Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 01:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT

Congrats on the Amaze! It is an amazing package! We have a SX(O) iVtec from October 2017 and it is our city runabout car and we really love the package as a whole.

And I am glad they finally put a button to end calls with... the older one just had a button to pick up a call.
Old 3rd July 2018, 18:53   #47
BHPian

The glove box issue is still not resolved. The technicians at the service center informed me that the glove box issue has been reported by many Amaze 2018 owners and Honda still does not have a fix.

Attaching a few snaps of my conversation with Honda:

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-snap1.png

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-snap2.png

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-snap3.png
scorpion_blore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 16:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
The glove box issue is still not resolved. The technicians at the service center informed me that the glove box issue has been reported by many Amaze 2018 owners and Honda still does not have a fix.
Congratulation on your Amaze. I specifically pointed out to the dealer person during test drive to attend the glovebox issue incase we go ahead with the purchase. During PDI of my Amaze, I noticed that the shut lines were proper without any major gaps and I was informed that they had adjusted the same (no idea what exactly they did). Over the last 250 Kms with most of it on potholed roads, it has not opened on it's own even once.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 22:40   #49
BHPian

Did a TD today. The so called rubber band effect was not that prominent & I quite liked the car. The interior quality & space at front & rear was very good. Rear leg room felt better than my Verna. The engine noise was evident inside the cabin but at cruising speed , it was acceptable.
Drove in congested city traffic & in open roads as well. Car was pretty good in both the scenarios. Went till 120 kmph & the car felt little skittish there & this is probably due to 175 tyres. Have you upgraded your tyres? I think it's a must. Over all , a nice product. Honda should provide diesel CVT in top variant too.
Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 13:11   #50
BHPian

Got response from Honda after a long wait. Apparently Honda technicians are working on the issue, and they have requested 15 days time for an update.

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-honda_reply.png

As of now, Honda service center has done some tweak to the glove box, and it is not getting opened when driven roughly over bad roads. However the panel gap is huge.
Old 20th July 2018, 11:24   #51
BHPian

@scorpion_blore - Could you please tell me how many days it took from the time of booking till you got the vehicle delivered? I booked my D V CVT last month and its been more than 40 days now, yet to get the delivery.
Old 25th July 2018, 06:29   #52
BHPian

Any chance on FE update? I took a test drive yesterday of the diesel CVT and found it surprisingly quick and smooth. It seemed to always be in the powerband. However, in very light traffic without a heavy foot, I only got about 13.5 km/l.

The FE of the demo car was 12.2 before I reset it for my test. The sales rep said in city conditions real world is 13-15 km/l. For a diesel that seems extremely low as the petrol CVT gives 11-12 in the city.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 09:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
For a diesel that seems extremely low as the petrol CVT gives 11-12 in the city.
Petrol CVT's are getting an initial mileage of as low as 7 kmpl. Check out this thread.

I think the diesel cvt will get something close to 18 kmpl once the engine has logged enough miles (after 10,000 kms).
Old 25th July 2018, 13:07   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Petrol CVT's are getting an initial mileage of as low as 7 kmpl. Check out this thread.

I think the diesel cvt will get something close to 18 kmpl once the engine has logged enough miles (after 10,000 kms).
Thanks for the update. I was looking for the official review thread and didn't see it so I asked the question here. I've asked them to bring the car home for an extended test drive. Will see what we can get then.
Old 28th July 2018, 13:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy View Post
@scorpion_blore - Could you please tell me how many days it took from the time of booking till you got the vehicle delivered? I booked my D V CVT last month and its been more than 40 days now, yet to get the delivery.
I pre-booked the diesel V CVT about 15 days before the launch. The car was delivered within 15 days of launch. I'm not sure of the wait times now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Any chance on FE update?
However, in very light traffic without a heavy foot, I only got about 13.5 km/l.

The FE of the demo car was 12.2 before I reset it for my test. The sales rep said in city conditions real world is 13-15 km/l.
I got 22 KMPL during the highway run. In city drive, I'm seeing FE of 15-16 KMPL. Note that I travel 70 kms daily which takes 4 hours due to pathetic bumper-to-bumper traffic in Bangalore. I don't think the traffic can get any worse than this in any city, so you can expect worst case FE of 15 KMPL in heavily congested city drive, and around 17-18 KMPL if your city drive has light traffic.
scorpion_blore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 19:38   #56
BHPian

scorpion_blore - Congratulations!!!!

Some latest updates

1. The Ring Road Honda, Dwarka, Delhi guy told me that the glove box issue is now resolved. No more complaints are coming.
2. The Diesel CVT for the VX variant is being planned and should be introduced sooner that later. But he is not sure of any date
3. I booked a Petrol V version on 25th July and getting the delivery tomorrow (29th July 2018). So getting the delivery in 4 days flat.
Old 5th August 2018, 21:31   #57
BHPian

Got my petrol VMT Amaze on 29th July. Same color - Golden Brown from Ring Road Honda, Dwarka.

Until today ran some 250 kms and the feel is great.

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-whatsapp-image-20180729-14.42.51-2.jpeg

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-whatsapp-image-20180729-14.42.51-3.jpeg

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-whatsapp-image-20180729-14.42.51-4.jpeg

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-whatsapp-image-20180729-14.42.51-5.jpeg

Life with my 'Brownie' - The 2018 Honda Amaze Diesel CVT-whatsapp-image-20180729-14.42.51.jpeg

Last edited by shuvadips : 5th August 2018 at 21:32. Reason: Add the showroom name.
shuvadips is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 11:36   #58
BHPian

Few updates:

1) Received email response from Honda regarding the glovebox issue. Their engineers have been able to provide a fix, and my dealer will get the modified glovebox this week, and they will replace my glovebox as soon as they receive it.

2) Received a SMS from Honda:
"Dear Customer,
Greetings from Honda,

Honda has announced a Product Update of EPS (Electric assist power steering) for some specific VIN numbers of Honda Amaze. You are requested to please bring your car to our dealership as per your convenience for inspection/replacement of EPS column.

Thanks & Regards
Honda Cars India Limited."

As recommended by Honda, I got the EPS update done couple of days back. I noticed a strange behaviour after returning home. I was able to start the car without pressing the brake, but this was just a one time occurrence.
Everything was going smooth for 10-15 kms of drive after this. Today morning while driving to my office, I noticed a strange issue. The brake felt a little bit hard, and the drive seemed lethargic even after pressing the accelerator. After driving for some duration, I noticed that the car was not at all creeping when put in 'D' mode. I realized something was wrong, then immediately took a U-turn and headed straight to the service station.
After another 2-3 kms, the situation got so pathetic that I started noticing smoke from behind, and the brake was too hard by this time. I immediately parked the car on the side, and was surprised to see smoke from the front driver side wheels.

I immediately called up the service station and they arranged for pickup. However when the mechanic arrived, the car was back to normal. The car is being checked now, and waiting for an update.

Makes me wonder what kind of checks do these Honda service station guys conduct. Luckily I cancelled my long drive plans yesterday. Otherwise I would have been in a big trouble.

A little bit OT, but am open for suggestions from T-BHPians. I'm so frustrated with this that I'm thinking of suing them. This kind of utter carelessness from the service station is not at all acceptable. What are my chances if I sue and take them to court?
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:31   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Few updates:

Today morning while driving to my office, I noticed a strange issue. The brake felt a little bit hard, and the drive seemed lethargic even after pressing the accelerator. After driving for some duration, I noticed that the car was not at all creeping when put in 'D' mode. I realized something was wrong, then immediately took a U-turn and headed straight to the service station.
After another 2-3 kms, the situation got so pathetic that I started noticing smoke from behind, and the brake was too hard by this time. I immediately parked the car on the side, and was surprised to see smoke from the front driver side wheels.
@scorpion_blore
Any further update from service centre about the root cause. Actually i am also thinking of upgrading to Amaze and watching your thread for updates.
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:01   #60
mxh
BHPian

Thanks for your thread. Seems to be a serious issue. What is the status bro?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks