Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2018, 13:46   #46
BHPian

Re: My bronze beast - Toyota Innova Crysta GX Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post

Which is a good ice you recommend for a new buyer - wanted it to run google maps and also have guidance lines for the rear camera.
Since you haven't got a response - let me jump in. I bought a 2.8G AT and got the JVC KW M-740BT installed with Focal speakers. There was some offer at the dealer on this HU and Focal speaker set (some 9K off)
Got it for 37K . You get the rear view camera with guide lines with this setup.

You can connect your Andriod phone via a USB cable and run Android Auto and use Google maps on the screen, It works pretty well.

The camera is installed on the rear bumper not under above the number plate as in the V and Z version. But it does its job.

I am no expert but the JVC Head Unit and the speakers with tweeters installed on the A pillar on the side do a good job (at least to my ears).

You might want to check out the Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT - I did not take this as there was no offer on this and was overall about 9K more expensive.

Thank you
Carrot Eater
carrot_eater is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
Major repairs done

Not everyday do you see a person telling you that he/she has done a major repair in the very first year of their ownership. Sadly, that's the case with us thanks to a dreamy TVS 50 guy on the highway.
Why did it cost 16,000 INR for such a small damage! paint seems to be intact without any scratches, am I missing something here ?

There was a HUGE dent on my swift and was quoted around 7K only for dent removal and paint touch-up, hence my query.
Old 12th August 2018, 19:40   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
What exactly was the issue and how did they resolve it?
To be honest, the SA couldn't give any satisfactory explanation as to how they rectified the issue. I didn't want to explore into the depths of the solution, as I was happy that the issue which was bothering us for a long time was finally rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post

Which is a good ice you recommend for a new buyer - wanted it to run google maps and also have guidance lines for the rear camera.
You can refer to the following thread for the same:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...va-crysta.html

Mine doesn't have navigation, so can't really comment on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Why did it cost 16,000 INR for such a small damage! paint seems to be intact without any scratches, am I missing something here ?
You say it costed 7k for your swift. Considering the size and cost difference between the two vehicles, it is reasonable to expect 16k for repairs in the Crysta. That's like owning a Mercedes/BMW and expecting the maintenance costs of maybe a Vitara Brezza.

Once again, I'm extremely sorry for the late replies, as I'm extremely busy these days.

Cheers,
Karthi.stark
karthi.stark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 01:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
When you go downhill, the Hill Descent control springs into action. You can feel and the vehicle automatically reducing the speed of the vehicle and moving at a constant speed once it starts going downhill. This was noticed on our way back from the photoshoot ( as I call it) for the report in Anaikatti, near Coimbatore.
Hello Karthi, very detailed review, thanks. I have one question, you mentioned your car is GX model, does it have a Hill Descent control at all. At least I am unable to find in specs and brochures. Or did your dad use the sports mode to limit the gear shift to lower gears while descending thereby bit allowing the gearbox to shift to higher gears. Please let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks