Team-BHP - Ford Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (Facelift) - The machine I love
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Ford Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (Facelift) - The machine I love (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/194185-ford-ecosport-1-5l-diesel-titanium-facelift-machine-i-love-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt (Post 4381468)
I got the delivery of Titanium Diesel on 1st Apr. I have driven only around 140kms and running on first tank full. Mostly I have driven mostly in the city traffic conditions. The mileage shown in MID is approximately 14.3. Is this good enough or should it improve after the first service.

Congratulations!clap:
Your mileage is decent for city usage.

Please focus on initial running in properly, it will take some time for engine to settle. Mileage figure will stabilize post first service. You will also get to know the 1.5 tdci as you spend more time with it.

While checking FE, ensure to use same trusted fuel station.

Sorry guys for the late response. I ve been traveling a lot in the past few days and got super busy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire (Post 4380077)
Hi Jude,

I had some questions regarding Extended Warranty, Corporate Discount and Insurance related to the EcoSport. Being a repeat customer, you're best suited to guide me here!

Extended warranty: I haven't bought one for both my EcoSports. I opted to wait the first 2 years before I thought I would go for it. My contention was this. If there was something not well with the car it should show up in the early days itself provided it's used well. 2 years is good enough to understand your own car and also to read feedbacks. Secondly, financially too, extending the warranty at the end of the standard warranty did seem good considering interest on your initial payout

On the corporate discount issue. Ford sometimes acts weird. The best option is to write to the concerned and get it confirmed. Hope you got your reply. It would be nice if you could share it with others.

Insurance: what the service centres day is non sense. It depends on the terms of your insurance policy and not from where you take it. I had my friend in the same situation where the service centre rejected cashless as the insurance was taken directly. We went directly and met the service centre manager and asked him to give in writing. We also dared to file a case legally for compensation. Then they agreed. The only issue was it took an additional day for the assessor to come and approve the claim. The service centres make fat money selling preferred insurance. I have taken my own insurance.

I am again going to write to Ford to take a confirmation on that. Will share the result.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsjha18 (Post 4380622)
Mostly I drive in bumper to bumper traffic conditions. In such conditions my mileage as show by MID is approximately 11.5. Is this acceptable number, or will it improve ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt (Post 4381468)
I got the delivery of Titanium Diesel on 1st Apr. I have driven only around 140kms and running on first tank full. Mostly I have driven mostly in the city traffic conditions. The mileage shown in MID is approximately 14.3. Is this good enough or should it improve after the first service.

On my new car MID shows 16.4kmpl but the tank fill method calculates much lower figure of 14.2kmpl in heavy traffic conditions. I trust the tank fill method more. There are few things I strictly follow.
1. Proper run in for the car. Atleast until 3000km wouldn't race the engine not go beyond 90kmph.
Also give some time for the engine to settle down.
2. Avoid half clutch driving as much as possible. Also shifting to neutral during those short stops in heavy traffic. Also, I try not to sprint and go easy on the A pedal.

Overall, seems like the 100bhp engine has a lower mileage. But it's still too early to guess. I have not done a proper long ride yet. Will do one next month which is going to be the test.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsjha18 (Post 4381190)
After the traffic started moving the car simply declined to start. It was not cranking at all as if the button was disabled. I had to request people to push the vehicle to the side. At that time I realised that car indeed is very heavy by looking at the face expressions of the people who were pushing. After 10 minutes of wait I cranked the engine again and it started this time. I called SC and they requested to bring the vehicle. I will take it to SC tomorrow but I am worried. How serious could it be ?

Sorry to hear that. It's quite scary. Any updates on the issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude300 (Post 4386601)
I had my friend in the same situation where the service centre rejected cashless as the insurance was taken directly. We went directly and met the service centre manager and asked him to give in writing. We also dared to file a case legally for compensation. Then they agreed.

This is quite an interesting read. We too have bought our own Insurance (from our preferred company) & as I had posted in the previous page of this very thread, we were forced to make one insurance claim without cashless benefits. Going forward, we too would like to avail cashless transaction (if & when the need arises) for future insurance claims. Could you advice me as to what should I do to avail cashless benefits? The Ford guys say they can't do anything if the insurance is taken from outside. :Frustrati

I guess you might have missed this point from my previous post. If possible, could you do one photo shoot of both the Ecosports together? I haven't yet seen any good photos where both the gens of Ecosport were together.

I was eagerly waiting for an official review for the Diesel variant and there you are with a well descriptive one. Attention to detail is great.

Congratulations on the new car. Have a great time with your car.

Thanks for this thread!
  1. The amount of fiddling that Ford is doing with the variants
  2. and the dealerships not having the updated cars for Test Drives
:mad:

Like you, I'm going for Round2 from my new Fiesta. Spent hours at the booking table between a new 2019 Titanium Diesel with Ford TM "Zero Discount"

vs

a discounted White May 2018 Titanium+ Diesel for ~70K more. (The + costs nearly 1.5L more). The features that I care for would be just the GoogleMaps

Could be pushy salesmanship - Thoughts?

Dear BHPians,

I was reading this ownership review and all the subsequent posts made for a very interesting read (not sure why it came to an abrupt end). BTW, I am in the market for a new C-SUV and ES is quite there. My monthly running is around 600 KMs max and (adhoc) yearly runs of around 4000KMs. So as per the rule book, I should ideally opt for a petrol car. However, the petrol ES variants are prohibitively expensive (thanks to the engine CC exceeding the 1.2L mark). To make matters worse is the terrible fuel economy in city. On the other hand, ES TDCi is just ~60k INR more. We are a family three, including a kid. Would the ES TDCi be a better alternative? I plan to keep it till the end of life, ie. 15 years currently.

Also, Jude300, et al, Did you guys face any incidents of vandalism/arson with that spare wheel plonked on ES's derriere ? or may be in the tight parking spots? I am little skeptical of any of the car's belongings sticking out of the car, thanks to the naughty kids lurking in the neighborhood.

thanks in advance :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spr1ngleo (Post 4654577)
Did you guys face any incidents of vandalism/arson with that spare wheel plonked on ES's derriere ? or may be in the tight parking spots? I am little skeptical of any of the car's belongings sticking out of the car, thanks to the naughty kids lurking in the neighborhood.

Nothing so far for me in more than a year's ownership. Although we have dedicated covered parking spots in our apartment with a security guard. If you're apprehensive about spare wheel theft, higher variants of the EcoSport come with anti-theft lug nut for the spare wheel. And then there's the spare wheel cover as well.

The latest EcoSport comes with all beige interiors including both front and rear seats. They will certainly be harder to maintain, especially when there is a growing up child of 7 yrs in the family. Can anyone please suggest a good all black seat covers (preferably fabric) that does not mess up the ergonomic aspects of the seating, and also protect the seats from getting dirty? The dealer offer for seat covers is 8.5k which I think is on the higher side.

Also, the spare wheel cover for a diamond white EcoSport from the dealer costs 12.5k. but I could find the same on Amazon for 7k INR. Can I go with the latter? Also, black spare wheel cover for white EcoSport will be a hit or a miss?

Thanks.

Very detailed and informative. Your review has pushed me further towards booking my EcoSport (Titanium Diesel)

Thank you so much for putting this together

It's been a while since I updated this thread though I did promise of frequent updates. However the time has come to give a closure to the ownership review for this machine I love (I still am in love).

Today, I handed over the car to my best friend after 23.5k on the ODO and nearly 4 years of ownership. This was my second Ecosport and I can say with confidence that this is an awesome car to own. Absolutely no trouble, light on the pocket to maintain and fun to drive.

Now there are a lot of ownership threads on the Ecosport with brilliant details in our forum and hence I would not want to go in to too much of detail but would like to call out the key highlights of my ownership.

KMs Clocked: 23561
Bought: Dec 2017
Sold: Aug 2021

Service Details:
Serviced at: Only at Chennai Ford, Poonamallee Centre, Chennai
Service feedback: As a returning customer I had good knowledge of the service people and hence has been very good. I make sure to book for Quick service, be early, stay and collect my car.
Service Cost:
- I took the Periodic maintenance Gold plan that costed around 12k for 3 services. I have used only 2 of it so far and since it is transferable, my friend will use it for the next service. This covered labour, engine oil & filter and washer fluid.
- I preferred doing the wheel alignment and balancing at another place and would cost around Rs. 1000.
- Service cost is relatively cheap as long as you stick to the scheduled maintenance. The Service advisors tend to sell other services which I politely refuse to take.

Other Replacements:
- Front windscreen wiper (once)
- 1 Tyre at around 10000Km when I had a side wall crack due to a protruding steel bar from an underground drain. So I bought a new tyre to replace the damaged one, paired it with the Stepney and used it. I moved the other tire that had run around 10k kms as the stepney. Thus made sure that the threads wear out evenly.

Other Maintenance:
The car is regularly dusted and cleaned by a guy who helps with it in the apartment. However, I too clean it regularly and polish it every 6 months with MEGUIAR'S G19216 Ultimate Polish and top it up with Collinite 845 Insulator wax. This has kept the paint shining and smooth till date.

Fuel Economy:
I was tracking the fuel economy diligently using the Fuelio app but when I swapped my phone I lost the data and lost track. However, my average was above the 17.5kmpl mark. I drive sedately and hence never had a problem with the mileage.

Attaching some pics from my long rides in the last 1 year.

Ford Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (Facelift) - The machine I love-slide1.png

Ford Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (Facelift) - The machine I love-slide2.png

The best ever mileage 26.9kmpl was achieved today when I drove to Dindigul to handover my car to my friend. This was because my dad was following me in his car so that I could return with him. It was raining cats and dogs for the most part and hence maintained a speed of about 65 - 75 kmph so that he was also comfortable with the speed.

Ford Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (Facelift) - The machine I love-slide3.png

If you notice closely, the average mileage does change drastically based on the average speed. I normally drive at 90 - 100 kmph and touch 110 or 120 kmph briefly during the long drives. I quite strictly avoid speeding north of 120kmph.

Closing Note:
Both my Ecosports served me well and are still with people very dear to me. The first one is with my brother who is now using it in Bhutan and has covered 1.15 lakh kms. That required a suspension change at around 90k kms and tyre change at around 65k kms. The current car is now with my best pal and so will get to see it again.

For those thinking of buying an Ecosport, I would strongly recommend it despite the new arrivals in the segment. It is still a great car to own and fun to drive. If you have any specific question on it, please post it here and I shall be happy to answer.

Now you may ask me why I am changing my car now. My requirements are changing and I think it is that time in my life to own a 7 seater. I have booked a Safari but still validating other options like the XUV700 and the Innova Crysta. You would probably see another ownership thread opening up in a month or so.

Some parting shots of "The machine I STILL LOVE"

Ford Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (Facelift) - The machine I love-img_20210801_180326.jpg

Ford Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (Facelift) - The machine I love-img_20210801_180642.jpg

Ford Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium (Facelift) - The machine I love-img_20210801_180656.jpg