there. There is not even a single proper review video of this car on the entire YouTube (the available videos only talk about its price and features). In the end, I just chose to listen to my heart and go for it. Now, everyone I meet makes me feel that I made a mistake as it has been discontinued, and because of its not-so-impressive mileage.
Attached Thumbnails
My Renault Duster Petrol - One of a kind!-img20211215wa0006.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks