Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2018, 06:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

KungFu Panda completes 32K.

The squeaking has become unbearable.I wish Maruti sends me a new seat. After all KungFu Panda is the most famous SCross in India
laluks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 08:09   #227
Senior - BHPian

re: S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!

BAD EXPERIENCE

It was Sunday 07th of October 2018. Kungfu Panda is munching miles like crazy in his yet another major cross country drive, and he crosses 30K. The 20K service was done by 23K on Odo since I knew for certain I was returning back to Bangalore by 23K. But now in this run, Kungfu Panda on returning to Bangalore will definitely be very north of 30K, which means I must do the 30K service on the run. On checking the manual, 30K service is mainly an Oil change and all inspections.

So I was in search of a Maruti ASS, which could immediately do the oil change an I could continue my run.

I was in Bihar and after my visit to Bodh Gaya was on a drive towards Haridwar, and for that by 08th morning I must meet a good friend at Meerut and continue. That means, I will not get any time later than this day to do the 30K service.

Meanwhile on my run from Gaya, I see Pearl Cars on the highway I am in (Old NH2, new NH19, our Kolkata Delhi Highway) before Sasaram Toll Plaza. I immediately take the service road before hitting the toll plaza and went to Pearl Cars.

Address from google says (MORE SARAI, NEAR TOLL PLAZA, N.H.-2, SASARAM, Auwan, Bihar 821111)

I was attended to by a Service advisor, and I told him its an oil change, please help with it and help me in my onward journey. He sees an opportunity, and he says no Oil change alone, he has to go by Maruti recommendation. I say that's fine, but 30K only requires an oil change.

But he then starts there are many activities like caliper pin greasing, Windscreen concentrate with distilled water, and started the normal list of those fleecing activities the service centers resort to. I had to stop him there and asked straight can you do the oil change, rest nonsense that he is suggesting I do not require. He flatly refuses and asks me to speak to Service manager. By this time I am really annoyed, I really do not want their help. I flatly told on the service managers face I am going to complain to Maruti once I get back to Bangalore on this. I decided to move on. It was 14:30 by then. There was no job card opened since I only discussed with them outside their service premise and decided not to take their help due to their fleecing and non helping attitude, especially that of the service personal who we spoke to.

If they do not realize that a 30K run facelift SCross is not an ordinary car customer, and still goes on to say all these irritating old tricks to fleece, it shows the attitude of this Service Center and their targets at the cost of customer satisfaction and support.

While reversing the car out of their place, I see the service manager clicking my rear number plate picture. I was pretty sure they were on to some antics. I immediately clicked a picture of Kungfu panda at their place outside to get me the location tag and time stamp of our event. Immediately out of their place on NH2 is the Sasaram Toll Plaza, I paid the toll and drove toward Varanasi.

Photo at Pearl Cars before leaving
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181007_143733.jpg

Location of Pearl Cars and Sasaram Toll Plaza, and meta data showing when I clicked the above picture. 07/10/2018 14:37:33
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-peael-cars.jpg

Sasaram Toll deducted from my Fasttag on 07/10/2018 14:42:13
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20181015071052.jpg

Now we receive these messages on my number.

Job card created at 07/10/2018 14:51, very much after I have left the place.
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181010_203018.jpg

This is clearly a malpractice from them or the service advisor to keep themselves safe since I said I will complain to maruti on their conduct. I would have left it there, had they not resorted to this unethical practice of raising a job card when I had gone away from them due to their attitude.

But now we get more details as to who the service advisor was!!
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181010_203026.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181010_203032.jpg

S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181010_203050.jpg

Its clearly a hand in hand job of the Service advisor and the service manager, since I saw service manager clicking the picture with his tab.

Later I checked the details in the job card

Job was created after I left, my odo reading is incorrect as well, which proves the point that it is indeed a malpractice and i have not authorized them to take my car nor they have taken inventory
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181007_183200.jpg

Odometer reading on October 6th - 31847Kms
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-odo-date.jpg

See the comment to save their ass, when I did not give them the car, where was the hurry and timing issues!! Also see they have now only mentioned oil change!! Also we never ask for washing on a long run, since we like our cars dirty on return
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181007_183209.jpg

Clearly a bad episode from Pearl Cars. Maruti must take cognizance of this issue. It is simply not done.

We expect Service centers to help us on our cross country runs, but not like this.

Why should we own a Maruti, when service centers do not provide support???
laluks is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 21:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

After our bad experience with Pearl Cars, we drove on in NH2. Our next big town was Varanasi, and we searched google for Nexa service centers. We got three listed. We tried reaching out to them and almost all calls went unanswered. It being a Sunday, we were unsure something might work out.

Finally we were able to reach Varanasi Motors. We spoke to Mr, Anil Singh, and told him about our needs. He was from sales and he spoke internally to service and gave us the number of Workshop manager. He also spoke to him about our needs. Mr. Anil Singh called back and told us being Sunday the workshop will close at 16:00 hours, and inquired will we be able to make it before that. It was already 15:30 by then and we told him it would be impossible. We had about 50 more kilometers to cover before reaching Varanasi outskirts. We told him 17:00 seems to be a possibility.

Mr. Anil Singh said he will convey this to the Workshop manager and asked us to also speak to him once.

We called up Mr. Sudhakar Upadhyay, the workshop manager and spoke to him. He listened to us and asked us to come over, he will attend to the same and requested us to reach by 17:00. We were so thankful to him that he would extend the timing for us by one hour to cater to our needs.

He kept on checking with us our location, through out and was keeping us confident that he will be there, and not to worry about being late. After traversing through Varanasi traffic we reach Varanasi Motors by 17:45.

We were surprised to see the required staff of Varanasi Motors waiting for us. We were attended to immediately by Mr. Rampher Chauhan, the service advisor. He checked our requirements and 30K service requirements and immediately went on with the work order. Job order was created and work assigned to Mr. Zafar the technician/mechanic.

The stores and accounts department staff were also present. It was really amazing to see how the entire staff of Varanasi Motors have stretched their timings, though really not required from their side to cater to a running car doing cross country drive. The amazing attitude and selfless service for a vehicle that is far away from its home turf is really commendable.

Mr. Rampher and Mr. Zafar immediately found out that my front brake pads have reached its usable limits and advised me to change the same which I happily obliged. Mr. Zafar checked all over and also tightened the under body cladding that have taken some hits. All work were done to my satisfaction in under an hour.

Mr. Rampher took a thorough test drive and handed over the car. Bills were made fast and by 18:51 we are presented the bill. I was super happy. We were in and out in 1 hour .

Mr. Rampher also requested us not to drive for more the same day as he saw us tired. He was quite genuine in his concern, we were indeed tired after negotiating Varanasi traffic, that too near to the Ganga Aarti timings.

I must reiterate the commitment of Varanasi Motors under the leadership of Mr. Sudhakar Upadhyay in making a customer delighted. They could have easily brushed us of saying we close at 4PM. A whole service center with all its relevant staff extending their working hours and waiting for a customer that would probably visit them only once, it shows commitment.

A very very pleasant experience.

Comparing this experience with Pearl Cars, I really have no words to say. Probably Pearl Cars should be taken to task by Maruti, and Varanasi motors if not in NEXA network already, should be offered the NEXA status, they indeed have it in them to stand out among the multitude of service outlets. Infact Varanasi Motors experience was the best that I had ever in my life since I started owning a car

Here are the people who have made it all possible.

Mr. Sudhakar Upadhyay, Workshop Manager with me. How much ever we thank him, it will still be less
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181007_183346.jpg

Mr. Rampher Chauhan, Service Advisor
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181007_183354.jpg

Mr. Zafar, Technician/Mechanic
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181007_175512.jpg

Mr. Ravi Singh, Accounts
S-Cross'd : My 2017 Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift. EDIT: Sold!-img_20181007_185440.jpg

I missed getting the picture of the stores personal, he was always bringing in stuff as per requirement.

After we were out from service, it was a nonstop run from Varanasi to Haridwar, still meeting my dear friend at Meerut at 08:00 next day and to reach Haridwar by 14:00 as planned.
laluks is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 22:03   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
After we were out from service, it was a nonstop run from Varanasi to Haridwar, still meeting my dear friend at Meerut at 08:00 next day and to reach Haridwar by 14:00 as planned.
This is the reason Lalu sir that millions of people have put their hard earned money on Maruti cars. Brushing aside the Pearl Cars like thugs which are not that uncommon you'll still find a big chunk of Maruti Service Centres with such honest and committed to customer attitude. I have seen it during my car restoration at Ranchi (M/s Maruti Automobiles) and a small MASS in Kolkata by the name of Behal Automobiles who are actually committed to solving the customer's issue to full satisfaction and even stretch their working hours just to keep the customer on the road anytime anywhere. This is why MSIL is even till date the biggest automobile manufacturer in India and will continue to do so for quite some time in my opinion.

P.S.: Please write a strong one against Pearl Cars. They deserve it and will be hauled up by MSIL for sure. Please let us know of what finally happened of the Pearl Cars fiasco too.

Regards,
Subhra

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th October 2018 at 23:06. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post = inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
tacho9000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 15:12   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

What a contrast of experiences!

It is great that those guys have their time for you, and did so with good hearts.

Wonderful post, laluks
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 07:47   #231
Senior - BHPian

KungFu Panda completes 35K.
Rattles have become the order of the day. Dashboard, glove box, hand rest, window panes, rear view mirror, everything you name it rattles. It's annoying
laluks is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 09:01   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rattles have become the order of the day. Dashboard, glove box, hand rest, window panes, rear view mirror, everything you name it rattles. It's annoying
Same here. I am irritated with all the rattles from the co-passenger side. Cannot find the root cause. My Scross is at 30k kms.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 10:16   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I can understand. Maruti and rattles have very close relationship .

I am having rattles from glovebox and driver side door. After owning couple of Maruti cars, this is not something new for me. My 80k km run Grand I10 doesn't have any rattles. Rattles in S-cross started at 10k km itself .
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 11:05   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you eventually complain to Maruti about Pearl Cars? I think an email with this thread's link should be enough.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 15:55   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sad to know about the rattles in what is still a relatively new car. The mileage is low too, even though you have done it in a short time.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 17:27   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Same here. I am irritated with all the rattles from the co-passenger side. Cannot find the root cause. My Scross is at 30k kms.

It has been very annoying, I did not expect this. It seems maruti has not learnt anything. The fear I had from my swift experience for 10 years still continues with SCross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I can understand. Maruti and rattles have very close relationship .

I am having rattles from glovebox and driver side door. After owning couple of Maruti cars, this is not something new for me. My 80k km run Grand I10 doesn't have any rattles. Rattles in S-cross started at 10k km itself .

I cannot live with the feeling that Maruti and rattles are made for each other. Why should I suffer their incapability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Did you eventually complain to Maruti about Pearl Cars? I think an email with this thread's link should be enough.
Sure, Just reached Bangalore from my cross country drive. I will escalate to them. Don't know if the response is similar to live with your rattles types!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sad to know about the rattles in what is still a relatively new car. The mileage is low too, even though you have done it in a short time.

Very true Thad. I am now feeling very bad about my decision. As you know, I wanted to love this car, even when there were multiple warnings upfront. I did a conscious attempt too at that.

Now, only one word disappointed.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 21:16   #237
ike
BHPian

Quote:

Sure, Just reached Bangalore from my cross country drive. I will escalate to them. Don't know if the response is similar to live with your rattles types!!

[/b]
I recently escalated a poor service experience to Maruti & the response was swift. Escalate it to NEXA customer care rather than MSIL, that's what I did.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:15   #238

Freiends, looking to buy s cross delta. (Pune.)
Few things, still holding me.
-The best deal iam getting is 11.78k on road. I tried to get 2nd yr, 3rd yr insurance from outside. Was not entertained. Sent query to Maruti Nex, no response!
-This is the most costly car I am thinking to buy. (I have Palio 1.6 and Alto 800)
I am very cost concious. Thinking, reallyneeded this much spend or not. My priroity is good highway car, good build and good economy!
-Whats real life economy with speeds between 70-90?
-If I buy, will keep car at least for 7 years. So assuming that spares and service should not be a problem from Maruti folks. The sales numbers are not that great, so thinking a lot about this.
also felt that Maruti is not that interested to sell this car. No offers or anything. ITs just take it or leave it thing..

Regards, Anil
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:15   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Sad to read this. Hope Maruti has not gone the Maruti way with the face-lift S-Cross.

My pre-facelift Delta has clocked 93,000 kms under 2 yrs and is rattle free. The only rattle my car had seen is the rear parcel tray, which was fixed.

Like you, my experience with MASS has been the same, the service center owned by the dealer I got the car from is pathetic. I changed them after 2 services, I even escalated their malpractices to the regional manager and made sure they pay for it, my SA was fined 5,000/- which was deducted from his salary. The current MASS I goto is just superb! Right from SA to the mechanic to the cashier.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:15   #240
Senior - BHPian

Update! Pathetic!

Like most of you mentioned, I called up Mr. Vinay Tiwari, Regional Manager as mentioned in one of the SMS. I told him about Pearl Cars and the issue. He referred me to one Mr. Amit, Territory Manager Bihar. Infact He is the one for Nexa cars, while Vinay is for Arena.

This is where it gets interesting!

Mr. Amit says any cars entering the premises will have a job card made!! So if I park my car in the parking lot and go and ask for a query, does it mean after I leave a job card will be made?

He was stuck to his point, and I felt pointless to talk further. Sheer nonsense!! Vinay was helpful and ready to listen, while Amit was the opposite. I expected Nexa guys were better trained!!

I am already getting the Cheaper and Careless Maruti Feel

Last edited by laluks : 23rd October 2018 at 14:29.
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks