Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:24   #16
BANNED

Re: Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc² View Post
Thank you, Ashwin! Equally exciting for me to know that you live quite near to me. I’m from parippally and I frequently visit Ashramam and places nearby. A few bhp’ians reside around Kollam, one among them has a souped up S60 T6!
Do let me know when you're around and we can pull a Team-Bhp Kollam Chapter Offline G2G

As for the S60, is it Jose? I've spotted him a couple of times and connected via the HVK Group, we're yet to meet in person though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
I'm from Kollam too.
More the merrier!

Do wave if you spot any of the below;

Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions-img_1227.jpg

Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions-dsc00052.jpg
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 08:07   #17
BHPian

The wheel lifting while climbing such a mild incline is both weird and concerning .Can't imagine any other car doing this. Is there a serious design flaw in this car?
Old 4th May 2018, 11:43   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
The wheel lifting while climbing such a mild incline is both weird and concerning .Can't imagine any other car doing this. Is there a serious design flaw in this car?
What looks like a mild incline in the picture, is actually much steeper.

This is due to limited suspension travel. This can happen in any vehicle, especially ones with low suspension travel. That said, I have seen several hatchbacks and SUVs do this trick, even while climbing the kerb within city limits.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 14:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
A nice writeup mate, with equally drool worthy pictures as well.

And I can totally relate to the title "mixed emotions". We had a Tata Indigo 1.4 MPFI from 2004 to 2017. During her stay of 13 years, she had her fare share of niggles (typical old Tata car niggles). Even though she wasn't the most trouble free kid in the block, she never stranded us in the middle of the road. And what really made me and my family love her was her magic carpet like ride and the acres of space inside. And not to mention, she had a terrible accident in the year 2005 in which her front end was completely destoryed but the occupants walked without a scratch. With all these emotions packed in heart, she will always be one of the best cars my family had ever owned, despite the niggles.
Some cars are like those naughty children in the family, known for all the mischievous acts, but has a tender spot for his/her family and the predilection is for real. The cars we have owned until now too had their share of woes, but always been through our jaunts without a hiccup. Let's see how the KUV is going to play it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Do let me know when you're around and we can pull a Team-Bhp Kollam Chapter Offline G2G
I wish if we could have done it earlier. I'm leaving to Singapore in a few hours time and it'd take several months for me to be back. Would really love a meet up once I get back.

Quote:
As for the S60, is it Jose? I've spotted him a couple of times and connected via the HVK Group, we're yet to meet in person though.
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same person. But his team-bhp handle is 'jfxavier'. I haven't met him in person either and have spotted him a few times around Kollam.

Quote:
Do wave if you spot any of the below;

Attachment 1757767

Attachment 1757771
Awesome rides, mate. The 220F surely stands out in the crowd and is a one-off spec!

Quote:
Nothing to do with the body design here (but the jacked up stance surely contributes it). As quoted below by a fellow bhp'ian, the limited suspension travel aids it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
What looks like a mild incline in the picture, is actually much steeper.

This is due to limited suspension travel. This can happen in any vehicle, especially ones with low suspension travel. That said, I have seen several hatchbacks and SUVs do this trick, even while climbing the kerb within city limits.
As you said, the car does this while maneuvering around the city too. I have taken it to places where I've been with my i10 and never had it lifted off, except when I had taken it to a much steeper incline.

A few days after I shot the video, a friend tried the same with his Alto, and pinged me that the car lifted off as well, but not as much as the KUV100 did.
Old 4th May 2018, 22:29   #20
BANNED

Quote:
More common than you'd think, I believe it is an attribute of a rigid chassis/limited suspension travel.

I've seen this happen to the Maruti Suzuki A-Star and Honda City(latest iteration), was surprised to see the latter's wheel lift as I expected a sedan's chassis to permit some flex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc² View Post
I wish if we could have done it earlier. I'm leaving to Singapore in a few hours time and it'd take several months for me to be back. Would really love a meet up once I get back.
Its settled then, next time you're in the country we meet up!

Quote:
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same person. But his team-bhp handle is 'jfxavier'. I haven't met him in person either and have spotted him a few times around Kollam.
Same person! The TN registered Dark Blue S60, small world indeed!

Quote:
Awesome rides, mate. The 220F surely stands out in the crowd and is a one-off spec!
True about that, I doubt you'd ever find anyone with "uncle" style handlebars. But after wrecking my TVS Wego this was the closest bet to a luggage hauler I could imagine of, with considerable under-gearing of-course.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 19:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Its settled then, next time you're in the country we meet up!
Looking forwards for that!

Quote:
Same person! The TN registered Dark Blue S60, small world indeed!
I was referring to him indeed. Saw the car up for sale recently.

Quote:
True about that, I doubt you'd ever find anyone with "uncle" style handlebars. But after wrecking my TVS Wego this was the closest bet to a luggage hauler I could imagine of, with considerable under-gearing of-course.
The bike would really stand out in the crowd, especially in our world (Kollam), where the land is being dictated by RE’s. This kind of a tourer is surely a treat.
Old 17th June 2018, 10:53   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the KUV choice.. I wanted to buy this car as my first ride but my missus absolutely hated the looks (and created quite a scene at the showroom )
and had to settle with a Tiago.
But made my BIL buy the KUV K8 diesel after research. I have driven around 2000km in the car and it's one of a kind car in a one of a kind category..
The high seating, gear position etc are really comfortable and ride quality is brilliant.
vinuchel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 11:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Congrats on the KUV choice.. I wanted to buy this car as my first ride but my missus absolutely hated the looks (and created quite a scene at the showroom )
and had to settle with a Tiago.
But made my BIL buy the KUV K8 diesel after research. I have driven around 2000km in the car and it's one of a kind car in a one of a kind category..
The high seating, gear position etc are really comfortable and ride quality is brilliant.
I was supposed to drive the car from showroom on the very next day I embarked down in the country. I was irated by the choice of car and refused to do it and the delivery was taken by a relative as none except me in home drives.

Btw, convey my congrats on his KUV100 .
Old 10th February 2019, 16:43   #24
BHPian

Re: Mahindra KUV100 - 17,000 kms and Mixed Emotions

Has been a while since I looked back into this thread. Post May in 2018, I was really tied up as I embarked into my first job and had to hustle at it, considering the change of path from academics to an industry. For that reason alone, I had spent 8 months (my longest ever) away from family in one go and I was badly falling homesick. However, resigned it and took up an another placement and came down for a 1 month vacation. All these together led to the thread being stale with no updates. It’d be a lie if I deny that my laziness too had a role to play

Nonetheless, the car is very much used less at home. Within the stretch of these 2.5 years, the odo stands at 17k kms and it never fails to prove that it isn’t a highway craver by any means. I had the urge to put it at some twists and the tire screech at moderate speeds again proved that the limit was on and it isn’t one which you may love to drive spiritedly. Apart from loosing a wheel cover, a scratch at the front bumper and a new central locking system, there isn’t any noteworthy update on the car.

However, I chose a way to counter the boring hatch at home with a more fun, more spirited sedan. Something which makes the driver breathe up to the watchword, “Live to Drive” - A Fiesta 1.6 S

I know that it’s a blasphemy to add an another vehicle, especially a fun to drive sedan that deserves to be driven everyday at a place where the existing car is already seldom driven. But boy, I wanted one! Speaking true, I hadn’t driven one before and had hardly seen one on roads. But every time I read about it online, there was this ripple of excitement tickling me. It didn’t have the drama of a Mk1 vRS, nor the huge fanbase of a vTEC Old Honda City or the Civic. But it was special right from the reviews of the enthusiasts who have driven one and the owners who find it hard to part ways. This car is an unsung paladin to the normal eyes. One wouldn’t mind a second look, unless it’s blue.

I don’t want this thread to deviate from the KUV100. There’s a lot involved, right from finding the 1.6 S until getting it on my hands. There’s this risk factor involved - my ignorance of buying the car without seeing it and making a full payment to someone whom you met in OLX. On top, there’s the fever pitch of that maiden glance at your favourite car, which you have owned with your own dough. Everything deserves an another thread and it’ll soon be happening. There are a few places (cosmetic) which have to be sorted out, after which I can bring her out on the forum go gaga about it. *clap *clap

Here’s a snap of both the cars parked and a few of the Fiesta’s.
Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions-21202bdf508f4b079f35d850b00c58b9.jpeg
Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions-906cb9c62cfe453e84bfff59eb81f405.jpeg
Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions-160a2f31f6a24c42b2a4a6840922e60b.jpeg
Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions-13b3553982ce4f96a62359d054b98074.jpeg
Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions-9a17169129364cb6b9f2691a9e344473.jpeg
Mahindra KUV100 - 10,000 kms and Mixed Emotions-db34d56cb04744e3aac076f67456eca4.jpeg

To put my running with both the cars into perspective, I did a total of just 200 km on the KUV100 within a month, whereas the Fiesta has done 2700 km during the same interval. I haven’t driven the KUV much after the Fiesta rolled up. That explains why the former hasn’t accompanied me during those road trips and hill runs, for which I missed up from snapping any new pics of the same. Looking forward to get a new set of shoes for the ugly duckling (you know who!) next time I come ashore and spend time to get involved in it, just like I used to do it last time.
E = mc² is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks