Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2017, 17:49   #16
BHPian

Update: Since I had to do a 1200 kms trip I had to give Shivam for 1st service yesterday. Totally impressed with the service center!! Today came to Chennai. It was a total breeze to drive the car and the AMT didn't pose any troubles or challenges! Unfortunately due to my mistake there is a dent and scratches on bonnet. Once back to Bangalore I will check with service center on repairing/ replacement
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 07:33   #17
BHPian

Updates from my recent trip. Did a trip from Bangalore->Chennai->Tiruppur->Bangalore. While going to Chennai had a small dent on my bonnet. I got that fixed in Tiruppur. Overall I am totally satisfied with AMT performance in highways. I was able to touch speeds of 120kmph easily. Average mileage was around 17 kmpl with 100% AC usage. Totally completed around 1200kms in this trip and right now odometer stands at 1800+kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1488765551986.jpg  

Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1488765562812.jpg  

Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1488765679128.jpg  

Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1488765694824.jpg  

sairamboko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 19:05   #18
BHPian

re: Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold

Congrats on your new car. I am also planning to book an Alto Vxi AMT (O) and your review was very helpful. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Did a trip from Bangalore->Chennai->Tiruppur->Bangalore.
I am a bit surprised that you took Alto on such a long trip I am a little scared of taking it to the highway (and definitely not 120kmph) having read about the safety ratings etc.
psankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 19:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psankar View Post
Congrats on your new car. I am also planning to book an Alto Vxi AMT (O) and your review was very helpful. Thanks.

I am a bit surprised that you took Alto on such a long trip I am a little scared of taking it to the highway (and definitely not 120kmph) having read about the safety ratings etc.
Congrats on your booking! I touched 120kmph and my standard speeds were between 90 - 110kmph. In the highways I didnt feel any shaking or any nervous kind of situations. Alto handling was good in highways. Braking was also good. Overall I am satisfied with this pocket rocket as some tbhpians have been calling it
Old 27th April 2017, 09:28   #20
BHPian

I have taken delivery of the elusive Alto K10 AMT and took it on a long Bangalore->Salem->Chidambaram->Karaikal->Chidambaram->Thiruvannamalai->Bargur->Bangalore trip. The odo reads 1005 km in just about a week. Your review thread was of very good help. Thanks. I bought it from RNS motors btw.

I have two questions though. 1) When I open the driver's door, sometimes there is a feeble noice. It is like an alarm but of very very low volume and it lasts for about 10 seconds or so and then it stops. The salesperson had no clue what it is. (2) What accessories have you purchased for your vehicle and where ? I am thinking of adding 3M floor mats; rexin seat covers and remote lock using the keyfob (to lock the doors) from Maruti Genuine Accessories.
Old 27th April 2017, 10:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I have taken delivery of the elusive Alto K10 AMT and took it on a long Bangalore->Salem->Chidambaram->Karaikal->Chidambaram->Thiruvannamalai->Bargur->Bangalore trip. The odo reads 1005 km in just about a week. Your review thread was of very good help. Thanks. I bought it from RNS motors btw.

I have two questions though. 1) When I open the driver's door, sometimes there is a feeble noice. It is like an alarm but of very very low volume and it lasts for about 10 seconds or so and then it stops. The salesperson had no clue what it is. (2) What accessories have you purchased for your vehicle and where ? I am thinking of adding 3M floor mats; rexin seat covers and remote lock using the keyfob (to lock the doors) from Maruti Genuine Accessories.
Congrats on your new car!! Regarding your questions:

1. The noise is nothing but AMT activating itself. Whenever the door is opened, it wont start. If the engine is already started and you have the driver's door opened, then whatever may be gear poistion of AMT, it wont start moving. You need to close the door and press & release the brake for the car to get moving.

2. Regarding accessories- i got the seat cover only, for which I paid extra. Rest all like the side& bumper beadings, revers parking sensors, underbody chasis coat were given as freebies by the dealer for me. I felt the remote key system to be costly. Dealer quote around 10k for that. Hence I didnt go with that.
sairamboko is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new Ride! Wish you many happy miles with it - great to see that you have done some highway runs on it as well

I was curious about one thing - did you consider the Renault Kwid AMT during your selection process? In recent trends, the Kwid seems to have pulled away a good number of Maruti customers and hence the question.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 13:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Congratulations on the new Ride! Wish you many happy miles with it - great to see that you have done some highway runs on it as well

I was curious about one thing - did you consider the Renault Kwid AMT during your selection process? In recent trends, the Kwid seems to have pulled away a good number of Maruti customers and hence the question.
Thank you! I didn't consider the Kwid because it doesn't have a creep function in AMT.
Old 24th May 2017, 15:00   #24
BHPian

Hi Sairamboko, How much tyre pressure do you keep for city drives and for highway runs ?
Old 24th May 2017, 16:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sairamboko, How much tyre pressure do you keep for city drives and for highway runs ?

Hi psankar - I keep 35 psi for both city and highways.

BTW a quick update on FE figures. I got 18.5 kms/ltr during my latest tank fill. Really happy with the figures!!
sairamboko is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 12:25   #26
BHPian

Update- 5000 kms Completed and 2nd free service completed.

Service Advisor did a mistake. He said wheel balancing needs to be done and I said I will do it outside. But he proceeded with it and charged me for it. I clearly told him while collecting my car that I wont pay and he spoke to his manager and got it waived. Service station was Pratham Motors, ORR Bangalore
Old 1st August 2017, 12:34   #27
BHPian

Completed 7000 kms so far. No issues till now. Loving the care even more now. Alto is totally a fun car to drive! No issues or niggles with AMT also.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 06:30   #28
BHPian

Completed 10,000 kms !! 3rd service was done around 9600 kms in anticipation of a trip, but that didn't happen. 3rd service cost was 4376. I added Door visor and an ac filter. Here are the photos.

P.S - photos being uploaded from mobile . Hence I am not able to rotate it.

Edit : mileage is around 18 kmspl in city ( my commute is 80% state highways ) and highway is around 19 with ac on.
Attached Thumbnails
Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1505955580279.jpg  

Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1505955592115.jpg  

Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1505955608929.jpg  

Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1505955620640.jpg  

Last edited by sairamboko : 21st September 2017 at 06:32.
sairamboko is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 11:01   #29
BHPian

Updates Updates!!

Finally got some time to update about my Shivam. ODO now stands at 17,650 kms. There has been pretty long trips recently. Shivam has been a pleasure to drive in highways. Below are some of the trip details:

1. Hosur - Salem - Namakkal - Madurai - Rajapalayam - Tenkasi - approx 550 kms one way. While returning back to Hosur, i started around 3:30am and reached Hosur by 11am. No traffic anywhere and cursing speeds of Alto, made the drive a pleasure.

2. Hosur - Salem - Namakkal - Musiri - Srirangam - Madurai - Rajapalayam - tenkasi and back to Hosur. Around 1300 kms approx.

Recently, the clutch judder issue cropped out too much. Did take the car to the service center and SA told clutch has to be replaced and is chargeable. Created a ruckus and another SA took over my case. Clutch set was replaced under warranty and now Shivam is back as new. He is peppier too. One thing i like about Maruti is the way they react and treat customer complaints. Hoping for more miles for Shivam.
sairamboko is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 15:17   #30
BHPian

It's with really heavy heart I say that I sold Shivam today !! Life gives you some sudden twists and not able to comprehend it. This is the 3rd car in my life that I have sold due to situations forcing me !! Not sure when I will ride a car of my own!! Cars maybe materialistic things, but only a true automobile lover knows this pain and why it's emotional! Sad day for me ! Some parting shots.

Mods : please close the thread
Attached Thumbnails
Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1516268793983.jpg  

Shivam - Our new fire brick red Maruti Alto AMT VXi (O) - Now Sold-1516268806753.jpg  

sairamboko is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks