Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 17:04   #16
BHPian

re: My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
[*]3M Gloss Black spoiler wrap and ORVM wrap – cost 7k
Hi Guru,
Do you have a picture with these wraps? The attached pictures of the car doesn't have these. I am actually considering the gloss wrap for my car ( Figo diesel ) and hence, wanted to have a reference for the same before i jump in.

Congratulations on your Brezza and wish you a smooth ownership.

Last edited by jayakumarkp : 4th October 2017 at 17:05. Reason: Corrected the quote.
Old 5th October 2017, 10:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
Hi Guru,
Do you have a picture with these wraps? The attached pictures of the car doesn't have these. I am actually considering the gloss wrap for my car ( Figo diesel ) and hence, wanted to have a reference for the same before i jump in.

Hi Jayakumar - thank you. In relation to spoiler and ORVM wrap quality, you can go ahead with 3M without thinking twice. But it all depends on how the personnel available in the shop handles the installation of these wraps. It’s more than a month since I got this done from my known associates at 3M and they’ve done an immaculate job. I don’t see any bubbles or the wraps peeling off anywhere. Unfortunately I do not have the pic handy as I’m traveling now. Let me get back to you with the pic for your satisfaction

3M products are the best in the market and thus the monotony they’re enjoying in most of the areas they deal with! It depends on how the dealers manage to service it with end consumers as I’ve heard stories of wrapping done with minimal care leading to peel-off issues and other quality related issues.

Having said this, you can go ahead without thinking twice but stay around when your car is being attended and supervise until it’s done.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 18:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
Hi Guru,

Hi Jayakumar,
sorry it took sometime for me to come back with the pictures I had promised to submit it with you. Please see pics enclosed. Also, ignore the dirt around the spoiler and ORVM wrap as I was away travelling and it remained a bit dirty. But you can see 3M to have done a good job in wrapping it up for me. You can go ahead and let me know how it went up with you.

Spoiler wrap -
Took a closer shot to show you the edges to have been sealed well
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-img_8656.jpg

ORVM wrap -
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-img_8657.jpg

My apologies again if the pics aren't clear enough. Let me know if that's the case and I shall produce better samples for you.
Old 16th November 2017, 12:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

After a much needed pampering at Feynlab:
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-img8932.jpg
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-img8950.jpg

Subtle yet influential - speaks for itself:
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-img8993.jpg
gururajrv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 19:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Got a long weekend and went off to ooty for a refreshing time. Man I loved the roads and the drive.

Car performed very well and it gave me approx 18.5kmpl from tank-tank refuel method hope to pen down a travelogue if my phone cam has captured all the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-3a2967d5144744cd813802fbef647829.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 23:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

This year has been the best in terms of opportunities that has come by to take the car out on highways frequently.

First, had a brief roundabout drive from Bangalore - Mantralaya - Mysore - Bangalore trip covering mostly 1,200 kms odd and the car performed really well with no hiccups whatsoever.

Second, Bangalore - Dharmasthala - Kukke - Horanadu - Bangalore - covering mostly 700 odd kms.

And now, it was time for Goa and returned today with nearly 1,400 kms on the trip meter. Got an average of nearly 15kmpl with spirited driving throughout.

Took about 8 hours straight to reach Goa from HSR Layout, Bangalore on 23 Feb 2018 and return journey took about 9 hours from Goa to HSR Layout Bangalore today 26 Feb 2018.

Did complete my 4th service last week which involved engine oil replacement and routine fluid replacements. However, I did pay 9.8k for the total service

My observation so far with the car:

- power is adequate which makes it a good cruiser on the highway. However it did disappoint me in few grounds such as steam running out pretty quickly as soon as you switch to 5th gear after revving for about 3.4k rpms in 4th gear. I believe this is where I felt the car needs a remap, not for the top end but to improvise the overall driveability
- stability is top notch
- suspension scores well from my view
- handling is something that impressed me throughout the long journeys
- braking is also pretty good and inspires confidence
- plastics have started to rattle along with the weird door glass sound creeping in when you roll it up to close it which is pretty much annoying

Minor niggles aside, overall the car has made an impression in my heart for a long time to come - but definitely it would be given some supplements to get a power bump shortly
Attached Thumbnails
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-e8df557e17204671b4aef76bb51f69ac.jpeg  

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-3663430221eb41ba9a24ee140e363a51.jpeg  

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-dfe3bad3acbf4a23a49078d57558bb23.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 20:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well, it’s time to post another update on the milestone - 20,000kms up. Running is a bit moderate with atleast 800-1200kms a month. Due to recent commitments, the running has come down to a greater extent and haven’t been able to clock the kms as I was doing before. Nonetheless, car is doing its job pretty well. All it requires is oil replacement of synthetic breed once in every 7k kms range and fuel top ups to keep the holy fire within its heart glowing hot

There has been no mods done in the recent past - hence not much updates posted on the thread and might remain this way for a few more months until the mod that’s running in my mind for a remap is done.

It however disappoints when it comes to plastic quality as I’ve already spoken about it in the report. There’s been a bit of creaky window noise while rolling up or down, with few other plastics inside the cabin making its own tunes when I run over potholes or rough patches. There’s no other go than to live with it.

Just posting a quick pic of the odo taken last night.

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-a95540666d9d4b388addb8fb5d42410f.jpeg

And a random pic to wind up the update;
My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-f2ada4d3dae04aca99da80ec3d5f3ade.jpeg
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 20:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Small update:

Went for a small drive at night over the weekend with wife. By the time we came back home, strangely my eyes felt it needed rest. Drive lasted for nearly 3 hours at night and I felt it was a bit strange for the eyes to be asking for rest as it was mostly felt dry while driving. Later after getting the rest and thinking about the incident which was uncalled for, I realized one thing, it could have caused by any of the below factors;

1 - I usually avoid night driving in highways. However, it was mixture of both highway (30%) and city driving (70%). I thought it could be because of this factor because it was more than a month or 2 since I had gone out at night as my driving was mostly restricted to early hours when sun starts to shine. This was mostly ruled out as a month gap shouldn't have caused so much issues to my eyes.

2 - Summer mostly? But, it should have taken a toll on my health when I had a briefly long drive in the last 2 weeks in the noon and never felt a problem.

3 - I then realized after talking to my wife who said she was also seeing a lot of headlights causing glare to the eye. This instantly hit me as I agreed to have been seeing most of the cars racing towards me with strong high beams which the eyes couldn't bare and started asking for some rest while driving itself. This was the culprit I felt as my body was adequately hydrated.

Thus, this evening 20 May 2018, decided to go in for 3M Windshield CR-70 series sun film that has the advantage of anti-glare content that should help me and protect my eyes to an extent from the oncoming strong high beams. I immediately zeroed in on it and called up my previously visited store 3M Car Care Sarjapur road and fixed an appointment for it.

Reason for zeroing in on the product was because of my previous experience shared on post 20 here.

Owner of the store Mr.Suhas had demonstrated the abilities of CR-70 when I had last visited in Aug 2017 for wrapping of ORVM's & Spoiler. It was indeed a pleasant experience that made me do an instant decision of getting the sun-film installed this evening itself.

Total cost: Rs.8793/-

Store Experience: 10 on 10 . Solely because I dropped in at around 5.15 PM IST and there was another car they were working on, which they finished doing what it had dropped in for and started working on my car almost instantly as this being Ramadan season, workers had to leave early for their rituals to be performed during the season at 6 PM IST. I was impressed as they quickly finished up the job for me and remembered my previous visit as well looking at the car itself - my car did leave an impression over them last time

Besides, they also honored my request by using a solution in eliminating the aberration the car had suffered at the rear for brushing another car. It was more of a magic and I was lucky the aberration wasn't deep enough to expose the metal.

Experience post installing the product:

Main reason for dropping in close to sunset was to experience the glare after installation. First impressions are brilliant, it does work as advertised, as I did take one of the main roads near to my place which is a bit dark and most of the vehicles on the road uses high beam. To be honest, I did feel there's a considerable increase in the vision as it pleases it to be cool on the eyes even when the oncoming traffic is coming all lights blazing at you. However, to rule out the possibility of any form of psychologically convinced, I will update on the experience as and when I collect more impressions over the same after driving it at night. Yes, also about the heat reduction during the day.

There's indeed a reason why 3M is still the market leader. Their products are absolutely amazing!

Below pic is WIP by the 3M personnel while applying the sun-film.

My White Knight – Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the obsession! EDIT: 51,000 km up-62e27c03c1ed4db79dfbddbc93ac85fe.jpeg

Unfortunately, the pic taken after installing doesn't really show the difference. It has to be experienced in person and not virtually to know the effect of this film.

Recommended?

Yes, the product price is standard across range of cars. Therefore, I recommend this to others who crawl mostly at night

Last edited by gururajrv : 20th May 2018 at 20:13.
Old 20th May 2018, 20:29   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Small update:

Total cost: Rs.8793/-

Yes, the product price is standard across range of cars. Therefore, I recommend this to others who crawl mostly at night
Is the film applied to all the windows or is it only the front windshield?
Old 20th May 2018, 20:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_burner View Post
Is the film applied to all the windows or is it only the front windshield?
It can be applied across. But, they recommend this to windshield as it’s got an anti glare in it. It won’t prove of being use if you apply it across. They’ve another product to apply for windows and rear windshield which should be lesser price compared to this. You can still verify this with 3M if you’re planning on installing it. Worth every penny
Old 20th May 2018, 21:29   #26
BANNED

Quote:
It can be applied across. But, they recommend this to windshield as it’s got an anti glare in it. It won’t prove of being use if you apply it across. They’ve another product to apply for windows and rear windshield which should be lesser price compared to this. You can still verify this with 3M if you’re planning on installing it. Worth every penny
I know it can be applied to all the glasses. My Santro has it on every glass apart from the windshield. My Aspire needs a film and i was considering the CR70. As far as I remember, I got it installed in the santro 2 years back for rs 4500. It is original CR70 and is applied to the rear glass+all the four windows. Is it not expensive for the front windshield?
Old 20th May 2018, 22:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know it can be applied to all the glasses. My Santro has it on every glass apart from the windshield. My Aspire needs a film and i was considering the CR70. As far as I remember, I got it installed in the santro 2 years back for rs 4500. It is original CR70 and is applied to the rear glass+all the four windows. Is it not expensive for the front windshield?

Yes, it does feel expensive for the windshield. But, there's a reason the have standardized the windscreen value, I presume. Not sure on the pricing strategy. When I spoke to them about this, they said they are not advising customers for CR70 all-around. They are mostly using this solely for windshield as a solution for anti-glare.
Old 20th May 2018, 23:30   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, it does feel expensive for the windshield. But, there's a reason the have standardized the windscreen value, I presume. Not sure on the pricing strategy. When I spoke to them about this, they said they are not advising customers for CR70 all-around. They are mostly using this solely for windshield as a solution for anti-glare.
I am assuming this as one of their marketing tactics. I went for CR70 because the cops can't identify that my car as films unless they roll the windows down. The 3M person told me that this reduces up to 95% UV radiation and some percentage of heat which I don't remember now.

I have seen people with film installed on the front windshield with scratches all over. When I inquired about it, the owners said that with time, the films tend to develop scratches. If the film gets scratched, I think it will be surely increase the glare and the vision will be hampered.

I wish you all the best for your car. Keep updating about the film and problems associated with it, if any.
Old 20th May 2018, 23:31   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on hitting the 20k mark.

Does this film make the windshield look tinted?

The cops this side are mostly looking out for cars with tinted glasses for obvious reasons. I want to install it too but then the thought of having to remove it if busted prevents me from doing so (Once bitten twice shy)

Also, do post your final thoughts on the anti glare effectiveness of this film.
Avalanche2409 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 09:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish you all the best for your car. Keep updating about the film and problems associated with it, if any.
Sure, will update the thread on the experience. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post
Congratulations on hitting the 20k mark.

Does this film make the windshield look tinted?
Thanks buddy. No, it’s 70% visibility film. It doesn’t look tinted at all. If a person has a keen observation, one can say it does have a tint shade

Quote:
The cops this side are mostly looking out for cars with tinted glasses for obvious reasons. I want to install it too but then the thought of having to remove it if busted prevents me from doing so (Once bitten twice shy)

Also, do post your final thoughts on the anti glare effectiveness of this film.
Sure, I shall keep feeding updates on this functional upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks