Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2017, 19:39   #76
BHPian

re: S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!

Dear Laluks,
So far, how many kilometers you have covered using the new s cross?
What is your present opinion about the car?
What are the practical issues that you are facing with your new S cross?
Thanks.
Muniswami s
Old 26th December 2017, 16:30   #77
BHPian

Extremely wonderful review.. Covering all aspects.. I am too, confused between selection of my new car.. Choices being S cross, Creta, BRV and compass.. But this thread / review has made me more inclined towards S Cross
Old 27th December 2017, 15:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
Dear Laluks,
So far, how many kilometers you have covered using the new s cross?
What is your present opinion about the car?
What are the practical issues that you are facing with your new S cross?
Thanks.
Muniswami s
Been busy, did not get to drive SCross more. Its at 4K now. No issues other than the driver seat squeaks.

Best mileage till date 19.2kmpl, full highway.
Worst 13.9kmpl, full city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser View Post
Extremely wonderful review.. Covering all aspects.. I am too, confused between selection of my new car.. Choices being S cross, Creta, BRV and compass.. But this thread / review has made me more inclined towards S Cross
S Cross is a practical non jazzy value for money no nonsense car.
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 15:37   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats!! Came across the thread only today.

Hope to see many SCross'ed travelogues

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Android Play / Apple Car play - What is that? I don't need it. I consider that as a distraction.
Noticed in an image that you are using your mobile's Google maps for navigation.

Wouldn't it be easier to have Google maps on your infotainment unit through Android Play?
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 16:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats!! Came across the thread only today.

Hope to see many SCross'ed travelogues

Noticed in an image that you are using your mobile's Google maps for navigation.

Wouldn't it be easier to have Google maps on your infotainment unit through Android Play?
Thanks Suhaas.

Regarding Android play, the unit is very unpredictable and sluggish. Further the lady dictating terms about turns is so very annoying and loud. In my phone at least i can keep her volume quite low

Another reason for the phone is to record my track.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 13:40   #81
Senior - BHPian

Today I had a puncture in swift. Decided to try with the accessories Nexa thrust on me. A puncture kit for 535 Rs.

One use, the tool broke, the puncture strip did not stick.

Finally threw the MGP Puncture kit to the waste bin and visited a puncture guy. All well

At least one of the accessories from the kit is now less
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 14:13   #82
BHPian

Congratulations on buying the by best car from the Maruti Stable.
How are the rear passengers feeling after moving from the Civic back seat to the S cross backseat? In terms of ride comfort over long journeys on Indian roads?
Old 28th December 2017, 15:04   #83
BHPian

Hi- Congratulations on buying the most VFM vehicle in this segment and really highlighting the strengths of this product.

Can you shed some more light on the RPM range/gears that you typically use for overtaking vs cruising?

How necessary is a gear shift for overtaking?

Till what speeds is the cabin reasonably insulated in terms of NVH. This engine is inherently loud. Hence the question
Old 28th December 2017, 17:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Congratulations on buying the by best car from the Maruti Stable.
How are the rear passengers feeling after moving from the Civic back seat to the S cross backseat? In terms of ride comfort over long journeys on Indian roads?
Thanks drsingh.
Fact is there are no takers for the rear. They still prefer Civic over SCross.

Friends who came with me for long drives felt the seat was ok. Middle fellow also felt ok.

Since the seat and back support is almost 90 degrees or 110 degrees, elder ones liked it.

My grouse is on sudden braking scenarios, they tend to slide a lot to the front seats, if they have not used seat belts. In Civic, the rear guys never seemed to know the circus at the driver side

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi- Congratulations on buying the most VFM vehicle in this segment and really highlighting the strengths of this product.

Can you shed some more light on the RPM range/gears that you typically use for overtaking vs cruising?

How necessary is a gear shift for overtaking?

Till what speeds is the cabin reasonably insulated in terms of NVH. This engine is inherently loud. Hence the question
Thanks Vishnu
RPM range, while cruising at 120 is 2600rpm in 5th gear. Mostly 1900 to 3100 rpm sees you from 80kmph onwards to some good speeds. You can stretch it all the way to 4100 rpm, after which engine looses its sheen, probably its good to stay below 3000rpms in 5th. Roads are not that great!

For overtaking, 3rd gear is a good bet. you can play it between 2000 to 4000 rpm. I never had any issues.

At idle, its really louder than my Civic. But on higher speeds unless you are over revving, it is not that noisy or uncomfortable.
laluks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 21:00   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding Android play, the unit is very unpredictable and sluggish. Further the lady dictating terms about turns is so very annoying and loud. In my phone at least i can keep her volume quite low
I find this rather amusing. My experience with Android Auto and the headunit in the Ignis is completely the opposite. Google Maps is VERY snappy. Waze is slower. Though I use Waze a lot more. Music is an area that annoys the living daylights out of me but that's because I lug around almost 25Gb. AnyAutoAudio has been saving my life when it comes to music. Also, you can turn that lady down by turning down the volume of your phone. If it's the onboard GPS - the while she's yapping you can control her volume separately from the music.

Post the upgrade to 1750.2 I did face some of the issues you have mentioned but nothing a reset did not fix for me at least. If you ever bring your beast towards Indiranagar I'd like to have a look at it - if you're okay with that... Maybe it'll help troubleshoot someone else's problems. I've loved reading every bit of this thread. Keep it going!
valhallen.282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 23:56   #86
BHPian

Firstly, congratulations on your S-Cross acquisition. Wishing you many happy motoring miles!!

Quote:
SCross dash is very reflective and glossy and the windscreen is messy on a sunny day. Will have to find out a solution.
I have a 2016 1.3L S-Cross and faced this same problem. The solution I used was to get a dashboard carpet. Using that for many months now, and haven't faced any reflection issue since.

This is the one I bought.

Hope that helps!
aryasanyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 16:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

A coincidence at a parking lot

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20171215_172914editedit.jpg

Have fun Guys.

Happy New Year 2018
laluks is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:42   #88
Senior - BHPian

Happy New Year Guys.

Next observation. SCross was parked almost for a week without usage. A birdie dropped on it

Today while washing it off, saw that the paint around that area looked as if cracked up, like your skin devoid of moisture. All these years with many bird droppings Civic never showed up such stuff, on washing and polishing it was all right. But this is not so.

Paint quality?
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:05   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Happy New Year Guys.

Next observation. SCross was parked almost for a week without usage. A birdie dropped on it

Paint quality?
This is one of the perks of owning a Maruti stable vehicle, so you shouldn't really complain about paint quality.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 13:04   #90
Senior - BHPian

MSIL Invite

On 3rd Jan 2018, NEXA Relationship manager Pradeep called me to wish me a Happy New Year. He informed me that few guys from MSIL is coming down and would like to have some interactions with the recent customers of Nexa. He asked me if he can suggest my name. I said that should be ok, and gave the go ahead to him to share my number to MSIL.

I was then contacted on 5th by a lady who was telling me about the visit of MSIL guys. She said MSIL guys would like to hear our feedback. I asked on what topics are they looking for feedback and also if it is about addressing some of our concerns. I also asked who all are invited and where it is going to be and when.

She said MSIL wanted to get information on what should be in their future cars. Also she informed me the invitation went to NEXA customers from the last two years. This made me think, I have my car now, and am not interested in their future cars at least for the next 5 years. Also had a hunch this is going to be a crowded affair.

I asked her to send me a whats-app with the details and I'll confirm later looking at my schedules.

The message made me totally ignore the invite. I am not looking for such incentives . Hope they take the PR seriously next time!!
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-msil-invite.2jpg.jpg

Old Vs New

Mean while for the Old vs New crowd, critics, haters, lovers of SCross, some food for you guys
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20180118_101417editediteditedit.jpg
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20180118_101504editedit.jpg
laluks is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks