Team-BHP - From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   From a Honda City to a Fiat Linea T-Jet (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/189766-honda-city-fiat-linea-t-jet-2.html)

A well written and an honest report there :thumbs up
As others said, the T-JET is still a great competitor as far as performance is concerned with great feedback from the brakes, steering and of course the solid road manners.

Regarding the high ground clearance, you can get the pre-2012 suspension kit installed which should give you the best balance between ride and handling or a lowering spring for even better handling at the cost of some ride comfort.

Regarding the left pulling, I would advise you to go give Sky Motot a visit and talk to Javed there. I had this left pulling problem in my punto and he rectified it completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 4258341)
Very lovely honest write-up and a solid upgrade too :thumbs up That said, I have never heard of anyone speaking about Michelin Energys complimenting a car's cornering ability ever. I had a set of Energys and they would squeal their lungs out even on my Wagon R. Currently running Potenzas on my Wagon R which are a bit of an overkill because they far surpass the mechanical grip that my Wagon R has to offer. Look into buying some softer compound rubber as you clock more miles on your Linea. You will learn that there is a lot more to grip and cornering ability than how wide the tyres are ;)

+1

The XM series from Michelin are positioned towards mileage conscious buyers at the cost of some grip. They are low rolling resistance tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waspune (Post 4300551)
Regarding the left pulling, I would advise you to go give Sky Motot a visit and talk to Javed there. I had this left pulling problem in my punto and he rectified it completely.

Sky Moto Akurdi workshop? Need to fix the left pulling in my linea as well.

Many Congratulations on the Linea TJET. One helluva car at this price point with respect to safety, ride and handling. Welcome to the TJET club. More than 2 years of owning one and its a solid car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whencut86 (Post 4300621)
Sky Moto Akurdi workshop? Need to fix the left pulling in my linea as well.

Yes. Fiat has a 3-4 pages long circular that talks about the steps to be taken in order to arrest the left pulling in 2014 onwards Fiats. This might take time, for me it took 3-4 days, but it was rectified completely.

Very well written review indeed. Thanks a ton! Wish you a million happy miles on this car. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 4300506)
Wow. Never thought I will see a new Linea on this forum ever again. The car is so old as a model and still appeals. Takes some courage and love to buy a car like this today.

I am contemplating on buying this car too. Will be posting a detailed questionnaire once the Ecosport is launched. I would need help from existing / previous owners of the TJet Linea.

Quote:

Will give it a try very soon. Will talk to Javed.

Quote:

The XM series from Michelin are positioned towards mileage conscious buyers at the cost of some grip. They are low rolling resistance tyres.

I had only used GoodYear Assurance and Michelin and thought Michelins are better. I might be wrong. Appollos aren't great either. Will upgrade to something better as suggested by fellow BHPians a little later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankulk (Post 4301020)
I had only used GoodYear Assurance and Michelin and thought Michelins are better. I might be wrong. Appollos aren't great either. Will upgrade to something better as suggested by fellow BHPians a little later.

Enquire about Yokohama S.Drives they are usually stocked everywhere. If possible Hankook Ventus V12 Evos are a really good choice. Dunlop Direzzas are also solid entry level sport tyres if a bit hard to find. Run on any of these and you will notice an immediate difference in sheer levels of grip in both wet and dry conditions and braking. If these grippy sport tyres inspire you to mod your car with stiffer suspension, strut braces etc then once you wear out those tyres you can go to the next level which would be Yokohama Advans :thumbs up

Hey Buddy

It has been a long long time since I read an entire post with deep involvement. Firstly, I would compliment you on writing such a detailed post. I own the 2011 T-Jet and its been 6 years now, but I still do not feel like or want to change my car because of the way it drives and the features it carries or rather carried 6 years back. I could instantly relate to the test drive experience. I very well remember, that I had given the cheque for a Honda City V at that time to the dealer and it was just a casual lunch where we saw the Fiat showroom. My cousin had the old 1.4 Fire Engine Linea and I felt it was tremendously under-powered. I did not want to test drive a Linea. But, it was destiny that my cousin still took me to the Fiat Showroom for a test drive of the T-Jet.

It was a beige colored car and I still clearly remember, as soon as I accelerated the car into second gear, I had the ear to ear smile I can't forget. It had come to my face neither even test driving the City. It was instant love and I knew what I wanted. Your write-up reminded me of the test drive day wherein I was pushed to the seat when I accelerated and I knew I do not want to buy anything else now. Best of luck with the lovely choice of car you have bought and wishes for many more exciting years ahead. I am still contemplating on getting my car's power upgraded via a mod, but let's see when I do that. In any case, Cheers!!! to the great thread and an awesome car.

An excellent review!! Being a proud TJet Emotion 2015 owner, I can relate to almost everything that you have written. My car came with Apollo Acelere tires and not Alnac. Rest everything matches up with yours. The extra ground clearance is a boon while tackling uneven and patchy roads in my home town - that was one of the deciding factors between Honda City and Linea. I am not planning to change this impressive vehicle in the foreseeable future.

My Linea Multijet also pulls slightly to the left. Have to see if WA / WB will fix it.

Congrats on the buy. Great choice.

Congratulations on getting Tjet and welcome to the club.

I too have the 2010 Tjet and the power is something else and if one does not notice the speedo one can easily hit 110+ loved the writeup and wishing you happy safe miles with the jet, Safe flying below radar detection :)