Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:20   #16

And finally the Head ruled over the Heart!

Hi GTO,

In fact I was keen on Verna since I was quite happy with Hyundai’ earlier product Santro which I own since 2000. Therefore I postponed the decision till Verna’s launch scheduled for 25 Sept in Delhi, perhaps too close to the deadline of 30 Sept I had set for myself to avail the full depreciation benefits for the yr. Since I needed a petrol version which was not available for test drive, the closer look was not possible. A test drive had changed my decision in case of Santro earlier. From the outside, like I mentioned earlier, aesthetics were not appealing to the senses. No exciting colours. Plus the delivery was not possible before 30th Sept. So its idea had to be dropped.

With an initial budget of 6-7L, I stretched to 7.8L for NHC and Corolla would hv stretched me by another 1.5L atleast.

Note from the Support Staff: Please do not use text formatting tags or copy-paste from a word processor.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th November 2006 at 03:09.
Old 3rd November 2006, 23:45   #17
BHPian

Congrats Ragg on the new car! Just completed 10k on my 8 month ZX Gxi - a comfortable, economical classic from Honda.
Old 4th November 2006, 14:35   #18

great write-up man!! expect follow ups soon
Old 4th November 2006, 15:13   #19
BHPian

very well written
and very well planned buy.
Old 4th November 2006, 17:30   #20
BHPian

RAGG, excellent write-up, and you have penned down your thought process admirably well. Congrats on your new purchase. Going by your standards, I hope your ownership report (when you post one) will be the most used reference for prospective Honda City buyers!!
Old 5th November 2006, 11:27   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn Good Review

congrats for the lovely car man. Its one of the best reviews i have seen in a long time. Very well thought out and written Kudos to you. Keep updating it as time passes with your experience with it

Do check out review of my new car too:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...km-report.html
Old 5th November 2006, 12:21   #22
BHPian

very informative review of all the car's . while driving the city i have noticed that its difficult to reach the drivers side seat belt as the location of the b pillar is too back to allow for the wide entry doors . anybody else faced the same problem is or are you supposed to be taller than 5.9" to buy it?
Old 5th November 2006, 15:40   #23

My head it tending to overrule the heart too!!

Ford Fiesta TDCi: I test drove the diesel Fiesta Exi. Loved it. It was smooth and 1st experience with a Diesel. But the Exi model did not have rear defogger (needed during the monsoon months). Though the car did not have the power but i was impressed with the expected FE (I expected it to give around 15 kpl in city). The letdown were the sales persons. They didn't seem too interested and i had to follow up quite a bit with them. Other two points raised by others did play a part too, namely, After sales service of Ford and Resale value after 3 years.

Verna: I test drove both the diesel and Petrol Vernas. I am quite impressed by the diesel version (bloody impressed but my wife was a bit wary as my chauffer tends to fly low even with my Maruti 1000). My heart says go for the diesel but my head says otherwise.
The petrol Xi has 4 differentiators from the topend xxi model (namely, Climate control, Alloy wheels, music system and leather touch ups). But the price difference between xi and VGT (Diesel) is about a Lakh plus.

Considering the price difference in fuel (approx Rs. 13 in Mumbai), I expect it to take me around 30+ months to offset the initial investment. (assumption made: FE in city - Petrol: 11 kpl, Diesel - 14kpl)

Hence the plan is to go with the head (i.e. Verna petrol xi), as currently money makes the world go round for me.

Before I ink the deal (by 10th Nov), I need to be sure on the fuel efficiency of Verna Petrol Xi & XXi.

Can somebody who owns a petrol verna (xi or xxi) share their experience with Fuel economy (specially couple of TBHP members who have gone in recently for the Verna)?
Old 11th November 2006, 02:48   #24
BHPian

RAGG, I think the way you thought of it was damn practical man! I venerate the way you have carved out your views and written them down, AMAZING.

Keep the post updated with your NHC experience.
Old 11th November 2006, 18:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ragg congrats on your new NHC. It was good writeup, nice to read, you made very good points about in the review.
Old 27th November 2006, 18:40   #26
BHPian

Good Write up!

I enjoyed the review, more so because, I was a Santro Owner and I also zeroed down to NHC and Fiat Adventure. In my case, while my wife kept on telling me to buy NHC (till the time we were at the dealership to give the cheque), I decided to go for an Adventure! I have been driving it for last 4 months and I must say, I didn't regret it for a day for not owning a NHC. I am extremely happy with the mileage for this monster apart from all other loads of PLUS of owning this car. I am getting 9+ kmpl with a/c on in Mumbai city.

Congrats on the new car to you!
Old 30th November 2006, 19:51   #27

Hey man, that's great. Holding on to yr own against all the practicality, surely needs some courage. Myself, I hv had no reason to regret my decision till date. Keep us updated.
Old 1st December 2006, 15:14   #28
BHPian

This is exactly how a car should be decided upon... really good writeup...

Congrats on your car. Interiors of NHC are in a totally different league of other cars you have mentioned.
Old 8th December 2006, 01:58   #29
BHPian

There is nothing much available in this price range 5-8 lacks But the honda city is the best possible option amongst what ever is available it only lacks a little bit of power but other wise its a very nice car
Old 8th December 2006, 14:06   #30
BHPian

Excellent writeup... Very methodical way to reach conclusion...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks