Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd June 2020, 12:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Tiago Diesel XZ - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am facing a problem with my Head Unit of my Tiago XZ. The head unit went dead on its own and is not switching ON. Everything in the car is in Stock condition, and no wires have been touched. It came alive one day and worked for a few days and now again it's dead. It does not turn ON, I have checked all the fuses inside the cabin as well as in the engine compartment. Everything is looking good, So does anyone has any clue what might be the problem here?
Thanks
I have not experienced this myself but have heard similar experience from fellow Nexon owners. While the system is different, software bugs tend to be common across devices thanks to reused codes.
The way it sorted for them was - remove the car battery +ve terminal. Leave it like that for 15 (or more if no rush) minutes & then reconnect it. That resets the system. (You'll have to set the time etc again of course on the MID.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd June 2020 at 12:42.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 22:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have not experienced this myself but have heard similar experience from fellow Nexon owners. While the system is different, software bugs tend to be common across devices thanks to reused codes.
The way it sorted for them was - remove the car battery +ve terminal. Leave it like that for 15 (or more if no rush) minutes & then reconnect it. That resets the system. (You'll have to set the time etc again of course on the MID.)
Thanks for your response buddy. And I think you maybe right here because I was recalling an incident which happened last month during lock down. My XUV battery went dead because I had not started the car in a long time due to lockdown as we were using Tiago for anything we needed. So we had jump started our XUV from Tiago. And after then only I started facing this issue in my Tiago. And now today after almost a week the system started working on its own. So I think I'll remove the +ve terminal and leave it for 15 minutes and then connect again. Hopefully it will get normal again.
Singh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 12:16   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Hopefully it will get normal again.
Did this work? Or a visit to TASC is inevitable now?

Most Viewed