Old 30th June 2018, 14:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Luxury meets power with my Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8 Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Interior- continued

A useful tray table is also provided
Attachment 1774930
Congrats on the new car. Handle those Trays with at most care, it cost 18000 to replace . My Colleague's son broke one of the latches and after hearing the price, he is looking to replace it outside the showroom.
vvvinod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 22:06   #17
BHPian

Nice review. Congratulations. Please share info about TPMS you installed.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 10:51   #18
BHPian

Well written Shreyas. Congrats on new car. You should look at changing the ICE of the car. It is quite terrible I agree.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 11:11   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. As always, most Innova users upgrade to a new Innova when the time comes. the competition just doesn't cut it out yet, although getting close slowly. The only good thing is that this time around, one can truly call it an upgrade since the new generation car has a drastically different feel to it, comes with multiple engine an gear options and is loaded to the grill with features.

BTW 5.5L for an 8 year old 2L+ kms run vehicle is still an unbelievable price. The total cost of ownership would be really low if you add in the service costs and other running costs, compared to most other vehicles. No doubt people are willing to shell out 20L+ for the new car since they know it won't depreciate as much as other vehicles out there.
Old 1st July 2018, 12:38   #20
BHPian

Hi Shreyas

Congratulations on your new ride. I have a few things that I would like to mention.

As TBhp members, we love our cars, loving driving and love discussing anything under the sky as long as it pertains to Automobiles. Keeping that in mind, I would never ever address my ride as a 'servant'. It hurt my sentiment towards the love of my vehicle.

I do not like the speedometer and rpm meters at all. Those long lines really spoil the look. Am pretty sure there are many more simple options which would look really classy.
Old 2nd July 2018, 21:11   #21
BHPian

Shreyas and Varun, job well done!

Shreyas, have heard a lot of stories about your Crysta from you. Good to see that she now has her own thread on Team-BHP, she deserves one!

Simply love the Crysta for what it is. Even from the point of view of an enthusiast, there's lots to love. A large engine (very unassuming, have seen the prowess of a 2.8 Crysta on the open highway which was being driven spiritedly and was keeping up with our Fiesta 1.6 quite well!), looks to kill (as good as it gets for an MPV this size) and of course the reliability that comes with the Toyota badge. The price is steep, but I feel that it will be well worth it in the long run for you since you tend to keep your cars for long. I have always had a soft corner for cars with a functional design which still manage to look astonishingly good. The Crysta is such a design.

Wish you lots of happy miles filled with luxury and power! Keep updating this thread and please do post some travelogues too!

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:02   #22
BHPian

Thanks to everyone for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
A well written review, thanks for sharing. If I

were in your position (i.e didn't have my driving license yet), my favourite place in the car would be that awesome 2nd row captain seat!

Although the second row is practically the best place to be in the car, the first row passenger seat is the one for me as it provides an experience nearest to actually driving the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Although the Hexa is a competent car, people just buy an Innova as the Toyota brand can be blindly trusted.
That is the sole reason why Crysta sells more than the Hexa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Have you tried updating the maps for a better navigation?
If yes, then its really a bad idea from Toyota in such a high priced car.
Will be waiting for your comment.
I asked the SA for any update but none were available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Congrats on the new car. Handle those Trays with at most care, it cost 18000 to replace . My Colleague's son broke one of the latches and after hearing the price, he is looking to replace it outside the showroom.
We seldom use the trays only because of that fear.

18000 for those trays is expensive but would still request you to ask your colleague to get a Toyota Genuine part or OEM at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Nice review. Congratulations. Please share info about TPMS you installed.
Would do it after a few weeks as my exams are going to begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
You should look at changing the ICE of the car. It is quite terrible I agree.
Though it is quite terrible, I would not change it as it voids my warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The only good thing is that this time around, one can truly call it an upgrade since the new generation car has a drastically different feel to it, comes with multiple engine an gear options and is loaded to the grill with features.
Yeah, The Innova is now completely different from what it was earlier.

Quote:
BTW 5.5L for an 8 year old 2L+ kms run vehicle is still an unbelievable price. The total cost of ownership would be really low if you add in the service costs and other running costs, compared to most other vehicles.
Yeah that price was unexpected, especially from ToyotaUTrust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
As TBhp members, we love our cars, loving driving and love discussing anything under the sky as long as it pertains to Automobiles. Keeping that in mind, I would never ever address my ride as a 'servant'. It hurt my sentiment towards the love of my vehicle.
A servant is one who serves you without any complaint, and if a servant treats you well and you do it with him too, you develop a bond with him. You begin to treat him as family and that was the case with our Innova. We loved her, we were sad too when it left us.

A servant need not be put at a position lower than us, the term 'servant' is not wrong in my opinion as a car serves me, it does whatever I wish her to do and in return it asks just for love and care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Simply love the Crysta for what it is. Even from the point of view of an enthusiast, there's lots to love. A large engine (very unassuming, have seen the prowess of a 2.8 Crysta on the open highway which was being driven spiritedly and was keeping up with our Fiesta 1.6 quite well!), looks to kill (as good as it gets for an MPV this size) and of course the reliability that comes with the Toyota badge. The price is steep, but I feel that it will be well worth it in the long run for you since you tend to keep your cars for long. I have always had a soft corner for cars with a functional design which still manage to look astonishingly good. The Crysta is such a design.
I completely agree with everything you said, the Crysta is somehow an exceptional MPV.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 3rd July 2018 at 16:04.
Shreyas Agarwal is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 13:43   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT - On Team-BHP's Facebook page when this thread was put up, I saw some random person commenting angrily on how a 15 year old could be a Team-BHP member, much less write a review on it. And man, was this person also livid that anyone would call his car a 'servant'!

I asked him, 'Whoa! Why so serious'? No replies from him yet.

If ever Shreyas were to have seen that bit of nastiness, I'd say - don't bother.

My 2.5 year old girl knows about the steering wheel, the gear, the wipers, the handbrakes etc. on cars. I began my own automotive journey very young at 11 and I have seen a teeny-weeny 12 year old Ashwin (forgot his last name) race a motorcycle against grown men at the Kari racetrack in Coimbatore in 2005. Alisha Abdullah was there too, at all of 16 years, racing for team Yamaha. What's so unnatural with any of that? Keep doing what you like and all the best.

I'll read your review in detail now
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 15:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
It all began an year ago...
Nice review, Shreyas.

Isn't this the same Innova you had purchased? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...trol-gone.html
Old 5th July 2018, 12:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Slightly OT - On Team-BHP's Facebook page when this thread was put up, I saw some random person commenting angrily on how a 15 year old could be a Team-BHP member, much less write a review on it. And man, was this person also livid that anyone would call his car a 'servant'!

I asked him, 'Whoa! Why so serious'? No replies from him yet.

If ever Shreyas were to have seen that bit of nastiness, I'd say - don't bother.
Hi, I did not post anything on the Facebook page. Yes, I did write here that I shall never address my car as my servant.

Hope I rest my case.

Last edited by SDP : 13th April 2019 at 23:33. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 13th July 2018, 19:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I don't take these people's comments even as grains of sand
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Nice review, Shreyas.

Isn't this the same Innova you had purchased? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...trol-gone.html
Yes, it is, that was a boulder on our way but after that incident, it has been stress free. PS: The same was mentioned in the review also.
Quote:
No comments of reliability yet, although there have been no rattles even after 30k kilometres, we had a huge boulder on our way. Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
[Hi, I did not post anything on the Facebook page. Yes, I did write here that I shall never address my car as my servant.

Hope I rest my case.
I believe you. A BHPian can never have such kind of thoughts.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 13th July 2018 at 19:15.
Old 14th July 2018, 03:45   #27
BHPian

Very nice and comprehensive ownership report Shreyas!

I can completely attest to that feeling of moroseness when your car is finally sold. I felt the same way when I had to sell my previous car. Cars become part of the family and heaven knows how much we as petrolheads take particularly good care of them.

We purchased our 2.7Z Crysta last year and truth be told, were satisfied with almost everything. Coming from someone who primarily lives abroad, I did feel a bit skimped out when it comes to features. Certain features available here like lane assist or blind spot detectors I don't care about, but others like 360° cameras or LED tail lights at this price point should have been a no brainer on Toyota's part. I know for a fact the Malaysian variant of the Innova gets the cameras, but it looks like no market offers OEM LED tail lights. It would also have been nice to have four back up sensors as opposed to just two we currently get especially on a vehicle with such a massive silhouette.

Still, these are tiny complaints in the grand scheme of things. My parents and I love our Crysta and won't be changing to another vehicle until the wheels drop off. Regrettably, I only got to drive ours for less than a month but enjoyed every single moment with it. I drove it all the way from Lakhimpur Kheri to Delhi in one go which took around 10 hours due to traffic jams in Noida and didn't at all feel tired at the end of it. It's truly a testament to the comfort this car offers. That and the AT is a godsend when it comes to bad traffic. I'm sure your Crysta will be the same and I'm sure you'll have just as many if not more fond memories with it like you had with your previous generation one. Just wait till you're 18, you'll build that extra special bond the moment you begin to drive it!

Finally, may I just add it's very nice to know there's someone else based out of Lakhimpur Kheri, and that too a budding petrolhead! I too am originally from Lakhimpur but I am settled here in Canada for the time being.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 02:40   #28
BHPian

I searched the words ground clearance on this thread and couldn't find anything, thought I'll ask. Have you experienced the belly getting scratched? I keep hearing that due to low ground clearance and the extra weight of 2.8 auto this one is not that good off the road. Of course I'm not talking about proper off roading I mean just a little bit off the road, if you know what I mean
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 20:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I searched the words ground clearance on this thread and couldn't find anything, thought I'll ask. Have you experienced the belly getting scratched? I keep hearing that due to low ground clearance and the extra weight of 2.8 auto this one is not that good off the road. Of course I'm not talking about proper off roading I mean just a little bit off the road, if you know what I mean
Sorry, for the late reply, but as per me, the ground clearance is quite adequate. We have taken it through a quite rough unmetalled village road (Thanks to gmaps misleading us) with full load and never did it hit the ground. So, till you are actually driving down any path it poses no problem but be aware its an MPV and not an SUV for a reason and if you want to actually
take it off road steer clear of the Crysta.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 13th April 2019 at 20:52.
Shreyas Agarwal is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks