Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2018, 23:42   #46
BHPian

Re: Driven: Audi A3 1.4L Petrol (2017 Facelift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhastgir View Post
Hey guys,
I’m currently negotiating a deal on the Audi A3 Diesel.
With discount they’re offering 35.5 L for Technology & 33 L for Premium Plus.
When I mentioned that I'm open to either of the models and any colour, the SE said he has premium plus in stock in black and white which he's ready to reduce further.
According to him, they're both Mid 2018 models which he can negotiate on.
The problem is I don't have a parking space till January and can't take delivery. So he says if the amount is paid in full he can "book" the car and hand it over to me in January.
But, if I want to choose a colour, I pay the booking amount and then they'll place an order for the chosen model. But the price can't be negotiated any further.
What should I do? And how much lesser than the currently discounted price would be a good deal for the cars in stock?
They can very well hold the car for you and also drop the price further. The A3 hasnt sold all that and Audi India have alot of unsold stock at the moment. The only reason they are pushing you heavy is because they want to build their numbers before the year ends. I will always say go for top model as it is packed with a couple more extra features. They will easily drop the 35.5 L price if you play hard ball.

If you are waiting, why dont you look at the BMW 3 series. The BMW 3 (F30) will be replaced by the all new 3 (G20) very soon. Mostly by mid 2019 we should get the new 3 series in India. Trust me when I say you could get the current 3 series for the price you are buying the A3 before discount. Do note, the 3 series is better in every department than the A3. The 320d and 330i are both better performers on the black top and also have more room inside.

If you pick the A3, it aint a bad product tbh. But I would not buy it for over 30-33 lakhs for the technology variant. That is the price I would buy the A3 at. And I wouldnt pay full amount now. I would pay full amount when I am damn well and ready, which for you is January and not before. And if your Audi showroom cant do that, then I will walk over to the BMW guys and pick a spanking new 330i M sport for a little more. I am not very sure, but I will expect the 3 series to drop a little over 10-12 lakhs when BMW India clear stock. Sometimes these stock clearances happen overnight and the stock clears very quickly hence the noise about deal wont reach many. But all Luxury brands drop prices before year end so they can clear the current year inventory and make their cars sold number rise for that year and the other is near the current models replacement.

Hope this helps
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks