Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2018, 23:33   #31
BHPian

re: Emission Impossible - Owning an EV, the Mahindra E2O P6 UPDATE: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Answer to your question is in my opening post of this thread
Does the battery fan keep running (humming noise) while charging the vehicle overnight?
Old 13th August 2018, 14:20   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Does the battery fan keep running (humming noise) while charging the vehicle overnight?
Not for the entire period. But it switches on and off intermittently during charging.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 15:11   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been 9 months since the car came home and the ODO is now at 3500kms. In September second week, the car went into the first service at 3k Kms. The service experience was as expected from Mahindra-below average although it started well. The car was picked up at the scheduled time, and promptly returned back after service. The service bill was ₹0.

But after the service was over, the problem started. Whenever we stopped the car after driving a bit, the console would show 0% charge. Then it would go to safemode. And because if this, it wouldn't authenticate(or start)!

Emission Impossible - Owning an EV, the Mahindra E2O P6 UPDATE: Sold!-img20180927wa001501.jpegStarting problem...big problem

After switching off and switching on and repeating the cycle 4 to 5 times, it used to work fine. Again problem would start when the car is switched off. Irrespective of the charge (even at 100%), this problem used to occur.

Soon after the 1st time this issue came up, we called the dealer and they took back the car and returned next day saying the problem was sorted. We asked them what was the issue. They didn't tell anything except that the problem has been solved. As I had expected, the problem resurfaced again 2 days later. This time they kept the vehicle for long and were trying to find a solution.

Meanwhile I contacted my friend who works in Reva. He said that this safemode thing was a known issue. He told that the service team will in all probabilities replace a 12v battery and some cable along with a fuse.

Before I could relay this info back to my BIL and then to the service guys, the car had come back home and this time the problem has not resurfaced till today. I haven't followed up to understand the exact problem after that.

Then in August MORTH came up with a rule that all Battery operated vehicles must have Green colour background number plates. White fonts for private vehicles and yellow font for transport vehicles (see attached PDF for the Gazette Notification).

We called the dealer and they were unaware of it
In September when Ather delivered thier first (and only) batch of 10 scooters, I saw them with Green and white plates. So I decided to get it done for the E2O as well before any knowledgeable policeman fines for that reason. Yesterday I went and got it made.

Emission Impossible - Owning an EV, the Mahindra E2O P6 UPDATE: Sold!-20181107_13434201.jpeg
Green plates for Green vehicles

It looks yucky but we have no option!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf File3318 (1).pdf (1.79 MB, 200 views)

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 8th November 2018 at 15:12.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 19:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Then in August MORTH came up with a rule that all Battery operated vehicles must have Green colour background number plates. White fonts for private vehicles and yellow font for transport vehicles (see attached PDF for the Gazette Notification).
Do we have to change the e2o number plate immediately to Green one? Or do we wait for each state RTO to issue circular in this regard?
Old 8th November 2018, 23:08   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do we have to change the e2o number plate immediately to Green one? Or do we wait for each state RTO to issue circular in this regard?
its the MV Act and is applicable across the country. Whether you wait for the circular from RTO or not, is left to you. If a policeman knows about this, you can be fined. After Ather delivered their scooters in green and white plates (September), I was sure and got it done when i had time instead of waiting to get fined later.
Old 29th January 2019, 09:33   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

After my last update on 8th November 2018 about the console showing 0% battery all of a sudden, The issue cropped up again on 29th November 2018. This time we waited for a day and didn't call the dealer immediately (they have proved that they are useless). the issue vanished again from next day and not come back again to trouble us. Time and again this issue is showing us that we are after all owning a Mahindra

Emission Impossible - Owning an EV, the Mahindra E2O P6 UPDATE: Sold!-img20181129wa0016.jpg
0%

Apart from this issue, the car is covering miles in a steady manner. 2 days ago it crossed the 5K mark
Emission Impossible - Owning an EV, the Mahindra E2O P6 UPDATE: Sold!-img20190127wa0002.jpg
5000 Kms

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 29th January 2019 at 09:35.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 09:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After my last update on 8th November 2018 about the console showing 0% battery all of a sudden, The issue cropped up again on 29th November 2018. This time we waited for a day and didn't call the dealer immediately (they have proved that they are useless). the issue vanished again from next day and not come back again to trouble us. Time and again this issue is showing us that we are after all owning a Mahindra
Could be a sensor issue.
Are you charging the car fully once in three days? This is important as it maintains the voltage in all cells in healthy state. If not such situation can occur.
Old 29th January 2019, 09:52   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Are you charging the car fully once in three days? This is important as it maintains the voltage in all cells in healthy state. If not such situation can occur.
Yes its charged to 100% once in 3-4 days when SOC falls to around 20%

Quote:
Could be a sensor issue.
What sensor?
Old 29th January 2019, 10:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes its charged to 100% once in 3-4 days when SOC falls to around 20%

What sensor?
It could be battery sensor.

You need to charge the car once in 3 days irrespective of SOC. Don't wait it till it falls to 20%. I was charging it every day or alternate days if the car was not used, this ensures the voltage levels are balanced in each cell in the battery.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 16:39   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
?
Hey Hemanth. Had a question related to the E2O. The car was switched off in the drive mode and the battery has drained. What I understood is that it cannot be charged unless put in to N and there is no way to put to N without charging it? Is that correct?, If so what can be done here?
Old 23rd July 2019, 18:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hey Hemanth. Had a question related to the E2O. The car was switched off in the drive mode and the battery has drained. What I understood is that it cannot be charged unless put in to N and there is no way to put to N without charging it? Is that correct?, If so what can be done here?
Are you sure the car needs to be shifted to N? Most of the time I forget to shift to N and never faced any issues with charging. I cannot confidently say that I have charged the vehicle with shifter in F or R, but I can vouch that I never encountered a charging error because the vehicle is not in N and I always forget to shift to N.
Or is it specific to cases when your car has run out of battery?
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 19:07   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure if N is a necessity to charge. But to shift to N, there should be on for sure.
In the situation that it is not charging in F/R/B, only the service centre guys can help I'm afraid.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 19:52   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Or is it specific to cases when your car has run out of battery?
That seems to be the case. It is not my car, in fact it belongs to a friend of friend. So details are sketchy. Hence was checking if this was something standard.

Will get some more info and also ask to talk to service center.
Old 23rd July 2019, 21:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
That seems to be the case. It is not my car, in fact it belongs to a friend of friend. So details are sketchy. Hence was checking if this was something standard.

Will get some more info and also ask to talk to service center.
If battery has drained while the car was parked, then you have a safety switch which needs to be reset to start charging. Check the owners manual, it should be there under long term parking section.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 22:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hemanth,
Is the issue something that you can reproduce while at the Mahindra service center? I assume the car has a diagnostic port and they are able to get some logs to resolve the issue. If it is hard to reproduce, find out if you can do this yourself (collect diagnostic logs) when the car is in this state.
-GG

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 23rd July 2019 at 22:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks